AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » SideTopics   » Hurricane Katrina... (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Hurricane Katrina...
Greg B
IE # 118
Member # 886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg B   Author's Homepage   Email Greg B         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, this time things went from concerned to terror.

If this storm hits at a Category 5 which it is right now it's gonna warrant a broadway play based on it.

If anyone is in N'Orleans get the hell out. Several webmasters who live in the area who own hotels and have extras to help are offering help.

It ain't a pretty picture.

--------------------
http://www.boonestoons.com
http://www.spacefool.com

IP: Logged
monkeydad
Member # 1566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkeydad   Email monkeydad         Edit/Delete Post 
One thing's for sure; if Nawlins washes away in the wake of this, we can count on Pat Robertson attributing it to God's wrath against feminists, lesbians, Disney, or Hugo Chavez...
SerafinsGirl
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SerafinsGirl   Email SerafinsGirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Someone apparently has already been saying that. Yep..it's God wrath against gays.

So how do they explain tornados that touch down and only wipe out the town church?

SquarejawHero
IE # 188
Member # 2601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SquarejawHero   Author's Homepage   Email SquarejawHero         Edit/Delete Post 
Have people really been saying that, or are they joking around? That's sickening.

--------------------
Bowendesign.com

siskavard
Member # 3175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for siskavard   Author's Homepage   Email siskavard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, people have been saying that. Welcome to the Bible Belt.

But yes this one is supposedly going to wipe 'Nawlins off the map. I have friends in upper Mississippi who have had to seek shelter.

SquarejawHero
IE # 188
Member # 2601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SquarejawHero   Author's Homepage   Email SquarejawHero         Edit/Delete Post 
Yipes. [Eek!] How very "Christian" of them.

--------------------
Bowendesign.com

siskavard
Member # 3175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for siskavard   Author's Homepage   Email siskavard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well in all fairness it's not that every single person who's religious in the bible belt thinks that way, it is just a handfull of crazies. Albeit a larger-than-it-should-be handfull. I think a lot of people think that way but just don't voice it.

I've seen a number of local church signs that play into this "God is punishing us" crap.

You get used to it [Roll Eyes]

siskavard
Member # 3175

I just hope everyone got out of town in time, & even then that people are out of harm's way.
Floyd Bishop
IE # 183
Member # 2322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Floyd Bishop   Author's Homepage   Email Floyd Bishop         Edit/Delete Post 
I tink if I was down there, I'd take a life jacket with me to the shelter. They're talking about 20 feet of water in the down town.

--------------------
Floyd Bishop
 -

SquarejawHero
IE # 188
Member # 2601

Well, they're in my thoughts today. I'm worried about the older and sick people who may have been unable to move. But boy, I know there a re a lot of tourists there right now who must be questioning why they chose NO as a holiday destintation right now too. [Frown]

--------------------
Bowendesign.com

monkeydad
Member # 1566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkeydad   Email monkeydad         Edit/Delete Post 
"Well in all fairness it's not that every single person who's religious in the bible belt thinks that way, it is just a handfull of crazies. Albeit a larger-than-it-should-be handfull."

Louder-than-they-should-be too...

javier
Member # 347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for javier   Email javier         Edit/Delete Post 
i wish them all the luck and blessings in the world. it wasn't easy last year in florida and i know what they're in for...
ovi nedelcu
IE # 95
Member # 581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ovi nedelcu   Email ovi nedelcu         Edit/Delete Post 
I usually just keep to myself but I feel like I should say something. First of all not everyone that says they are so called “Christians” are in fact Christians.
Second, God just doesn’t come down from heaven with a tornado/hurricane in his back pocket and places it where he sees fit. God set the natural earth in motion when he created it, and let nature take its course. Anyone who thinks God made this hurricane to punish people is a complete moron. And that’s coming from a Christian.

This topic is about the people that need help down south, not people running with rumors that are absolutely worthless gossip. If so called “Christians” cant grow up, we should.

Believe me, it hurts me more to be seeing these people claim they believe in the same God I do.
Ugh.

