AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » SideTopics   » Who needs the nazis...

Author Topic: Who needs the nazis...
Thomas
IE # 19
Member # 101

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Thomas   Email Thomas         Edit/Delete Post 
When now we have the mullahs. Damn! didn't we just fight a war 50+ years ago just to end these sort of shenanigans. Seems that old evil ideas never go out of fashion.
Arm bands going to be required to be worn by anyone not a Muslim

--------------------
-Tom

IP: Logged
SquarejawHero
IE # 188
Member # 2601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SquarejawHero   Author's Homepage   Email SquarejawHero         Edit/Delete Post 
What can I say. I'm utterly dumbfounded.

--------------------
Bowendesign.com

Jennifer Hachigian Jerrard
IE # 8
Member # 2280

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Jennifer Hachigian Jerrard   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Hachigian Jerrard         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe it's not true:

quote:
From http://www.940news.com/locale.php?news=2512

Iran report of Holocaust-style badges questioned
2006-05-19 09:06:12

The National Post is sending shockwaves across the country this morning with a report that Iran's Parliament has passed a law requiring mandatory Holocaust style badges to identify Jews and Christians.
But independent reporter Meir Javdanfar, an Israeli Middle East expert who was born and raised in Tehran, says the report is false.
"It's absolutely factually incorrect," he told The New 940 Montreal.
"Nowhere in the law is there any talk of Jews and Christians having to wear different colours. I've checked it with sources both inside Iran and outside."
"The Iranian people would never stand for it. The Iranian government wouldn't be stupid enough to do it."
Political commentator and 940 Montreal host Beryl Waysman says the report is true, that the law was passed two years ago.
"Jews should wear yellow strips, Christians red strips, because according to the Iranian mullahs, if a Mulsim shakes hands with a non-Muslim he becomes unclean."

The National Post cites Iranian expatriots living in Canada as its primary source on the story.
The Post story can be read here: http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=11fbf4a8-282a-4d18-954f-546709b1240f &k=32073
(You may have to highlight the link and copy and paste it into your browser.)

--------------------
 -

-FP-
IE # 13
Member # 914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -FP-   Author's Homepage   Email -FP-         Edit/Delete Post 
The National Post is owned by Hollinger International. Its board members have recently included:
Gordon Paris, Richard Burt, Daniel Colson, Cyrus Freidhelm, Henry Kissinger, Shmuel Meitar, John O'Brien, Richard Perle, Graham Savage, Raymond Seitz, and James R. Thompson.

Hollinger used to be helmed by the incredibly-hated Conrad Black. Black is a neocon, currently under indictment for a bunch of stuff. The neocons want war in Iran. They lie to make what they want happen. They own most of the media, so their lies go publicly unchallenged by the most visible broadcasts and newspapers. Even though Black is no longer in control, the Hollinger publications do not seem to have abandoned his agenda.
Here are 1500 news stories about Conrad Black.

More:
http://www.slate.com/id/2106175/
and
REPORT OF INVESTIGATION BY THE SPECIAL COMMITTEE OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF HOLLINGER INTERNATIONAL INC.

The prosecutor in Black's case is Patrick Fitzgerald, who is also rigorously pursuing indictments against Karl (Turdblossom) Rove, which makes Fitzgerald my favorite republican appointee.

There's a lot more to read if you wanna hit GOOGLE fer it. Bottom line: This "badge" news comes from the big evil machine, so it could be total bunk. The story just appeared on MSNBC as a five-second blip.

Thomas
IE # 19
Member # 101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thomas   Email Thomas         Edit/Delete Post 
The situation as it stands now in regards to the story that came out this morning, is that the colored ribbons that non-Muslims would have to wear has not yet been independently verified. What has been verified is that the Majlis did pass a law this week mandating a national Islamic dress code.

It should be noted that Nazis got the idea for marking the Jews with the yellow patch from the peoples of that region. Being most recently used by Persian leaders (before the Nazis) in the beginning of the last century.

http://www.parstimes.com/history/jews_persia.html

FP: Shall I call forth all the discressions that have caused such embarrassment for established news agencies such as the NY Times or CBS News? Yet people seem to still trust their stories no matter the indiscretions or bias they put forth on a daily basis.

--------------------
-Tom

Jennifer Hachigian Jerrard
IE # 8
Member # 2280

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Jennifer Hachigian Jerrard   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Hachigian Jerrard         Edit/Delete Post 
I look forwards to reading the BBC and Christian Science Monitor reports on this dress code business.

