AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » SideTopics   » rules question

Author Topic: rules question
Mel Allen Sink
IE # 236
Member # 3123

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Mel Allen Sink   Author's Homepage   Email Mel Allen Sink         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to be a good citizen here, but I do not understand the no line by line response rule. Please explain the letter and intent of this rule and what alternative quotation methods are preferred to stay within this rule.

--------------------
http://melallensink.blogspot.com

IP: Logged
SquarejawHero
IE # 188
Member # 2601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SquarejawHero   Author's Homepage   Email SquarejawHero         Edit/Delete Post 
As a once-mod I found people quoting others only developed antagonistic arguments. It's possibly something to do with that.

--------------------
Bowendesign.com

the Moderator
Administrator
Member # 5

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Moderator   Email the Moderator         Edit/Delete Post 
SJH has it right. Breaking down someone else's post so that practically every sentence you shoot down or debate with them can produce an unnecessary condescending tone. You're welcome to debate with people and even quote them so long as you're not engaging in the activity described above.

--------------------
-the Moderator
-Brian Reynolds

-

HopelessDreamer
Member # 2673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopelessDreamer   Email HopelessDreamer         Edit/Delete Post 
As for finding out the context of the name mentioned in the offending thread, you're better off asking around in the real world.

The expressions you'll see on people's faces makes it all the more entertaining.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012