AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » SideTopics   » Presidential Debates. Part 3 (Page 3)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Author Topic: Presidential Debates. Part 3
Coffee Cat
Member # 897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coffee Cat   Email Coffee Cat         Edit/Delete Post 
Why is drug supply outsourcing acceptable, and no other outsourcing?

Sorry, I'd rather outsource factory jobs than drugs.

IP: Logged
Vincent
Member # 2369

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vincent   Email Vincent         Edit/Delete Post 
The drugs in question are made America and sold at a profit to other countries at lower prices than are offered to the American people.This allows the other countries to sell the drugs at a profit, back to the American people for a price that is still cheaper than the drug companies would have charged here in the states.

There is no outsourcing in this scenerio.

Twedzel
IE # 102
Member # 122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Twedzel   Email Twedzel         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats a misrepresentation... most drug companies are international corperations and arn't exclusively 'made in america', drug research is a worldwide endeavor. Every other first world industrialised nation has caps and regulations for how much drugs can be sold for within their country. They force them to be sold at comparable values for what other drugs that treat the same illness is priced at. US has no price limits placed and is completely freemarket driven, thus comparable drugs are far more expensive in the US than elsewhere.
Lucien Hoare
IE # 55
Member # 898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucien Hoare   Author's Homepage   Email Lucien Hoare         Edit/Delete Post 
That's class Steve G!!!

"I was expecting a much smaller man!"

[Smile]

--------------------
http://www.punzai.com/

Vincent
Member # 2369

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vincent   Email Vincent         Edit/Delete Post 
So Twedzel, are you saying American drug companies sell to Canada and other countries at a loss?
Coffee Cat
Member # 897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coffee Cat   Email Coffee Cat         Edit/Delete Post 
"Every other first world industrialised nation has caps and regulations for how much drugs can be sold for within their country."

Yes, and many are buying from our drug companies rather than their own, right: US selling to Canada, for instance. Hmmmmmm.... interesting. Sounds like a system to institute in the US! Cap the prices! Hurt the profits of the drug makers! Reduce Incentive of investment and research & development! Maybe they'll go elsewhere, or new drug and medical advancements will just cease altogether. That'd be utopia!

Note: No one in the US is saying they prefer foreign drugs... just foreign prices. As if profit had nothing to do with the production, right?

"They force them to be sold at comparable values for what other drugs that treat the same illness is priced at. "

Hmmmm... other drugs huh? Sounds like there are options then. So what's the complaint? Why don't you just use those other drugs and let the pricey ones go pricey and unused?

Of course, our responses don't cover the spectrum of concerns in the medical community. Its a much more detailed problem and issue than buying Canada.

(Canada doesn't like this idea, because US drug companies don't have to send them endless supplies, and might limit supplies if all we're going to to is loophole it into US prices through the backdoor. This might seem unfair - but so too is artifically creating a price cap through the Kerry/Canada-loophole. Too Canadian medical officials DO say that drug shipment coming through Canada are not necissarily safe tested, as Bush outlined in the debates. They're only safe tested if said shipments are to be used in Canada... if you're just thru-shipping, then its entirely possibe they'd be untested and/or potentially unsafe).

Michael Moore's new movie is supposedly about the US healthcare system, titled Sicko. I'm sure it'll be a fair, even handed, accurate portrayal of the problems and solutions to such a straight forward and easy issue.

Twedzel
IE # 102
Member # 122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Twedzel   Email Twedzel         Edit/Delete Post 
I would doubt they sell at a loss, and once again many of these drug companies are international... US doesn't hold the sole propriety position of pharecuetical provider to the world. Listen it isn't just a US Canada thing. Every industrialised nation except the US controls the price of drugs. They've deemed Health care is more important than profits and are willing to subsidise these costs and the costs of research. Yeah its **** you pay so much for drugs but that's what your government believes in.

The solution should come from the Canadian side. To get perscription drugs in Canada you have to have a doctor practising in Canada sign off the perscription. Doctors should be prohibited from signing these things without having properly examined the patient first and getting adequate test results indicating that the drugs are necessary. Not only is it highly unethical from the stand point of the medical community that they don't do so (in the case of internet pharmacies), it is also possibly quite dangerous in respect to harmful drug interactions.

Jessie
Member # 1722

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Jessie   Email Jessie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Honestly, The one thing I haven't seen on this board are reasons or facts stating HOW Bush is a good president or HOW he was right about INVADING Iraq.

And there's a reason for it.

Those facts do not exist.

I believe he was right about the war, and you just know that he's wrong.

And you haven't seen the facts and that they don't exist, I believe those facts exist and btw, have you done the actual investigations? Can you prove the Administration was wrong? So the Allied soldiers and the people of Iraq died for nothing? What could have happened if the President done otherwise? we don't know , right? did SH had wmd? Ya betcha... have they found one lately, Nope but, how’re they supposed to know when he won't cooperate? W gave him the chance, he blew it! A multitude of reasons for the attack but, does it really matter now, when almost every post on the threads lately is -- "I hate Bush and his supporters” which just proves my earlier point, Correct me if I'm wrong,.. If I may, they’re mostly vindictive against Bush supporters, followed by endless sarcasm but, no solutions, NONE whatsoever. Just hate.

RE: >> President Bush declared war against terror and has made victory in the war on terrorism and the advance of human freedom the priorities of his Administration. Already, the United States military and a great coalition of nations have liberated the people of Afghanistan from the brutal Taliban regime and denied al Qaeda its safe haven of operations. Thousands of terrorists have been captured or killed and operations have been disrupted in many countries around the world. In the President's words, "our Nation - this generation - will lift a dark threat of violence from our people and our future. We will rally the world to this cause by our efforts, by our courage. We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail."

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012