Meanwhile, here's what the ADL said:

quote:
From http://www.adl.org/PresRele/IslEx_61/4819_61.htm

ADL Statement on Unconfirmed Reports of Iranian 'Dress Code'

New York, NY, May 19, 2006 … The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) today issued the following statement in response to unconfirmed reports that the Iranian parliament may be considering a "dress code" bill that would include badges or other identifying marks for non-Muslims:

• While it is factual that the Iranian parliament is considering some kind of dress code, there is no evidence of any discussion or legislation concerning badges or the like for Jews and others. Clearly, dress codes imposed by a government on a people are one more example of the backwardness of the regime, and would be unhealthy for all groups, including minorities. How this could affect Jews, Christians and other minorities is not immediately known.

We will continue to monitor the situation in Iran as this story develops and will make further comment when more information about the proposed Iranian law comes to light.

--------------------
 -

-FP-
IE # 13
Member # 914

Icon 2 posted      Profile for -FP-   Author's Homepage   Email -FP-         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
FP: Shall I call forth all the discressions that have caused such embarrassment for established news agencies such as the NY Times or CBS News? Yet people seem to still trust their stories no matter the indiscretions or bias they put forth on a daily basis.
I'm not sure I understand that sentence. If you're saying news sources are biased, I agree. CBS and NYT are pretty much mouthpieces for the right, with occasional poorly-done forays into "left-leaning" news to keep up appearances.
Thomas
IE # 19
Member # 101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thomas   Email Thomas         Edit/Delete Post 
WOW...I take it to mean, from your last post, that perhaps you consider them to be conservative mouthpeices because they happen be large business in their own right?

Just what would you consider to be left?

--------------------
-Tom

-FP-
IE # 13
Member # 914

Icon 2 posted      Profile for -FP-   Author's Homepage   Email -FP-         Edit/Delete Post 
Lately it seems any attempt at reporting anything dangerously true is labeled "left-leaning". I don't mean true as in the obvious sense of "the war in Iraq is going badly" or "Karl Rove may be indicted" - I mean true in the sense that "Choicepoint's ultimate goals for data-mining are chilling and they're working with the goverment" and "Christian Theological Dominionists are the scariest damn thing in the world" and "Karl Rove spent last week working his butt off to ensure the nomination of 20 federal judges, at least one of whom is likely to hear his appeals in case his pardons are thwarted in some way".

The world's best investigative reporter Greg Palast might be considered a left-wing source - although he just uncovers and reports stuff that actually happened, and thus can barely get publicly booked to appear anywhere. Another "lefty" is the spectaculary well-researched Rhandi Rhodes. She can deliver verbal smackdowns that put O'Reilly's to shame because rather than screaming "shut up", she confronts opponents with documented fact that can not be refuted. Good luck hearing her show, though - she's on the doomed AIR AMERICA network.

MEDIAMATTERS.ORG is a great source of what news organizations are actually saying. It's reporting is based soley on transcripts and video records, and comparing what is said with previous records of what the same sources said, and with independently verifiable fact. Mediamatters outrages those such as O'Reilly and Limbaugh by reporting their own words, comparing them with words previously spoken, and pointing out inconsistencies, or occasionally just highlighting glaring lunacy or lies.

Rather than cut'n'pasting four hundred pages of stuff, I'll post the link so you can see yourself, if you wanna:
http://mediamatters.org/

Perhaps referring to CBS and NYT as "mouthpieces for the right" misstates slightly, in that many things said and done by this administration are reported without question by these and other "news"organizations, and many of the most outrageous things are simply not reported at all, especially when that reportage would bring negative attention to businesses owned by the same corporations that control the news programming. Ignoring egregious acts can have the same effects as reporting they're peachy. The truth is not being reported accurately by any of the most widely-seen ostensible news sources. The most frequently expressed truths on TV are spoken by THE DAILY SHOW and THE COLBERT REPORT. It's unfortunate that late-night programming with less than 2 million viewers, nestled in the comfy bedding of comedy, is the only incisive examination on TV of the horrors and insanity taking place today.

OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFBEAT   Author's Homepage   Email OFFBEAT         Edit/Delete Post 
Something nutty about a country that chants "Death To America"
It's only a matter of time before we're at war with them.. as soon as we get a stockpile of those radioactive free nukes.

-

--------------------
"Get Rich, or Die Drawing!"

Noogy
IE # 18
Member # 705

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Noogy   Email Noogy         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL Offbeat, that image had me laughing for five minutes!

