AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » SideTopics   » Presidential Debates. Part 3 (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Author Topic: Presidential Debates. Part 3
Steve G
IE # 12
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve G   Author's Homepage   Email Steve G         Edit/Delete Post 
I realize there were other 'attacks' including the Cole and an earlier WTC attack, but all comparitively small potatoes compared to 9/11.

Just a wild, unprovable theory of mine.....(let's see how long CC can stand being silent..hehehehe)

--------------------
http://stevenegordon.blogspot.com
http://stevenegordon.com

IP: Logged
Dolemite50
IE # 113
Member # 830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dolemite50   Email Dolemite50         Edit/Delete Post 
[QUOTE] Or that he waited for years to put 9/11 into action? What was he waiting for? A Barney Fife to get into office?
QUOTE]

This doent make any sense to me. Why wouldn't he have done it during 8 years of Otis The Drunk in office?

Steve G
IE # 12
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve G   Author's Homepage   Email Steve G         Edit/Delete Post 
Otis was a loveable drunk....did anyone love Barney? Besides ThemaLou, that is?

--------------------

Dolemite50
IE # 113
Member # 830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dolemite50   Email Dolemite50         Edit/Delete Post 
But in the end, any Griffith episode without Barney was a variatable Little House on the Prarie. He made the show.

Sorry, I'm going through CC withdrawls.

Steve G
IE # 12
Member # 169

But even Andy wouldn't let Barn put a bullet in his gun..... [Wink]

--------------------

Twedzel
IE # 102
Member # 122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Twedzel   Email Twedzel         Edit/Delete Post 
"Sorry, I'm going through CC withdrawls."

Definantly, I wish he wasn't being muzzled.

SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
He's muzzling himself. I only heard C say chill out. unless I missed something, was he banned from this site? did anyone say CC couldn't contribute any longer? if not then he's choosing not to.

--------------------
contact@animationnation.com
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com
www.myspace.com/redskystudio

The Mod
Administrator
Member # 854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Mod   Email The Mod         Edit/Delete Post 
CC has not been banned or muzzled by any of administration here at AN. He's just been politely asked to reign in some of his political exhuberance a bit. I'm sure some of us would like to see the same in any number of the other members of the board here. But this is of course the Side Topics where such latitude is granted.
SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
well then. desire not one who has no desire.

--------------------
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com

Shawn Toshikian
Member # 796

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shawn Toshikian   Email Shawn Toshikian         Edit/Delete Post 
These posts have become very boring without CC...pushing against everyone. [Frown] I might not agree with alot of what he says, but the guy gave the discussions flavor and grit:)
SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

well, its not like he's dead.

--------------------
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com

Steve G
IE # 12
Member # 169

Yup...he was full of grit most of the time.

Speaking of grit...heere's the transcript of Jon Stewart telling the guys on Crossfire what a travesty their show is....

crossfire lectured by a comic

--------------------

-FP-
IE # 13
Member # 914

Icon 2 posted      Profile for -FP-   Author's Homepage   Email -FP-         Edit/Delete Post 
I think CC bowed out voluntarily, for a little while. I understand why he did that, even if his politics aren't mine. I got tired of the pointlessly vehement argy-bargy a while back...
JDC
IE # 116
Member # 1993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JDC   Author's Homepage   Email JDC         Edit/Delete Post 
CC gives a good fight.. I might not agree with CC.. but its nice to have the opposing view. I think we all learn more.

--------------------
Http://bluemonstereyes.blogspot.com

droosan
IE # 4
Member # 2225

Icon 1 posted      Profile for droosan           Edit/Delete Post 
CROSSFIRE used to be a really good show, when it was just four guys yelling at each other across a table. It was my favorite show on CNN for nearly a decade.

Ever since they put it in front of a studio audience, the show has devolved into "who has the cleverest sound-bite, that can get the biggest reaction from the crowd?"

