AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » SideTopics   » HOME

Author Topic: HOME
GaryClair
Member # 3164

Icon 9 posted      Profile for GaryClair   Email GaryClair         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU
IP: Logged
Shane Glines
IE # 87
Member # 2513

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shane Glines   Author's Homepage   Email Shane Glines         Edit/Delete Post 
That was eye-opening, mind-blowing, beautiful, horrible, tragic and infuriating.
I should be mad at you, Gary. I was a lot happier when all I thought about were cartoons and boobs. I kind of miss living in fantasy land, but I guess that kind of ignorance is what created this mess.
S.

--------------------
www.shaneglines.net
www.cartoonretro.com

GaryClair
Member # 3164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GaryClair   Email GaryClair         Edit/Delete Post 
I think my life would be a hundred times better if I didn't think about politics and thought more about boobs.
SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't watched it. just the opening. but I tell you what, anything that opens where GUCCI turns into the word home kinda turns me off...then the statistic that we humans have only been around for 200,000 years and disrupted the pattern of life seems too limited and too cynical for me.

I do believe the focus should be on our crafts. art. creation. we don't know how old we are, we don't know how long we've been here. just speculation.

ok, I'll try to watch it. so much to watch and listen to these days. but this does not sound like truth to me in the opening. it sounds like speculation based off a cynical view of our power and creation.

--------------------
contact@animationnation.com
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com
www.myspace.com/redskystudio

Shane Glines
IE # 87
Member # 2513

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shane Glines   Author's Homepage   Email Shane Glines         Edit/Delete Post 
It's worth watching. Aside from the important message (which I didn't find heavy handed or preachy like these things tend to be) the photography and compositions are stunning- even the shots of the earth being ruined, which look like something out of Blade Runner.
I wasn't too surprised that it was produced by Luc Besson.
S.

--------------------
www.shaneglines.net
www.cartoonretro.com

SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
that explains the visuals. yes, they are stunning. still need to finish it though. I'm glad you say its not preachy...last thing we need is more preachy stuff. Just the facts ma'am. lol

--------------------
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com

Greg B
IE # 118
Member # 886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg B   Author's Homepage   Email Greg B         Edit/Delete Post 
Impressive photography for sure. It shows that our attempts at industry can be beneficial as well as detrimental.

It's now a matter of introducing behaviors that are beneficial which is quite a challenge considering the idiotic mindsets running rampant.

We either will succeed or there will be billions dying enmasse.

--------------------
http://www.boonestoons.com
http://www.spacefool.com

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
A great documentary. Watching this brought to mind in the Book of Revelation, when the 7th and final trumpet is blown which signals the final judgement for all mankind, the ones who will be destroyed are the destroyers of the earth.

I was feeling hopeless and lost as to our fate but the video ended up on a positive, promising note. We can change things. It doesn't have to be this way. It's up to us.

--------------------
 -

SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

its about personal choices. We need to make different ones.

--------------------
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com

Plai
IE # 298
Member # 3529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Plai   Author's Homepage   Email Plai         Edit/Delete Post 
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Gandhi

--------------------
Plai.tv

SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

word

--------------------
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
Thought I'd do some research into the quote that I paraphrased from the Book of Revelation.

It comes from Revelation 11:18, and this is the way it reads in the way it was originally written in Greek:

καὶ τὰ ἔθνη ὠργίσθησαν, καὶ ἦλθεν ἡ ὀργή σου καὶ ὁ καιρὸς τῶν νεκρῶν κριθῆναι καὶ δοῦναι τὸν μισθὸν τοῖς δούλοις σου τοῖς προφήταις καὶ τοῖς ἁγίοις καὶ τοῖς φοβουμένοις τὸ ὄνομα σου, τοὺς μικροὺς καὶ τοὺς μεγάλους καὶ διαφθεῖραι τοὺς διαφθείροντας τὴν γῆν.

I know enough to translate this directly. It literally says:

"And the nations were wrathful, and came your rage and the season of the dead's judgement and giving the reward to your servants the prophets and the saints and the ones who fear your name, the small and the great and destruction of the destroyers of the earth."

--------------------
 -

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012