--------------------
-Dean Dodrill

-

SquarejawHero
IE # 188
Member # 2601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SquarejawHero   Author's Homepage   Email SquarejawHero         Edit/Delete Post 
ACtually, I find that image pretty offensive. It makes an assumption that those people are terrorists when they most probably are poor people under a corrupt regime that take whatever is fed to them. Like, I'm sure, some of us do in the west. Not only that there is no context for that protest image either - it's "the arabs burning a flag are terrorists".

No, it's not funny in any way. Protest is often done differently in other countries, flag burning being one of them. I have a Korean neighbour who I know and respect, who with her boyfriend recently cared for me when I was ill. She revealed to me recently she's burnt a US flag in protest. She's no terrorist, she's opinionated sure and I don't agree with that kind of statement so I was suprised at that. But I think that kind of joke says more about the people who find it funny than the image itself.

Sorry fellas, that's how I feel.

--------------------
Bowendesign.com

Noogy
IE # 18
Member # 705

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Noogy   Email Noogy         Edit/Delete Post 
Burning an american flag = demoralizing our troops = keeping America from doing its job = terrorism.

Besides... I would even laugh even if they were americans. Respect the flag.

--------------------
-Dean Dodrill

-

SquarejawHero
IE # 188
Member # 2601

I'm not going to get into this. I just wanted to say I don't see the humour in it, not do I see your point Noody. I never agreed to the sentiment but neither do I see how protest is terrorism.

--------------------
Bowendesign.com

SquarejawHero
IE # 188
Member # 2601

Oops, soz! I meant Noogy. I see I can now edit posts but not actually repost them. I hope we're going to get a limited function set back soon as its incredibly irritating when you've overlooked errors.

--------------------
Bowendesign.com

OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFBEAT   Author's Homepage   Email OFFBEAT         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't you hear George Bush's speech.. you're either with us.. or with the terrorists.

Which, in my opinion whenever that sound bite is played, it should be followed with a Beavis and Butthead "Uhhhhhhhhh...."

I'm sure they called them "Terrorists Azzh0les" to shorten the punch for comedic effect.

Sounds better than "Some foreigner who really hates flags"

--------------------

SquarejawHero
IE # 188
Member # 2601

Now that's funny. Trust you to turn me on my head and laugh regardless, OB!

Blame my weird English on this new wireless keyboard! Not used to it. Er... that's it... it's the keyboard. That's probably what they're saying at canada.com right now. [Wink]

--------------------
Bowendesign.com

-FP-
IE # 13
Member # 914

See:
http://www.juancole.com/2006/05/another-fraud-on-iran-no-legislation.html

Excerpt:
Saturday, May 20, 2006

Another Fraud on Iran: No Legislation on Dress of Religious Minorities

Maurice Motamed, the representative of the Iranian Jewish community in Iran's parliament, has strongly denied the rumors started by Canada's National Post that the Iranian legislature has passed a law requiring members of religious communities to wear identifying badges.

The report was also denied on Montreal radio by Meir Javedanfar, Middle East Analyst and the Director for the Middle East Economic and Political Analysis Company.

The National Post was founded by Conrad Black and has been owned by CanWest since 2003,* is not a repository of expertise about Iran. It is typical of black psychological operations campaigns that they begin with a plant in an out of the way* newspaper that is then picked up by the mainstream press. Once the Jerusalem Post picks it up, then reporters can source it there, even though the Post has done no original reporting and has just depended on the National Post article, which is extremely vague in its own sourcing (to "human rights groups").

The actual legislation passed by the Iranian parliament regulates women's fashion, and urges the establishment of a national fashion house that would make Islamically appropriate clothing. There is a vogue for "Islamic chic" among many middle class Iranian women that involves, for instance, wearing expensive boots that cover the legs and so, it is argued, are permitted under Iranian law. The scruffy, puritanical Ahmadinejad and his backers among the hardliners in parliament are waging a new and probably doomed struggle against the young Iranian fashionistas. (The Khomeinists give the phrase "fashion police" a whole new meaning).

There is nothing in this legislation that prescribes a dress code or badges for Iranian religious minorities, and Maurice Motamed was present during its drafting and says nothing like that was even discussed.

The whole thing is a steaming crock.

-FP-
IE # 13
Member # 914

More:

The author of the original "badge" story in the Post is Amir Taheri, born in Iran. He is a member of Benador Associates. From the site: "Benador Associates is a public relations firm based in New York and Washington, specialized in the areas of media applied to politics, conflict resolution, the dialogue of civilisations, foreign policy, national security, anti-terrorism, defense of human rights and freedom of religion, among others".