Totally killed the show. Now 'playing to the crowd' takes precedence over the argument. [frown]

Corn Fed
Member # 1085

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corn Fed   Email Corn Fed         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. Why was Coffee Cat singled out for reprimand? There's a lot of us who spend too much time here debating politics.
-FP-
IE # 13
Member # 914

Icon 2 posted      Profile for -FP-   Author's Homepage   Email -FP-         Edit/Delete Post 
CC was not so much reprimanded as cautioned. He seemed to take things personally, even thought this discussion board is, as are all web-discussions, relatively impersonal. I suppose it's difficult for younger members of a "community" such as this to retain a prudent distance while maintaining an impassioned stance. I envy the youth and enthusiasm necessary to build up a palpable heat over typing words on the screen. For me, it's a half-dead, abstract, doomed exercise...
Jennifer Hachigian Jerrard
IE # 8
Member # 2280

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Jennifer Hachigian Jerrard   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Hachigian Jerrard         Edit/Delete Post 
For me, online debates sometimes devolve into intellectual ping-pong, with a flurry of posts that boil down to "Yes!" "No!" "Yes!" "No!." The "topic ping-pong" got to the point where I created an animated GIF in its honor:

-

--------------------
 -

SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

hey, I learned how to type using this board!
I don't have to look down to type anymore,
my two figers peck like theres no tomorrow.

I personally don;t know what the big deal is.
people get so up tight if you spell something wrong, or if you show emotion or if you want to rant . its just a fukin message board. sure it
can have an impact and sure people from all over the world read it and we should compose ourselves according....but so what, so fukin what. CC has every right, he's a friggen human being. its nice to see someone with passion go off...I relate to it, I practice it....but its also good to chill and not take everything so personal cuz it is a message board, thats all...it sounds like CC is decompressing, Im sure we'll read more of him.

..and many of us have been told to chill, myself included on many ocassion. I've been deleted a couple of times....but so what, its a message board not a democracy...

--------------------
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com

MICROPHONE JONEZ
Member # 1918

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MICROPHONE JONEZ           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Speaking of grit...heere's the transcript of Jon Stewart telling the guys on Crossfire what a travesty their show is....

Man, that was effing brilliant. Any movie files of that online?
Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
Muzzled, reprimanded, cautioned. No one can say that imaginative minds aren't alive and kickin on this site.

Or maybe it's just one of those... eg-za-jer-a-shunz.

The discussion is about the 3rd debate. Let's stay on topic please.

--------------------
 -

Dolemite50
IE # 113
Member # 830

Sorry Charles, us hillbillies get all riled up when it comes to a heated Mayberry debate.
Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
Relax. You're drinking too much coffee, cat. Stick with the moonshine and the topic.

I spent the better part of the 3rd debate looking for that earphone and listening to the rhetoric, most of which was pretty much more of the same from both.

And unlike others who didn't care for it, I thought the warm and fuzzy feelings at the end were a nice little touch of sincerity and affection, especially for the women in their lives. Wish we could see more of that spirit in the campaign.

Kerry was once again in my opinion, hands down the winner on delivery, style points, enunciation and poise.

I think conservatives are wiggin' out about the possibility of Kerry being President if they think that an extreme liberal aganda will suddenly manifest itself upon his election. Not with a Republican majority in Congress.

I think he'll do just fine should he win, but that's yet to be seen. Too much monkey business goin' on. I hope this will be a fair election.

--------------------
 -

JDC
IE # 116
Member # 1993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JDC   Author's Homepage   Email JDC         Edit/Delete Post 
fair indeed..

keep hearing about intimidation tactics and registration papers being torn up..

I wonder what the candidates think about that. I missed most of the third debate.. did voter fraud come up?

--------------------
Http://bluemonstereyes.blogspot.com

talos72
IE # 66
Member # 85

Icon 1 posted      Profile for talos72   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
The only prediction I would make is that if the voter turnout is dramatically higher than the last election, Kerry has a good shot. However, if we end up having too many stay-at-homers, then we may have 4 more years of the dubs. It's that simple...really!