>oVi

--------------------
 -

ALSO VISIT: PIGTALE @
http://pigtalecomic.com/

Greg B
IE # 118
Member # 886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg B   Author's Homepage   Email Greg B         Edit/Delete Post 
Well instead of hijacking this thread into a religious rant how about focusing on what the situation is there and how others can prepare as this storm moves northeast and how we can help the victims.

--------------------

CavePainter
IE # 297
Member # 2568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CavePainter   Email CavePainter         Edit/Delete Post 
No, forget about the people in the path of the hurricane... lets instead bash everyone we don't agree with because THEY are not open minded like WE are.... (!)

Threads like this are amazing. Unfortunately, this is a perfect example of why some artists I know don't frequent this website much anymore. Garbage like this doesn't do well for Animation Nation or the fellowship of artists in this industry and in our community.

So go grind your ax and bash people in harm's way on some OTHER website, please. Not here.

(I apologize for continuing this thread off topic.)

Fooksie
IE # 239
Member # 331

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Fooksie   Author's Homepage   Email Fooksie         Edit/Delete Post 
Since you asked, I was late coming home from work
last night because of a huge tree that was blocking my usual route.
With the rain and wind and detour, it took me an hour to get home, not my usual 15-20 minutes.
Now we have tornado warnings til 2 pm.

--------------------
" Every move a picture! "
Buddy Love

monkeydad
Member # 1566

As the one who's attempt at a current event joke evidently sent this thread off-course, I apologize. I wasn't trying to hijack the topic; merely trying to tie two current stories together with a dash of humor. Clearly, it didn't have the intended effect.

My bad.

-FP-
IE # 13
Member # 914

Icon 2 posted      Profile for -FP-   Author's Homepage   Email -FP-         Edit/Delete Post 
News now says damage is awful but much less than expected. Death toll of 60 or so. Sucks. Opportunities will be taken to increase oil and insurance costs in the affected region and elsewhere.

I did enjoy seeing the news-idiots on MSNBC yesterday venturing out into the insane weather and saying "Looka me I'm gettin rained on mom". Too bad THE DAILY SHOW is in reruns this week. It would have shown clips of the news guys in the rain and Jon Stewart would have said funny things about them.

pud
IE # 30
Member # 245

Icon 3 posted      Profile for pud   Author's Homepage   Email pud         Edit/Delete Post 
The joys of the internet Monkeydad [Wink]

--------------------
" Your Scenes are there forever." - Ollie Johnston
http://markpudleiner.blogspot.com/

Greg B
IE # 118
Member # 886

No FP, the news is wrong.

This disaster is far more devestating and growing by the hour.

It will redefine how humanity does business again.

It's the second wake up call I've had since Hurricane Andrew but this time, something else speaks louder.

This time, the poor got clobbered. Hundreds if not thousands may die due to violence, disease, rising water, toxins etc.

They took the brunt because they didn't have enough money to flee. Same with many sick and elderly. Diabetics and even one baby on the ABC News broadcast that is premature and is living off battery power oxygen. If she doesn't get help fast she'll die.

Mississippi is worse off. They didn't have time to flee. Wall of water 25 ft high roared in a mile. Hundreds dead and they can't even go in and search yet.

Food, water, medicine running out, 90+ degree temps. Levees broke, sewage plant compromised. Cop got shot today. Looters going on. in 48 hours it's gonna look like 'Dawn of the Dead'.

Insurance companies gone berserk. Oil prices rising.

This is FUBAR with an extra FU.

Bottom line is people who got screwed in this situation were the misinformed, the poor, the disenfranchised.

In the path of nature's fury, only money really mattered.

No superheroes, no amazing mythological creatures, nothing saved the day.

Get the picture?

--------------------

gergley
IE # 200
Member # 74

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gergley   Email gergley         Edit/Delete Post 
What is unfolding down in that part of the Gulf is just not good. And, while the poorest always get the short end of the stick, it is pretty safe to say that everyone down that way is affected in ugly ways. Even the people who got out in time are going to have problems with what they left behind. Let's hope that the complications are eased as best as possible for all those folks.

AN member Anim8edcox lives in New Orleans. I'd be curious as to how he's doing and hope all is well with him, his family and everyone.

The Red Cross is looking for monetary donations, by the way. Though, I'm sure a lot of help is on the way in other forms, too.

