AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » SideTopics   » Freedom of Speech Illustrated.. (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: Freedom of Speech Illustrated..
akinney
IE # 167
Member # 3050

Icon 10 posted      Profile for akinney   Email akinney         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, if anyone wants to catch a ride, some pals of mine are having this get together thing in June. I've got extra hoods if you need one.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=2628&ncid=2628&e=4&u=/ap/20060426/ap_on_re_us/kl an_antietam

....Man, I kill me.

IP: Logged
SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Christians think gay people plus anyone that doesn't believe in their god will burn in hell...that sounds pretty violent and hateful to me...we should silence them immediately..or at least torture them a little. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
contact@animationnation.com
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com
www.myspace.com/redskystudio

SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
alrighty then! I'm goin to the next million man march!...then they will have to call it, the million man march plus one German/Nicaraguan.

--------------------
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com

Ganklin
IE # 14
Member # 1864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganklin   Author's Homepage   Email Ganklin         Edit/Delete Post 
i twisted your words? how about how about how mine have been consistantly perverted? people seem to like putting their own two cents in between every word i type.

and just so the playing field is level, i will completely discard you sugar cookie abstract as quickly as the "my favorite color" example was dismissed. however, i won't go so far as to sling any insults.

i think that article DID take Hitler pretty seriously. from here out i will strike any reference to that article as circumstantial and not related to the topic.

we are all granted the right to happiness and all that crap as long as it does not interfere with the rights of others. that lady interfered with the rights of everyone else who were in attendance at that event.

--------------------
http://fsummers.blogspot.com/
www.shamoozal.com

Ganklin
IE # 14
Member # 1864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganklin   Author's Homepage   Email Ganklin         Edit/Delete Post 
akinney i see your a man of your word. so much for your politely bowing out the conversation.

the other great thing about this is that you people seriously don't give two craps about what this lady says. all you see is another chance to shove your thumb in bush's eye. you guys are great in saying we should try and make friends with the rest of the world cuz we're going down the ****ter. well, here's one opportunity, there was a hitch in the meeting, and you took delight in it.

--------------------
www.shamoozal.com

akinney
IE # 167
Member # 3050

Icon 10 posted      Profile for akinney   Email akinney         Edit/Delete Post 
can somebody tell Ganklin I'm not speaking to him anymore and throw in a "good day, sir!" Kidding.

What I said (or at least meant), Ganklin, is that I am bowing out of the discussion - i.e. the argument. I withheld my right to be a smartass;) I was kidding with the Klan post - trying to lighten it up because I don't want to live my life screaming and arguing. about stuff. Relax. Let's bury the hatchet and call it good. You have your beliefs and I have mine.

Ganklin
IE # 14
Member # 1864

[cheers]

--------------------
www.shamoozal.com

-FP-
IE # 13
Member # 914

Icon 2 posted      Profile for -FP-   Author's Homepage   Email -FP-         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
people seem to like putting their own two cents in between
 - every  - word  - i  - type

Nuh-uh.
OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFBEAT   Author's Homepage   Email OFFBEAT         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of a KKK rally...
---------------
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=2628&ncid=2628&e=4&u=/ap/20060426/ap_on_re_us/kl an_antietam

SHARPSBURG, Md. - A Ku Klux Klan group plans to hold a rally June 10 on the grounds of the Antietam National Battlefield, site of the bloodiest one-day clash of the Civil War, an organizer and a park official said.
ADVERTISEMENT

Battlefield Superintendent John W. Howard said Tuesday the National Park Service approved the white supremacist group's application for a permit to use the park to exercise its free speech rights.

"It would be very difficult to find a reason why a First Amendment permit would be denied," Howard said.

Gordon Young, Imperial Wizard of the World Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, estimated in his application that about 100 people would attend the rally at the nearly 3,300-acre park.

Howard said the park service would establish separate areas for news media and counter-demonstrators. Park Service police would be aided by state and local law enforcement in providing security, he said.

Nine Klan members marched in an event the group held in nearby Sharpsburg in 2004. Young said at the time that he chose to rally in his hometown partly because of its proximity to Antietam, to honor fallen Confederate soldiers.

On Sept. 17, 1862, more than 23,000 men on both sides were killed, wounded or reported missing at the western Maryland battlefield.

