AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » SideTopics   » No End In Sight (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: No End In Sight
eboles
IE # 266
Member # 917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eboles   Email eboles         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The stock market doing well doesn't just benefit some made up fat cat CEO oil baron. The stock market doing well benefits everyone with a retirement account.

I've got no problem enjoying being in a country with a roaring economy.

That's really terrific, but getting back on topic, no amount of trickle-down economics ever justifies starting a war.

You have to take a step back and realise that what's been started here is going to play out for decades to come and affect hundreds of thousands of lives. If people aren't going to be held accountable for mistakes of that magnitude, I don't know what to think anymore. Have right and wrong ceased to exist? It sets a pretty low standard.

IP: Logged
Greg B
IE # 118
Member # 886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg B   Author's Homepage   Email Greg B         Edit/Delete Post 
Well said Eboles and that's the point of my sarcasm. We can see the outpoints and horrors but the people who instigate and support them are only insterested in one thing: Their own interests.

They don't care about human rights or constitutional rights. They never did. As long as they acquire wealth and control the throwbacks beneath them into mindless fawning subjugation, they're content.

Stock markets rise and the economy booms because no matter what is thrown at people we'll make it somehow. Politicians like to claim their leadership and policies are the reason but no, it's just people using what they have to rise above.

--------------------
http://www.boonestoons.com
http://www.spacefool.com

Mr. Fun
IE # 63
Member # 352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Fun           Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't you heard? Right and wrong have ceased to exist.

The King makes all the rules now.

SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
But that emperor wears no clothes!

I don't put much faith in the stock market's success. Its kinda like a score board for the rich.
sure other people play in that world, but ultimately
its about the rich...the same dudes in power...retirement plans. what retirement plans?
how many people have those?

What gets me when debating or discussing issues like
this in room full of creators and story tellers is that this is the greatest tale ever told. The truest and oldest story of the struggle of man. Most people
here have worked on a story like this...but still, here we are...people still don't see how this effects the bigger picture or that its even probable at all.

These people in office, they would not defend you like you defend them. If you believe the contrary then god bless you.

I don't know why I felt the need to post this. after all when it comes to matters of opinion its
ridiculous to debate...wait, theres facts to back
the truth...then maybe its when it comes to matters of (something more suitable, cuz I don't know what it is that keeps people from seeing the truth, here) its ridiculous to debate...

I think we need aliens to shake stuff up.

--------------------
contact@animationnation.com
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com
www.myspace.com/redskystudio

Greg B
IE # 118
Member # 886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg B   Author's Homepage   Email Greg B         Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Fun and Snakebite speak true!

What's going on in the world now is the first global look for God.

What I mean is, now for the first time in human history we with access to computers and the internet can study one another's history and judge for ourselves what the true constants are.

When we live in isolated communities and countries we become unaware to the overall picture and live on hearsay of others. Now that we can study on our own and compare notes we're seeing something that doesn't fit our mythologies or imaginations. In other words this is the dawning of the age of the Real Deal, put up or shut up. We see tsunamis kill thousands but the animals knew to run to high ground how come we didn't with all our satellites and submarines and technology? What did the beasts know that we didn't?

There are people in this world who do not believe in gods and religions only survival and in their world it's get or be gotten. It doesn't get more complicated than that. That group is growing by leaps and bounds because on a daily basis they don't see it. Cool says I. Not one to get in the way of someone else's reality.

As a species we're going to have to come to grips with a new age of understanding that may or may not be comforting, yet now, more than any other time in human history what it is to be human and humane will be become definitive and then we'll see if we make it or not. We'll end up either at one another's throats or shoulder to shoulder.

Wanna bet on the outcome?

--------------------

Greg B
IE # 118
Member # 886

Snakebite, about retirement: Plan now.

Why? Because there are many artists I know who I grew up admiring and they're now in their early 60s and dead broke.

I see many actors and entertainers that way too. I figured with my luck I'd end up living a lonnnng life and with today's breakthrough medical technology we may be around for 1,000 years or more. I had planned on retiring a couple of years ago but got sidetracked and got ill. It took me an entire year to work out a new retirement package and I finally got the finance man I needed to seal it. I can look at within a year a phat retirement nest egg in the 7 figures easy. Doesn't mean I'm gonna stop creating! I busted my butt this past year through a deadly illness and hooked up with some awesome companies that we all know and new projects rolling out. Some faster than others much to my surprise!

Artists need to think about the future. I've never been out of work so I don't know that feeling. I've been out of my mind, but never out of work. My philosophy has always been if no one will give you a job then make one.

I push myself hard. I have 10 hour study periods every day now with new software ( remember the photoshop thread where you invented a new term? )as well as studying real estate, medical etc.

I was laughing at your post because I had an image of what all of us on AN would be like 50 years from now and remembered that Bugs Bunny cartoon where he and Elmer Fudd grew old and were chasing each other around in wheelchairs. I could see all of us old as sin with brain implants that let us surf the web and argue by using virtual giant transformer robots.

Fun!

--------------------

SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
ya know, for the first time in my young 35 years I actually have a five year plan. its all about the future all time these days...but not forgetting to live in the moment ofcourse.

My comment was a general one. as in alot of america is screwed when it comes to retirement. even some of my own family members have no hope...another reason I got to think ahead is to not only take care of my arse but my family as well.

eventually everyones bubble will burst. they will see how the stock market has nothing to do with the american public, just the american private.

or eventually everyone will be that 60 year old
supporter of the american values out in the cold lookin for third world labor to buy happy meals
while living out of a card board box.

it may not happen in our lifetime but its gonna happen.