-FP-
IE # 13
Member # 914

Icon 2 posted      Profile for -FP-   Author's Homepage   Email -FP-         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No FP, the news is wrong
That was the quicky TV news from 12 hours before your post, Greg B. Since then, I've heard the developing horror stories and revised dire estimates and read as many web news flashes as time has permitted. Flaming lakes that are still rising? That's a weird image. There's some controversy about the National Guardsmen who would normally help out in this type of emergency. It seems most of them are busy elsewhere.

Constantly-updated blogs and pics of the destruction:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/katrina/
http://patricia-taylor.dailykos.com/story/2005/8/30/192236/013

-

Greg B
IE # 118
Member # 886

http://www.wdsu.com/video/4907831/detail.html

That's live N'Orleans television coverage over the web. Outstanding, in depth at the scene coverage like no other.

As for Anim8edcox I was worried someone from AN would be in the way of this storm. So, so many people are tied to N'Orleans.

This is a wakeup call. Stick together and live or revert to animals and die.

The only thing that mattered this time out was whether you were rich or not.

--------------------

ovi nedelcu
IE # 95
Member # 581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ovi nedelcu   Email ovi nedelcu         Edit/Delete Post 
the situation is horrible. as time passes water continues to rise.i keep hearing stories about looting, please, at this point just let the people eat and have what they need. this is a matter of life and death. all the food is just going to go to waste anyway, you think the store owner will be up and running next week or something? that food will spoil, might as well let people eat and live.

im not in favor of people taking others goods, but seriously, at this point, that food is worthless. let the people have it, and let the GOV reimburse the store owners later.

>oVi

--------------------
 -

ALSO VISIT: PIGTALE @
http://pigtalecomic.com/

Razor
Member # 1158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razor   Email Razor         Edit/Delete Post 
Believe whatever you need to believe in (God),.... If it helps you.

As for the unfortunate people that have been so terribly effected by the storm, my heart goes out to them. I am sure that it will be a very long time before many of those people will be able to laugh again.

I certainly hope that something occurs to help balance these recent events.

Fooksie
IE # 239
Member # 331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fooksie   Author's Homepage   Email Fooksie         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you serious? Take what they need? These animals are stealing garbage bags filled with chips, soda and smokes. There is an element of society that is only kept in check by the law. One hiccup in the daily routine, and all hell breaks loose.
The only way to handle this is too shoot the looters.

--------------------
Buddy Love

Greg B
IE # 118
Member # 886

Okay let's not get sidetracked again.

Bottom line is if any of us on AN need help or can provide help.

So far the only communication system that's up and running and reliable is the internet. yet that's what it was designed to do. Keep running regardless of the disaster.

I've been up and running since before this storm hit with teams of other webmasters handling servers, donations, rescue stuff. I've done this type of work for 25 years before the internet was popular.

The best thing we can do now is just keep eyes peeled and any bits of helpful info just pass along. It's really working wonders and the N'Orleans National Guard and tv station WDSU just mentioned it on tv how helpful the net is in this situation.

There are some comic pro colleagues of mine from N'Orleans I need to go check on. Hoping they got out.

Plus many webmasters too. Working fast to keep generators going for servers.

--------------------

Greg B
IE # 118
Member # 886

www.neworleans.craigslist.org is where to post and get info as well.

--------------------

Fooksie
IE # 239
Member # 331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fooksie   Author's Homepage   Email Fooksie         Edit/Delete Post 
Things that make you go WTF?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/firewall/38725768/

--------------------
Buddy Love

Anim8edcox
IE # 2
Member # 1165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anim8edcox   Author's Homepage   Email Anim8edcox         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello one and all. Thanks to everyone for understanding just how devestating this storm has been. Not just to LA but other states as well.

The saddest news for me was the fact that everything seemed rough but manageable the night the storm hit. Then the next morning, realisation set in as the levees broke and water did indeed begin to pour into New Orleans. This is truly a terible scenario as the city is below sea level. Suddenly teeth and fists were clenched in the understanding that the city was indeed going to be underwater very soon. Several concepts were put into place to try and secure the levee system, but instead of saving the city, someone overrode the major orders for the hellicopter to drop major sandbags and other items to seal the levee and instead went to save people on the roof of a Baptist church. So basically, someone decided to save a few people on their own decision rather than follow orders and save the entire city from total destruction. The people were in danger, yes, but could have been saved by boats and other means afterwards. A complete and total death sentance for New Orleans, the New Atlantis, which will never be the same again.

