AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » SideTopics   » Democratic Convention '08 (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: Democratic Convention '08
akinney
IE # 167
Member # 3050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for akinney   Email akinney         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

-

IP: Logged
-FP-
IE # 13
Member # 914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -FP-   Author's Homepage   Email -FP-         Edit/Delete Post 
More data.

Palin says:
IRAQ WAR A MISSION FROM GOD

Excerpt:

Gov. Sarah Palin was asked to ...address... the graduating class of commission students at her one-time church, Wasilla Assembly of God.

Speaking before the Pentecostal church, Palin painted the current war in Iraq as a messianic affair in which the United States could act out the will of the Lord.

"Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God," she exhorted the congregants. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan."

Holy fudge. Remember the heat Obama caught for Rev Wright?

Here's some sentiment expressed by the pastor of the above-mentioned house of sacred lunacy:
Pastor Kalnins has also preached that critics of President Bush will be banished to hell; questioned whether people who voted for Sen. John Kerry in 2004 would be accepted to heaven; charged that the 9/11 terrorist attacks and war in Iraq were part of a war "contending for your faith;" and said that Jesus "operated from that position of war mode". Kalnins has preached that the 9/11 attacks and the invasion of Iraq were part of a "world war" over the Christian faith, one in which Jesus Christ had called upon believers to be willing to sacrifice their lives."

Meanwhile:
Palin Investigation Stalled By McCain Campaign

Is the McCain campaign afraid of an 'October surprise' involving vice-presidential pick Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska?

The Alaska state senator running an investigation of Gov. Palin says the McCain campaign is using stall tactics to prevent him from releasing his final report by Oct. 31, four days before the November election.

"It's likely to be damaging to the Governor," said Senator Hollis French, a Democrat, appointed the project manager for a bi-partisan State Senate Legislative Counsel Committee investigation of claims that Palin abused her office to get the Alaska public safety commissioner, Walt Monegan, fired.

-

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
There's a simple solution to the problem of dealing with a candidate you don't like or whose policies you don't agree with. Don't vote for them.

When religious based alarmism comes from people who've proven themselves to be hostile to anything religious on the forums year after year, even cordial, well meaning discussions, I'd be a little more worried about things than what the religious alarmists may be hyping.

It's good to be getting this info, but I'd like our members to keep in mind the nature of our forum. If it's going to break down into ridicule once again, we're probably going to end this. Use your good judgment please. Thanks.

On the positive side of this election season, it appears that the candidates are avoiding the character issue, at least at this point, which is something new. As in the case of Bill Clinton for example, it doesn't appear that questionable character will be as much a factor as it has in the past. Looks to me that we might actually wind up with more of an issue oriented campaign on both sides, which is somewhat refreshing and what we really need. Whether anything will happen once the election is over, who can say, but I feel at least we'll have a more intelligent campaign season than in years before.

--------------------
 -

Mel Allen Sink
IE # 236
Member # 3123

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mel Allen Sink   Author's Homepage   Email Mel Allen Sink         Edit/Delete Post 
Could this be the soon to emerge scandal?

BTW, the GOP flogging "The Southern Strategy" in the Bible Belt would naturally make some people suspicious of Conservative Christians.

I was recently thinking about growing up as a Danish Disciples of Christ back in the '70s and how much back of the mind confusion that somebody like Garner Ted Armstrong or Jack Chick could cause.

--------------------
http://melallensink.blogspot.com

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

The link you posted has nothing to do with religious issues as they pertain to politics.

I'm asking again guys, as nicely as I know how. Don't turn this discussion about the political party conventions into a platform for expressing your personal hostility to religion. I'm tired of dealing with the aftermath of it. It turns people off and chases people away. I will close your account if I have to. Respect my request please.

--------------------
 -

Mel Allen Sink
IE # 236
Member # 3123

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mel Allen Sink   Author's Homepage   Email Mel Allen Sink         Edit/Delete Post 
My link had to do with trying to feel out the mystery scandal that Steve G mentioned.

--------------------
http://melallensink.blogspot.com

SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
so...wait...politics and religion are not the same?

so, what if you don't like or agree with any of the candidates? ever?

I said it before and I'll say it again...or George did..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u6lCBnRoHQ

--------------------
contact@animationnation.com
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com
www.myspace.com/redskystudio

SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Charles, I don't see how you can ask people to keep religious sentiment out of politics. the politicians don't and quite frankly, its all part of the same thing. control.

Complaining about the religious belief of a candidate is the same as complaining about their policies. kinda hard to separate the two when they certainly are not separate.

Nothing about politics is clean. its like opening a thread about sex and asking people not to be perverted.

If people get mad or offended about what others might say about their faith then they don;t have much of it. faith that is. I mean, after all, according to religious people I'm burning in hell for a number of reasons...and I'm not offended or mad.

and history will show that the misuse of their gods word has lead them to do some pretty terrible stuff...I think they should just get over themselves and how others might view them...at least thats what the devil says, he just emailed me and said he has a spot reserved for my ass...but then again, god just emailed me and said
don't worry about it...I don't know what to think anymore.

--------------------
contact@animationnation.com
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com
www.myspace.com/redskystudio

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Just asking for some consideration, that's all. When a topic turns to religion, I can guarantee who the posters will be, what they will say and how they will say it, which usually involves cloaking their comments in an insultive way. Sometimes more obvious than others. It was okay at one time here but it's been abused too much and as much as I try to keep the peace and maintain balance, it's a good thing gone bad.

Time to wrap it up. On to the Republican convention.

http://www.animationnation.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=003378;p=1#000004

--------------------
 -

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012