AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to General Discussion.    
next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » SideTopics   » maya 5.0 avi...???

Author Topic: maya 5.0 avi...???
wongfei
IE # 155
Member # 1041

Icon 5 posted      Profile for wongfei   Email wongfei         Edit/Delete Post 
hey whats up people.......i have a question about "Maya 5.0"...i dont work in maya , but my 15 yr. old son does....and he does great stuff with it ... but we dont know how to save his work to
"avi" files.....so i can burn them to dvd..........he works in 3ds Max too....but that we "can" export to "avi".............so can anyone tell us how to do it with "Maya 5.0" ???

Thanks in advance.....
Wongfei

"the voice from the east.........east coast that is" [Gary]

IP: Logged
Floyd Bishop
IE # 183
Member # 2322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Floyd Bishop   Author's Homepage   Email Floyd Bishop         Edit/Delete Post 
You can write out to an AVI file during render. This is not advisable though, as if something happens to the render, and it fails, you lose everything. You would be better off rendering out image files, and then assembling them as movie (AVI) files once the render is complete.

--------------------
Floyd Bishop
 -

Thomas
IE # 19
Member # 101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thomas   Email Thomas         Edit/Delete Post 
You can't render AVI's per se. What you can do however is right click on the timebar and select 'playblast'. That will tell Maya to render-out the selected view screen and you will then have a low res copy of your animation. Other than that, you would have to render out a sequencial targa, jpeg, or other format in the renderer. the put them together using After Effects, Premier, or any one of a number of video editing programs out there that can import sequencess of images.

--------------------
-Tom

The Mod
Administrator
Member # 854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Mod   Email The Mod         Edit/Delete Post 
I felt this topic belonged to the General Discussion as it deals with an animation question.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012