AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » SideTopics   » Hurricane Katrina... (Page 6)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Hurricane Katrina...
Fooksie
IE # 239
Member # 331

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Fooksie   Author's Homepage   Email Fooksie         Edit/Delete Post 
Bush, Bush, Bush......sigh
It doesn't matter what party you are in, there are dopes in all of them.
Check this guy out :
http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/HurricaneKatrina/story?id=1123495&page=1

--------------------
" Every move a picture! "
Buddy Love

IP: Logged
Fooksie
IE # 239
Member # 331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fooksie   Author's Homepage   Email Fooksie         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and this just in...
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/40525

--------------------
" Every move a picture! "
Buddy Love

Ganklin
IE # 14
Member # 1864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganklin   Author's Homepage   Email Ganklin         Edit/Delete Post 
you know what, dan? i think you've gotten to the bottom of this. clearly, bush not only knew about the impending hurricane, but he MADE it happen so he could shuffle the blame off onto other governmental entities and enjoy a butt load of kickbacks from his engineering buddies.

if you want to hear about corruption, take a good look at what the amazing governor of NJ, MrGreevy, was up to last year. here's the tip of the ice burg:
http://www.jerseygop.com/novak-3.htm

oh and sorry you apparently keep such terrible friends.

--------------------
http://fsummers.blogspot.com/
www.shamoozal.com

Ganklin
IE # 14
Member # 1864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganklin   Author's Homepage   Email Ganklin         Edit/Delete Post 
btw, i dont hang out on that website...i cant stand rush limbaugh, nor have i ever seen the "republican babe of the week" pretty lame site but the info in that article is correct.

--------------------
www.shamoozal.com

Steve G
IE # 12
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve G   Author's Homepage   Email Steve G         Edit/Delete Post 
type "failure" into Google.....there is a higher power after all.... [Yes] [bow]

--------------------
http://stevenegordon.blogspot.com
http://stevenegordon.com

Ganklin
IE # 14
Member # 1864

hmm...talk about abuse of power there...

--------------------
www.shamoozal.com

JDC
IE # 116
Member # 1993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JDC   Author's Homepage   Email JDC         Edit/Delete Post 
hahaha.. steve g, you rock man..

This hurricane has been such a disaster on so many levels. Whether you are conservative.. liberal, democrat..republican.. nazi, commie, green party.. whatever.. the main thing is a lot of people in charge failed at their job. I wouldn't be surprised if the President showed up in New Orleans with the blue angels flight squadron flying overhead with The Scorpions.. "Rock you like Hurricane" blasting thru speakers.

I asked a black guy/african american.. whatever the Pc term of the week is..basically a friend I work with, about how he felt about the race card being played,.. he said .. "What do you expect when you put black people on the back of a bus in the deep south?". we got a chuckle out of that..

Another guy asked about the Saints football team.. I rolled my eyes.. like, who cares? so what if they move to Los Angeles, the coliseum is just like the superdome.. surrounded by death and destruction and smells like crap.. but hey, atleast the coliseum is minus the water..

Anyways.. hope y'all donate to the relief effort.. [help]

--------------------
Http://bluemonstereyes.blogspot.com

LeftyMcKay
IE # 168
Member # 2558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeftyMcKay   Author's Homepage   Email LeftyMcKay         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
type "failure" into Google.....there is a higher power after all....
Funny that the number 2 listing is MichaelMoore.com. I often associate Michael Moore with number 2. [Big Grin]

--------------------
 -

OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFBEAT   Author's Homepage   Email OFFBEAT         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Funny that the number 2 listing is MichaelMoore.com.
That's because "Failure" is a word that is used numerous times on michaelmoore.com mostly when talking about President Bush.
[funny]

Lefty.. the wind is blowing that way. ->

Thomas
IE # 19
Member # 101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thomas   Email Thomas         Edit/Delete Post 
The police need their shopping cart full of shoes too I suppose

--------------------
-Tom

Vincent
Member # 2369

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vincent   Email Vincent         Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly this footage wouldn't bother me at all, (The police taking changes of shoes) but she didn't say I'm getting changes of shoes.Which would be understandable in flood conditions. She claimed to be looking for looters. It's a shame. But I am more concerned with the big picture. The larger shame. Where was the Federal help? Why did the President and his mouth pieces spend two weeks trying to shift the blame on to the local authorities? Why did the President only admit responsibility after it became clear that this time the American public wasn't buying into their Big Lie.
OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFBEAT   Author's Homepage   Email OFFBEAT         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually.. in Bush's defense I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY surprised that he said "The buck stops here" Him owning up to something really took me for a loop.
Even though it's a 1/2 *ssed 'buck stops here.. I won't take that away from him. yet.

--------------------
"Get Rich, or Die Drawing!"

Vincent
Member # 2369

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vincent   Email Vincent         Edit/Delete Post 
After two weeks of trying very, very, hard to pass the Buck, it's hard for me to think it's anything beyond political expediency.
Bruce
IE # 1
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce   Author's Homepage   Email Bruce         Edit/Delete Post 
Quoting from a letter from Katrina relief worker David Langness (the complete text is here):

“You tend, when you see disasters of this scale, to reflect on the existence and intentions of a Creator. For me, the subject of these disasters and any Divine intentions is a fascinating one. I tend to believe that these are the times She may be re-thinking the whole free-will deal.

“And that’s because these disasters seem mostly self-inflicted, in some larger sense. I noticed that the New York Times and many other media outlets reported several human causes with Katrina’s effects: the building on and subsequent erosion of the Mississippi Delta’s natural hurricane buffer the barrier islands; the increasing temperatures of the Gulf waters and the hotter water’s very significant contribution to more and more powerful hurricanes; the repeated Federal failure to provide budget funds for levee reinforcement that everyone knew we would eventually need; the gradual sinking of New Orleans as the energy industry pumps out more water and oil and natural gas from underneath the city; the federal government’s finally giving in to developers of the outlying areas in the Delta by underwriting insurance policies for new building, which private companies had previously declined to provide; and of course the general, overall greed and stupidity of continuing to build a major coastal city below sea level without requiring elevated foundations and a flood-ready infrastructure.

“This leads me to wonder whether all disasters are man-made.

“Yes, I know that’s a stretch. But we have come to the point where we know where and where not to site and situate human habitation; and how to build it so that it withstands wind, water, fire and earthquake. We know which acts of commerce and agriculture create risk from weather, and increasingly understand how we make our own weather. We know that we can protect people by doing certain basic things to keep them safe. In other words, we know how to adequately warn and prepare for most 'natural' disasters. Natural disasters used to be called Acts of God, didn’t they?

“Now I think we can begin calling them something else entirely.”

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012