There is already talk that FEMA and other groups are going to point out that New Orleans, being below sea level, needs to be raised to the ground and built up before rebuilding. The historic aspects of the city will be lost forever and one keeps in mind that Louisiana is the last tiny section left over from the dissection of the Louisiana Purchase which doubled the size of the United States, well, that alone points to an area that is going to be rich in history. Add to that the fact that the oil industry has been damaged almost beyond repair and everyone across the country is going to feel the brunt of the lose when they go to fill their gas tanks. Also, the water, poluted and toxic is going to infiltrate areas up and down the Mississippi for a long time to come. This will affect humans, livestock and farming.

As for myself, I relocated to Orlando 3 months ago where I am now a Disney Cast Member in WDW. Working and enjoying myself tremendously in the Entertainment division. I am fine and healthier than I have been in many a year and actually happy. I am devestated about what is going on in my home town and concerned for it's future, but I managed to move for the right reasons and the right time.

I lost a ton of irreplaceable things I left behind in storage. Rare drawings, my own artowrk and designs as well as all of my theatrical history in paper, photograpic, video form and more. When we left we had to leave our young female cat with a downstairs neighbor, planning on getting her in another week when we planned to come down and get more things in our car to return to Orlando. We got a phone call from the girl keeping Evangeline last week taht she gave birth to a litter of kittens and just last night got a phone call from her that she left Evangeline and the kittens in her apartment which was totaly submerged. It is evident that she and her sightless kittens are dead. She also left behind...outside at that...her own 2 cats in her desire to flee the city. They are most assuredly gone as well. This is a common scenario and I am certain the ammount of dead animals around the area as we as inside closed houses will be a heartwrenching sight for those cleaning out the city amongst the dead bodies of humans. Truly a sad sight and something that they will indeed have to deal with soon.

But I'm feeling a bit guilty yet thankful that I am set up and working at a time when many displaced refugees are realising that they need to work and make money soon in order to continue to survive. I didn't know that this storm was going to be in our future 3 months ago to be sure, but still, it is a feeling of helplessness watching the reports on WWL live online streaming and WDSU. Thank God for Broadband! It has kept me awake almost since this diaster was underway so far away in my home town.

We have been told that in a month the city will be open for people to return. This is not going to happen in my eyes. I feel that it won't be till Christmas time when people will be able to return to all areas affected in the New Orleans area. Imagine loosing everything and having to relocate with nothing. Many people are contacting me telling me that they are in one city or another and have decided to look for jobs and just set up their lives there for good since NOLA is no longer going to be as open jobwise as it was prior to the storm. Businesses are already setting up new offices in different cities and states and that is going to hurt NOLA in the long run. But, one has to survive and if it means a total relocation with nothing to your name other than whatever you managed to bring with you when you left as well as the family members you can still hold dear to your heart. In the long run, things are replaceable, lives are not and there will be many, many lives lost once the city begins to clear itself out. There's a reason the city is not releasing death totals just yet. They are concerned for the living still at this time. There are indeed bodies floating everywhere, Human as well as animal.

The looting situation is out of hand. Procuring food and clothing and medicines is one thing...but some of these people rode the storm out for the very reason to steal and loot anywhere they can. I heard from a friend who had to ride out the storm and now has had to leave that the night the storm hit and passed, there were gunshots everywhere and the sounds of axes breaking through doors and windews and people were stealing electronics and jewelry and more. He even watched helplessly from a 3rd story window as a young man took an axe and plunged it into the head of a man across the street trying to protect his home and belongings. This is not how sane people act and I am afraid that it can get worse as time runs out and the lack of food, water and electricity turns the human rats into that which they are already acting like. Gangs have just been reported as forming amongst the groups of people who intended on staying in town to do such things to begin with and rifles and guns are now being used all over the city as they take conrtrol of everything in sight. This is making an awful situation even worse and these "animals" refuse to believe that what they are doing is wrong. They feel justified and even owed by anyone affected by this situation. When in doubt. Kill anyone that comes near you is their mindset and that includes officers and other groups trying to save lives. It is disgusting and is certainly not something that is representative of their peope in a positive light. But that is not what they care about to begin with. Only what they can take from others and not have to work for it. This is how they live...and this is how they continue to exist. Sadly, they will also continue to exist this way and in their own selfish ways assist in the struggles to rebuild the city to flounder. Pathetic, disgusting animals. Just disgusting...

