AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » SideTopics   » F-Art (Fine Art)

Author Topic: F-Art (Fine Art)
OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFBEAT   Author's Homepage   Email OFFBEAT         Edit/Delete Post 
I love it when someone makes documentaries that back up my opinions of things. [Big Grin]

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony/mykidcouldpaintthat/trailer/

--------------------
"Get Rich, or Die Drawing!"

IP: Logged
eboles
IE # 266
Member # 917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eboles   Email eboles         Edit/Delete Post 
Well if the fine art world is such a racket, why don't you get in on it?
SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
cuz Im not 5 anymore.

--------------------
contact@animationnation.com
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com
www.myspace.com/redskystudio

eboles
IE # 266
Member # 917

despite what the work might suggest to you, neither are the vast majority of fine artists.
SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
what do you mean?

--------------------
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com

OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFBEAT   Author's Homepage   Email OFFBEAT         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Well if the fine art world is such a racket, why don't you get in on it?
Same reason I couldn't be a televangelist.. couldn't live with myself selling b.s.
[cheers]

--------------------

eboles
IE # 266
Member # 917

quote:
what do you mean?
SNAKEBITE: "cuz Im not 5 anymore."
eboles: "neither are the vast majority of fine artists"

eboles
IE # 266
Member # 917

quote:
Same reason I couldn't be a televangelist.. couldn't live with myself selling b.s.
You need to rationalize your way out of that one ... if people are dumb enough to buy what you're selling, they deserve to be ripped off. [funny]
OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

They do??

..in that case, I present ZEIGEIST!
http://zeitgeistmovie.com/

--------------------

OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

quote:
You need to rationalize your way out of that one ... if people are dumb enough to buy what you're selling, they deserve to be ripped off.
If you have an advantage over someone, you are in power.. and abuse of power is evil.

It's bad to take advantage of someone!!! I know business will tell you otherwise.. but business is often filled with douche bags.

--------------------

SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

eboles,
my bad. you're right.

c'mon offbeat, thats the american way. take advantage of the situation. [Wink]

--------------------
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com

Tobias A. Wolf
IE # 250
Member # 383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tobias A. Wolf   Email Tobias A. Wolf         Edit/Delete Post 
Fine Art is as much about the artist and their story as it is about the end product, in fact probably even more so.

It seems to me it isn't much different than the storytelling that occurs within the world of studio films, comic books, or video games. Except in the Fine Art world your selling your story. It isn't some kind of separate product removed from you that could have been created by a faceless corporation.

It's about applying extraordinary invention to your work that can uniquely tell that story. Not all inventions are a successes in terms of reaching people with what you want to express, but it is still about that process. Whether it be sculpting a fat Tooth Fairy out of children's discarded milk teeth held together with superglue mixed with lard, or painting a multi-story bull's-eye on the Empire State Building on September 12, 2001 (probably not a good idea). If your invention works, it sells and/or is remembered by history. If not, well, your work gets referenced in posts like this one.

Either way, it's all about reaching people with what you have to say, Fine Art or not. Clearly something about the little girl's art reached people, and made them care about her work. Whether it was through her story or the work itself.

Some of us may never have so many care about what it is we do in our entire lives. But hey, that's the risk you take in being an artist.

SoleilSmile
IE # 120
Member # 1483

Icon 12 posted      Profile for SoleilSmile   Author's Homepage   Email SoleilSmile         Edit/Delete Post 
As an artist who dabbles in both disciplines, thank you Tobias.

--------------------
HipChick Comics and Animatress Blog

www.hipchickcomics.com
http://www.animatress.blogspot.com/

Sketchpad
IE # 5
Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketchpad   Author's Homepage   Email Sketchpad         Edit/Delete Post 
[cheers] [bow] [guitar]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012