Look at the "Eleana's Choice" page of showcased articles and you'll find an assortment of neocon propaganda:
http://www.benadorassociates.com/eleanaschoice.php

Among immediately recognizeable members of Benador Associates:
Richard Perle (yow!)
Charles Krauthammer (neocon propagandist)
Paul Marshall (religious maniac)
Dennis Prager (conservative talk-show host; neocon propagandist)

You get the idea.

Meanwhile, the Post has clarified its story:

Excerpt:

Experts say report of badges for Jews in Iran is untrue

Chris Wattie, National Post
Published: Friday, May 19, 2006
Several experts are casting doubt on reports that Iran had passed a law requiring the country’s Jews and other religious minorities to wear coloured badges identifying them as non-Muslims.

The Iranian embassy in Otttawa also denied the Iranian government had passed such a law.

The Simon Wiesenthal Centre and Iranian expatriates living in Canada had confirmed that the order had been passed, although it still had to be approved by Iran’s “Supreme Guide” Ali Khamenehi before being put into effect.

Hormoz Ghahremani, a spokesman for the Iranian Embassy in Ottawa, said in an e-mail to the Post yesterday that, “We wish to categorically reject the news item.

SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I really dislike the " respect the flag" thing.
Why? it don't mean anything. its just another way of saying we're better than you. Howa bout respect life and the right to live. Flags are politics and distractions. We can replace compassion with a flag.

Respect your Mother, respect your Father, respect yourself, respect the people you love, respect your neighbor, respect the planet which gave you life.

Flags are false idols, they mislead and misuse. Flags are just pretty stitched fabric that political and economic a55h0le5 use to manipulate people to do their bidding.

--------------------
contact@animationnation.com
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com
www.myspace.com/redskystudio

CavePainter
IE # 297
Member # 2568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CavePainter   Email CavePainter         Edit/Delete Post 
He wishes harm to come to 280 million men, women and children he never even met. You're right- that's offensive.

He learned an easy lesson the hard way- you're not supposed to play with fire, you idiot.

In his desire to harm others, he only harmed himself.

Sorry fellas, but that's funny.

Michael W Howe
IE # 251
Member # 1827

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael W Howe   Email Michael W Howe         Edit/Delete Post 
That looks like a nominee for the Darwin Awards right there.

--------------------
"He's got three Piston Cups!"
"He did WHAT in his cup!??"

starla30
Member # 1885

Icon 1 posted      Profile for starla30   Email starla30         Edit/Delete Post 
Er, Cavepainter... how can you possibly know that the man in that picture wishes harm on 280 million people? Nothing says that he is a terrorist and nothing says that he is protesting for the destruction of anyone. For all you know he is protesting the foreign policy of the US and desiring it to pay attention and change. I'm not saying he's NOT a terrorist but you can't just assume he is.
OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

Maybe he just hates flags.

"Oh.. that's just Mongo.. he does that to everyone's flag.."

I would have captioned that photo as "Flame Retarded"
(drum kit) Wokka! Wokka! Wokka!

--------------------

CavePainter
IE # 297
Member # 2568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CavePainter   Email CavePainter         Edit/Delete Post 
Where did I say he was a terrorist? I guess if he was only referring to George Bush, he would have chosen the ever-popular Bush effigy, but he chose instead the symbol of our country and its people. You see, thats the only problem with burning flags... Death to America? Death to Bush? Death to the California DMV? Whatdya mean? You gotta be more specific!

Man, you guys are funny. Watching you splitting hairs.... dicing around.... squirming in your seats when you see a joke you don't like... I'm learning that some of you have absolutely no sense of humor whatsoever unless you fully agree with the politics. John Stewart- funny. Colbert- funny. Moore- funny. Bush cartoons- funny. Penn and Teller- not funny (anymore). Making fun of people burning American flags- not funny.

Damn- lighten up. (Offbeat not included, of course... !)

blackmocco
IE # 202
Member # 2422

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackmocco           Edit/Delete Post 
I guess some people just don't think a pig-ignorant statement like yours is funny. Maybe instead of asking people to 'lighten up' you should just wait until you've something intelligent to say...

--------------------
"...and it was here, in this blighted place, he learned to live again..."

CavePainter
IE # 297
Member # 2568

Thanks for proving my point.
blackmocco
IE # 202
Member # 2422

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackmocco           Edit/Delete Post 
Whatever. Your screen name clearly also sums up your intellectual capacity.

--------------------
"...and it was here, in this blighted place, he learned to live again..."

The Mod
Administrator
Member # 854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Mod   Email The Mod         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread is done.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012