AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » SideTopics   » Will Smith To Direct Karate Kid Remake

Author Topic: Will Smith To Direct Karate Kid Remake
Paburrows
Member # 3300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paburrows   Email Paburrows         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe this, why do they have to keep remaking stuff? Well I know why, because of built in audiences and less risk, but can't they at least be faithful to the material? Wasn't his son like 3 0r 4 in Pursuit?

http://enewsi.com/news.php?catid=190&itemid=11913

Actor WILL SMITH will be donning his director's cap for his next project - a remake of 1984's KARATE KID.

The Pursuit of Happyness star, 39, is reportedly working on a modern-day version of the martial arts movie, with his nine-year-old son Jaden taking on the lead role of Daniel, originally made famous by Ralph Macchio.

Smith Jr. will star alongside Rush Hour's Jackie Chan, who will play the boy's mentor, Mr Miyagi, according to reports.

--------------------
http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/

IP: Logged
Steve Schnier
Member # 3378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Schnier   Email Steve Schnier         Edit/Delete Post 
They're remaking Karate Kid, because Will Smith wants to do it.

Will Smith sells a lot of movie tickets, so Will Smith gets to do whatever he wants -- and YOU will go see it, because Will Smith is in it.

Simple, huh?

Steve Schnier
Member # 3378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Schnier   Email Steve Schnier         Edit/Delete Post 
And do you want to know his secret?

It's his ears.

Will Smith has very cute ears. I heard him say so himself in an interview. He credits all his success on his ears.

ApeLad
IE # 231
Member # 3186

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ApeLad   Email ApeLad         Edit/Delete Post 
One thing about Will Smith, he loves stories all about how his life gets flipped turned upside-down.
(I miss that show)

OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFBEAT   Author's Homepage   Email OFFBEAT         Edit/Delete Post 
Better that he's behind the camera, and not playing the role of Mr. Miyagi or Daniel San.

--------------------
"Get Rich, or Die Drawing!"

Steve Schnier
Member # 3378

Why? He's got cute ears.
People pay money just to look at his ears.

Paburrows
Member # 3300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paburrows   Email Paburrows         Edit/Delete Post 
Offbeat - Yeah but Jackie Chan as Mr, Miyagi?

--------------------
http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/

droosan
IE # 4
Member # 2225

Icon 10 posted      Profile for droosan           Edit/Delete Post 
"Awwwhh, HELL naw" [Razz]
tstevens
IE # 234
Member # 801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tstevens   Author's Homepage   Email tstevens         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure he'll find a way to get a hit rap single somewhere in there because - afterall - Mr. Miyagi must get "jiggy-wit-it"...

--------------------
http://www.foogersnarts.blogspot.com

SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
"Wax on, Wax off" is a single waiting to happen.

a whole line up of video babes doin the new move "paint the fence".

good times.

--------------------
contact@animationnation.com
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com
www.myspace.com/redskystudio

OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFBEAT   Author's Homepage   Email OFFBEAT         Edit/Delete Post 
"...Don't be forget'n son..
.. I be tell'n daniel san..
... to be wax'n on..
... and relax'n son..
... and get'n it on'..
na na na.. na.. na.. na.."

...then Johnny sweeps the leg on Will Smith and finishes him. [Smile]

--------------------
"Get Rich, or Die Drawing!"

Tobias A. Wolf
IE # 250
Member # 383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tobias A. Wolf   Email Tobias A. Wolf         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what would be a cool remake? America from 2001 till today.

One without 9/11, the Iraq War, city destroying hurricanes, or the greatest doubt most of us have had in our nation since we were born. Maybe the spike in this trend comes from a much deeper place than much of us realize on a conscious level. Maybe...

...comfort food for thought.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012