The Confederacy's failure to achieve a clear victory at Antietam gave President Lincoln the political strength to issue the Emancipation Proclamation freeing slaves in the South.
---------------------------------

Best part about that article.. there's only 100 attending. I remember in High School in a report I did entitled: "Why the KKK is retarded" I remember 1,000's showing up for a rally.

Hopefully they won't be around in another decade.

If anyone is around the area.. please feel free to disrupt their event with a megaphone blast saying "It's called the 3rd grade people.. look it up!"

Also.. if anyone wants to profit off of this event.. set up a stand next to it, and sell cigarettes, beer, and lottery scratchers. That is the holy trinity of hillbilly delights. Items that won't sell.. soap.. books... bottled water.. fruit salad.
[thumbsup]

--------------------
"Get Rich, or Die Drawing!"

Ganklin
IE # 14
Member # 1864

i apologize for any indescretions on my part. i get heated, and i addmittedly have very mixed feelings about the state of affairs today.

let's try to draw the conversation in a more hypothetical situation.

offbeat (or anyone really), would you really condone the silencing/disruption of the KKK rally? i've made my feelings clear on how i think about them, and i think we're in agreement there. but the question begs: should we not allow these fools...er..people their chance to speak their thoughts without distraction? would that not be their right?

personaly i think its not. they clearly have intentions which are in opposition to what the constitution is all about, which in short is happiness for all reguardless of color. however, they are protected by law to demonstrate. following that line of thought, anyone causing a ruckus should be taken away.

one good point to notice is that Howard is arranging an area for counter-demonstrators which i feel is a smart move.

--------------------
www.shamoozal.com

Tobias A. Wolf
IE # 250
Member # 383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tobias A. Wolf   Email Tobias A. Wolf         Edit/Delete Post 
What that woman did was amazing. Forget about Bush and how the context even relates to him, he's completely tangential in what happened here IMO. China as a nation will probably do more to undo the marvel of this world than any other nation in the history of humanity when all is said and done. The level of their population is so extraordinary that for their nation to rise all the world must fall.

In short, as a nation they f*cked us all, and your children, and their children. Those children that you have now, or plan to have, require resources to survive. And 3 billion in just one nation of this world got dibs over those kids. No doubt the leadership legacy of that nation will be hated worldwide and the children of tomorrow will know just what was taken from them by their poor leadership.

It's not like you can commit genocide to rectify the problem. Heck India is just behind in terms of numbers, and I wouldn't doubt that Europeans and their descendants in the aggregate are far behind there, so it's not like China is the sole problem as it relates to this issue (the U.S. is third in nation population worldwide). And what that woman did was put an American public eye on China and it's policies. Which is something we should all be doing, because just by the sheer volume of it's population, we will, and do, move. Like it or not, China has f*cked its way to dominance and we all have to deal.

SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

We're like mirror image countries.
We attrack each other because aside from
the details of us vs. them..well, they are us and we are them....its almost a frankenstein thing goin' on...man, how many times are we gonna repeat that mistake?

Bush? hell, he's just another sucker perpetuating the same ol' same ol'.
We as a human race are doomed that way
as long as we buy the hype.

So I agree, its amazing for one woman to stand and speak her mind and call attention to the monster...one woman....one human...look how much debate is happening here. I can imagine the ripples of this action all over the world. Silence kills, when the dialogue stops so does life.

How many people here can say they believe in something so deeply that they would stand in a room of thousands and speak their mind to the people that needed to hear it even though
that wasn't the occasion? thats powerful. Disruptive? thats the friggen point! you don't cater to people when you want to spark change. Lets look at our heros in our history books. lets friggen look at the cartoons and stories we tell, we draw, that we animate.

How can story tellers not support such action?
Even if you do disagree with her. How can you support her censors? If I was in the audience I would;ve appreciated it...but ofcourse I wouldn't be invited. Leaders are public domain. They can't set the stage and the audience as they will. Theres no balance that way... so some people are left with little alternative to be heard. We should show compassion for such people who take it upon themselves to speak when others won't but should. Her plight is just as relative as anyone elses.

--------------------
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com

The Mod
Administrator
Member # 854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Mod   Email The Mod         Edit/Delete Post 
We're going to put this thread on hold for day or so to allow a little cooling down. I applaud most of you for keeping most of these somewhat political topics on an even keel and not allowing the subject matter to devolve into a name calling contest.

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012