The thought of buildings like the Cabildo, The Presbytre, the Historic New Orleans Collection (all historic buildings and places that housed more rare items and historic documents and more) the Carnival Krewe's Dens where they house their costumes and floats for Mardi Gras and other locations that it seems impossible for the city to ever regain the pride and nobility that it once had. The loss will be felt for many, many years to come and will make this upcoming Mardi Gras in a few months a much needed release of angst and pain. But then again..will Mardi Gras even happen this coming year? Good question. I pray that it does. We all need it. But it may be too soon. Too impossible to repair or even catch up on the design and creation of the greatest free show on earth that brings in millions of tourists, returning natives and much needed money that the city will need now more than ever.

I could go on but I really have done so long enough and don't want to philibuster this thread with an uprooted native New Orleanian's thoughts and fears for the present as well as the future of New Orleans. But do know that I am almost set up after 3 months of uprooting and will hopefully get to visit and enjoy AN, the AN membership and the sheer love of Animation once again. Till then, keep well, hug your family and pets and enjoy all that you have. One never knows what tomorrow will bring and now is all.

--------------------
Anim8edcox
 -

Brian Reynolds
IE # 50
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Reynolds           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there Edward. Haven't been hearing much from you lately but I'm pleased and relieved that you're doing well and that you were well out of the way of the hurricane. Many thanks for your in depth message and definitely sincere best wishes to your friends and acquaintances who were caught up in the mess.

--------------------
-Brian Reynolds

Greg B
IE # 118
Member # 886

Thanks for the update Anim8dcox.

Glad you and yours are safe in Orlando!

If you hear any news please relay to us. I'm hopping from one board to the other getting info and sending info. Red Cross is getting money so that's the first step.

If you are able to communicate to people in N'Orleans please keep those lines open. We're relaying like crazy. Thanks to WDSU for keeping an open tv link.

--------------------

SquarejawHero
IE # 188
Member # 2601

Thanks for chiming in. Your words, coupled with a lot of the things I'm seeing on TV right now, really hit home the situation there right now. Glad you're safe, but it sounds like a real nightmare over there. Lets hope the resolution to this disaster comes as quickly as possible.

--------------------
Bowendesign.com

Anim8edcox
IE # 2
Member # 1165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anim8edcox   Author's Homepage   Email Anim8edcox         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys! Long time no type on my end!
[Gary]

Things are turning very nasty down in NOLA right now with people being shot due to Marshall Law breakage and more! The prisoners at central lockup have taken prisoners, including children and are taking control of the prison. So much is going on that it almost is playing out like a screen play!

Here's a link to WWL (The TV station I do my annual Mardi Gras guest spots on.) They also have been having live broadcast/online streaming as well as WDSU. http://www.wwltv.com Hope this gives another alternative to local reporting of what's going on down there. As I said...it's rough trying to get through all of this for those trying to make sense of it all and get the city back on it's feet ASAP. It appears that the waters have ceased flowing into the city and began to receed. But then another wave came along and began the whole flooding process again. It's truly a shame as the more I see of my beloved French Quarter under rising waters, the more I feel as though the very heart of the city is being drowned.

On a positive side, I am indeed safe and sound in Orlando working for the Mouse in the theme parks and actually...having a fantastic time! Who knew?!?!? I am doing certain characters as well as being trained for the role of the King in the castle stage show- Cinderellabration. Guess all those years of professional theatre paid off. LOL! Things just sorta...stagnated in NOLA for all the different types of work I am capable of doing and it was time for a move and change. A reimagining of myself as it were...sorta like...Madonna. I'm healthier and happier than I have been in years and the weight has droped off of me so much that I'm a different person mentally and physically. I didn't even think that a storm of this magnitude would strike NOLA in the time I was gone. Only 3 months since
I arrived here but what a life changing situation to see my hometown face in my absence. And one that is going to affect far more people than the residents and natives of the city I'm afraid.

