Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » SideTopics   » War on War

Author Topic: War on War
Greg B
IE # 118
Member # 886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg B   Author's Homepage   Email Greg B         Edit/Delete Post 
We should have a War on War.

Like we've had a War on Drugs, a War on Poverty, War on Fat, War on Crime etc.

Wait, we shouldn't have a War on War. Everytime we have a War on something it just gets bigger and more out of hand!

We should have a War on Peace! That way Peace will run amok and the government will have no control over Peace.

Or maybe we should have a Peace on something. Like a Peace on Crime or a Peace on War. Everytime we have a Peace on something it shrinks.

Of course I make no sense whatsoever but who really gives a snot?

--------------------
http://www.boonestoons.com
http://www.spacefool.com

IP: Logged
Jessie
Member # 1722

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Jessie   Email Jessie         Edit/Delete Post 
"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"
Smeeb!
Member # 67

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smeeb!           Edit/Delete Post 
I am so sick to death of war after war after war...fought in the name of "the country's best interest" I wish someone would shoot Bush in his ugly mokey head.
Smeeb!
Member # 67

Sorry. i meant MONKEY head. I meant no disrespect to Mokey...as in Fraggle :}
-FP-
IE # 13
Member # 914

Icon 2 posted      Profile for -FP-   Author's Homepage   Email -FP-         Edit/Delete Post 
http://deadbrain.co.uk/news/article_2006_09_01_4959.php
The Mod
Administrator
Member # 854

Icon 4 posted      Profile for The Mod   Email The Mod         Edit/Delete Post 
Smeeb, I know you're running on high emotions right now concerning the politics of the country. But do not make any threat towards the life of the President of the United States. & this goes to everyone else on this board. I know the wording was such that you did not explicitly make a threat towards him, but it could be construed as such. The Secret Service does not take such things lightly.
Smeeb!
Member # 67

Dude. I didn't make a threat. I just WISHED for something to happen. Wishing isnt the same as DOING. And besides the secret service can kiss my ass. They're part ofthe problem if they're protecting a murdering, lying, thiving, profiteering CRIMINAL!
Smeeb!
Member # 67

And I come from an FBI family. I ain't worried.
Greg B
IE # 118
Member # 886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg B   Author's Homepage   Email Greg B         Edit/Delete Post 
Smeeb, that's taking things way over the top and you know what the MOD had to say. Instead of us having a thread we can participate in you're going to get it locked down and people in trouble.

--------------------
http://www.boonestoons.com
http://www.spacefool.com

Smeeb!
Member # 67

Dude. I didnt make a threat. Read what I wrote! I said I WIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHEEEEDDDDDD!

For god's sake you're acting like you're scared of being dragged down to guantanamo Bay. You people can't seriously be that scared of the government.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JJa_PVtlSIM

Smeeb!
Member # 67

And what? I can't have an unfavorable opinion of this man?

310 BILLION dollars has been spent on the war in Iraq. For that price we could have health care. No, instead, people you know and love could die without being able to afford lifesaving treatment.

Bush...is...a...monster. HE...is the reason there are so many WAR threads.

LeftyMcKay
IE # 168
Member # 2558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeftyMcKay   Author's Homepage   Email LeftyMcKay         Edit/Delete Post 
Call me extreme, but I think my proposed disclaimer should have been inserted immediately following Jessie's post.
Once again...

• You are now entering a largely thought-free zone. Any attempts at introducing rational arguments and intellectual ideas will be met with ridicule, derision, mockery, yelling and general incoherence.

Any inversion of logic will be applauded, as will any opportunity to negatively implicate Bush in anything.

Anything.

And don't call him President!

Nobody is evil except for George W. Bush and the members of his administration. All others accused of being evil are simply crazy. Or whacked.

The insane will be regarded as sane, the good as evil and whosoever should attempt to contradict this shall be labeled either a racist, an extremist, a Republican or all of the above. Should the person happen to be of African heritage the term Uncle Tom will suffice as a prefix.

Other acceptable accusations, regardless of circumstance or validity, are war-monger, chickenhawk, moron and sexist.

Any relative of any member of the Bush Administration, no matter how distant, will be used as an opportunity to discredit said member of the administration regardless of what was actually said or done, not to mention when.

All those who have accumulated wealth, whether by labor or inheritance, shall be impugned while all those earning below the minimum wage shall be exalted.

Any links to left-leaning periodicals, pundits or bloggers used to support arguments will be accepted as truth, especially if the same website frequently documents anything related to alien abductions. Likewise, any links to right-of-center sources, especially Fox News, NewsMax and WorldNetDaily, will be immediately discredited, especially if the author makes evident their religious faith. Furthermore, any person who holds views similar to Bush shall be referred to as a lapdog or mouthpiece.

All those who do not take a proactive stance against the threat of global warming will be considered fools. If our proactive stance in the 1970s against global cooling taught us anything it's that scientists are always right.

Any attempt to shed a positive light on The United States of America will be met with a response detailing her faults, most of which (though not all) result from Bush anyway. Any attempts to analogize a current situation with one of the past will be refuted unless it portrays America in a negative manner. Should anyone complain about this policy they are to be accused of questioning our patriotism.

I hope everyone joins me in wishing Smeeb! a speedy recovery from his acute case of BDS .

--------------------
 -

The Mod
Administrator
Member # 854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Mod   Email The Mod         Edit/Delete Post 
I perhaps could have worded my warning better, but if you read my initial post, I noted that you didn't actually make a threat. I would again warn members not to actually cross that line.

I've no problem with anyone espousing their views on the man or the current politicos, whatever they may be, just so we're clear.

Smeeb!
Member # 67

I'm not going to blame bush for my life's woes, but i will tell you this plain and simple. It just happens to be a fact.

Ever since he was elected, my life has gone further and further downhill. I've never been more depressed, embarassed, and unhappy in my life! Prior to that, life was friggin great! At least, between the years 1992-2000.

[This is a completely innapropriate use of the AN Forums. Closing topic.]

[ September 04, 2006, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: Charles ]

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012