--------------------
contact@animationnation.com
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com
www.myspace.com/redskystudio

Caracal
IE # 161
Member # 3024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caracal   Author's Homepage   Email Caracal         Edit/Delete Post 
This president has violated international law, constitutional law, and trampled civil liberties and the law of habeus corpus. He has condoned the use of torture and violated the rules of war under the Geneva convention. He is a criminal. He has led the most corrupt government in our history. He has destroyed thousands of lives for a war based on falsifying evidence and lying to the American people. I have nothing but the greatest loathing and contempt for those who support him. They are morally and ethically corrupt and are traitors to the ideals of the constitution and the separation of powers and the rule of law.

Cheers

Greg B
IE # 118
Member # 886

Caracal, be careful. There's a new law Bush signed a few days ago that says the government can confiscate your personal property if you make them angry. Add to that the new form of emminent domain that was signed into law not too long ago that allows for the confiscation of your property for business reasons it's not wise to speak up.

Be vewwwy vewwwy quiet, Dick's huntin' wabbits.

--------------------

Jennifer Hachigian Jerrard
IE # 8
Member # 2280

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Jennifer Hachigian Jerrard   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Hachigian Jerrard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
From Mr. Fun:

Haven't you heard? Right and wrong have ceased to exist.

The King makes all the rules now.

He's not The King now, just an increasingly powerful President who goes unchallenged and unquestioned by Congress, the Supreme Court, the media and a third of U.S. citizens.

However, the President quietly declared the right to control all of the federal government in the event of a catastrophic emergency last May. Only in the event of a catastrophic emergency will he "lead the activities of the Federal Government for ensuring constitutional government."

-+-
-+-
-+-

To those who support the current President's "right" to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants:

Bush's reasons for assuming all his extra power will still be in place by 2009. The Al-Qaeda threat will not go away by then. Bush keeps refusing and vetoing timetables, so we'll still be stuck in Iraq two years from now. Nancy Pelosi took "impeachment off the table," so all the new powers that Bush acquired for the executive branch will still be in place by 2009.

Judging by the polls, a Democratic presidential candidate will win the 2008 election. When that happens, I expect you to practice consistency in your support for expanded executive power. You must continue "supporting the President" and his or her right to tap your phone without a warrant.

Thanks.

--------------------
 -

Greg B
IE # 118
Member # 886

Jennifer, you're very bright.

I must however make this point which seems to elude everyone regarding how such events can occur where the present executive branch can go unencumbered to such an uprecedented degree.

It's called criminal association.

Unfortunately, we have tens of millions of Americans who flourish from criminal activity. That does indeed include global murder and theft. If you just stop by the DoJ website you'll see their startling figures. Don't know if you recall a thread I started here years ago that exposed the heroin scandal regarding this administration. Basically it showed without error, backed by the DoJ's own published data that the flow of heroin since 9/11 had increased to unprecedented measures as had drugs in general in direct face of the increased global security. There was no excuse for it other than criminal association.

Suddenly the Attorney General got on the air all flustered. The folks in the news services I work with ran stories all over on it. They knew we hit the truth.

So that's the problem. Our country has gotten to the point where the criminals have gained such a foothold that they have successfully undermined the checks and balances we had put in place to ensure a more perfect union.

It's that simple. Evil flourishes when good men do nothing.

--------------------

rdelgado
Member # 552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rdelgado   Email rdelgado         Edit/Delete Post 
As ususual, Mr. Fun checks in with a solid point. Right and wrong have been replaced by justification and proving one's point to the ends of the universe, rationalizing mortality as part of the process.

The complexities of politics are an illusion going back to Rome's senate, to keep everyone from seeing what really happens, which is that the power and wealth of the world self-propagate, keeping the rest of us, above the poverty line or not, on a treadmill.

We are squirrels on that treadmill, keeping their light bulbs on at night, and their children out of war. Fuedalism has not gone away, merely renamed to be (fill in the polar opposite of your political beliefs here).

When all of this political analysis and geographical territorialism gets replaced by an examination of the true political parties, which are wealthy, middle class and poor, then the tectonic plates of change may start to move.

Ricardo Delgado

Tobias A. Wolf
IE # 250
Member # 383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tobias A. Wolf   Email Tobias A. Wolf         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Fuedalism has not gone away, merely renamed to be (fill in the polar opposite of your political beliefs here).
I couldn't agree more, although such an assessment of the overall condition of humanity is almost never put in such terms. Especially through established media outlets here in the states. It's almost foolish to think the psychological tools and mechanisms of slavery and servitude have been destroyed, especially given the evolutionarily short period between the abolishment of such widespread practices in many societies and today.

For those without economic, social, or political power; slavery or some form of it has been an established norm for most of human history. But look at the world since it's widespread demise.

The slave economy of Rome never manifested the growth and technological advancement this country has achieved in the last 100 some years. Not to downplay completely their advancements, but their Republic lasted nearly 1000 years and it doesn't come even come close to what this country has done since the Civil War.

Granted the trappings of slavery and servitude have changed, but I would say our modern form of it has worked remarkably well. And when it's realized by the majority of humanity that it only went away in name and trappings, in whatever form of fits and starts, we're in for another good advancement.

Just because the Soviet Union and the communist revolution failed doesn't mean that the continuous human revolution for equity in class is over. The Marx movement was just a modern incarnation of it.

From Moses against the Egyptians, to Patrick Henry facing the British, it is far from over.

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012