I wish that while I'm here in
WDW that the animation department magically get's revved up again. I would love to get involved in it now that I am down here and onsite. While I'm wishing...I'd like a pony. [Wink]

--------------------
Anim8edcox
 -

Greg B
IE # 118
Member # 886

Good for you Anim8edcox.

I may visit you as I'm looking to snag up a crib in Tampa area.

I have friends who worked or still work doing characters at the theme parks. It's tough work but rewarding.

--------------------

Anim8edcox
IE # 2
Member # 1165

Do it bay-bee! Gimme a holler well enough in advance and we'll be sure to hook up and see the sights! Lord knows, I'm learning that there's so much to do down here that you can practically lie the rest of your life down here and not see it all!

Ask where I'm going tomorrow. Go ahead...ask...

The Holyland Experience!

Yup! A theme park devoted to Jerusalem and all that that implies.

We're working with a newly formed Equity theatre group that is putting on JC Superstar and we're getting a guided tour of the place because we're getting them to advertise in the program! Talk about wheeler-dealers hunh? LOL! Should be a hoot!

Anyways, it would be great to have folks come down and visit to meet up with and who knows? We might now some of the same folks! [cheers]

--------------------
Anim8edcox
 -

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy that you're safe, Ed and good to see you back on AN.

This is truly an event of apocalyptic magnitude as Greg B was describing at the beginning of the topic while the the hurricane was preparing to hit. If someone would have told me 7 days ago that by this time next week the City of New Orleans would be about wiped off the map by a coming storm of devasting ferocity, I'd admit I'd have thought it an exageration.

I recall the projections and predictions from climatologists back in the 80s that in the coming decades weather patterns were going to change due to the rising of the seas and the melting of the polar ice caps. I remember them talking about super storms and the indundation of low lying coastal areas. In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, the projections they made back then seem to be made manifest. The magnitude of what happened to New Orleans and other areas affected by Katrina is astonishing.

Keep creating every day folks. Be thankful for the good things we all have in our lives. Make the most of now. In the cosmic scheme of things, that's all we've really got. Never know what tomorrow has in store.

--------------------
 -

OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFBEAT   Author's Homepage   Email OFFBEAT         Edit/Delete Post 
Before and after, satellite: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/new-orleans-imagery.htm
Corn Fed
Member # 1085

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corn Fed   Email Corn Fed         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Are you serious? Take what they need? These animals are stealing garbage bags filled with chips, soda and smokes. There is an element of society that is only kept in check by the law. One hiccup in the daily routine, and all hell breaks loose.
The only way to handle this is too shoot the looters.

That's it.

I have absolutely had it with conservative compassion. I have absolutely had it. Laid bare for all to see.

Against fellow Americans in crisis. Un. Be. Lievable.

I absolutely, and proudly, distinguish between their taking (yep, LOOTING) food and water to survive, as opposed to jewlery and flat screen TVs. If there's anyone here who can't distinguish the difference, you have revoked your right to human citizenship.

While Bush has a "zero tolerance" for looting food and water, his relief efforts, embarassingly late, are having a lot of trouble getting in. Those at the Superdome and in surrounding areas are lying in sewage, in feces, dead elderly bodies just lying there, while families can't get any food or fresh water.

But I guess they should just starve and die, because there are some who value property over human lives.

Apparently.

Fooksie
IE # 239
Member # 331

What don't you understand? I myself would be taking water and food,because there isn't any to be had, but BOXES OF SNEAKERS ? ATM s? SHOOTING AT HELICOPTERS COMING TO RESCUE PEOPLE? How's about admitting that there are animals out there that will kill you for what you have,just to so it, regardless if you are a liberal or conservative.
My prayers are with the good people who are trying to survive in the chaos, not with the petty thieves who hold life in such cheap regard.

--------------------
Buddy Love

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012