Prediction number two (an obvious and easy one): this election will have controversy no matter what. Already, in Palm Beach county, many would be voters are engaged in legal battles over their forms being vetted. Of course, most of them happen to be from poorer and African-american neighborhoods.

For example, there is a box you check to confirm if you are an american citizen, then in the bottom of the form where you sign your name it is specifically stated that you confirm your US citizenship. Well, some would-be voters, forgot to check off the box, even though they signed their form agreeing with the statement. Their forms were tossed due to technicalities even though the registration office checks people's citizenship anyways-- regardless of whether you state it or not on the form.

That on top of voting machines crashing badly in some florida counties (this, I am sure, is not exclusive to Florida).

I am just saying we may have another election fiasco brewing, then we certainly would be a laughing stock: we are claiming to export democracy to other nations, but can have a fair election in our own country.

--------------------
Portfolio Online

My Art Blog

My Photo Blog

OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFBEAT   Author's Homepage   Email OFFBEAT         Edit/Delete Post 
I blame CC's disappearance on me. I'm a closer. Who can argue with me? I hand out the verbal beatdowns like candy!

It's my theory I convinced CC that he was on the dark side, and he's too embarrassed to admit it.

I have heard of people waking up and saying... "George Bush.. why the hell am I routing for him?? What the hell have I been thinking?"

...I've also heard of people saying that after they've successfully passed their GED examination. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Get Rich, or Die Drawing!"

Coffee Cat
Member # 897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coffee Cat   Email Coffee Cat         Edit/Delete Post 
In case it was lost the night it was posted, where we shifted from debate 2 to debate 3, I posted the following message:

"Source, please, on Ruth Bader Ginsberg's alleged support of lowering the age of consent to 12."

Ginsberg co-authored a report, while at the ACLU, titled “Sex Bias in the U.S. Code”:

“Eliminate the phrase ‘carnal knowledge of any female, not his wife, who has not attained the age of 16 years’ and substitute a federal, sex-neutral definition of the offense… A person is guilty of an offense if he engages in a sexual act with another person… [and] the other person is, in fact, less than 12 years old.”

-Report for the US Commission on Civil Rights, April 1977, p.102 quoted in “Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Feminist World View,” The Phyllis Schlafly Report, Vol. 26, No. 12, Section 1, p.3

This will be my final post until after the election.

I only post now because some discussion has been made over my silence.

This message followed an exchange from Charles on the “Kerry's Progressive Tax Plan - FOR YOU!” thread that publicly cautioned me on my posts on this board. It included: my non-subscribe status, my political position, as well as courtesy to the membership here and for the sake of my own standing on these boards. I apologize.

I will not whine about censorship where none exists. I will not claim that I didn’t take things personally, but I will not claim that that is the reason that I’ve ceased my posts on this board either. I viewed my arguments as acceptable participation on this online community, and not something that was offensive to the membership here or jeopardizing my standing on these boards. I apologize again. I will also freely admit to being passionate, even overly passionate, about things discussed here. Recently, and in the past, I have been privately contacted by members who express their thanks for my voice on these boards.

That being said, I think its best that rather than cooling my jets that I should remove myself from such conversation. This is the second time I’ve been publicly reprimanded recently (the Shrek 2 thread). I do not wish a third.

I will decide in the near future between paying a subscription here, or walking away. Between now and then you may see me participate lightly on the general discussion side of this board.

To bring this back to the thread topic, I would like to merely add that while these debates might not be “real” debates, as many on here have criticized, they have been much more relevant and noteworthy and debate-like (and I’d say important, even) than any debates in recent history (closest perhaps being Ross Perots participation in ‘92 which drastically effected the race, and arguably, American history). Good show.

I pray that whoever wins it is a fair and firm win, and that we do not find ourselves in a second election fiasco, followed by lawsuits, a delayed election win, and potential “illegitimacy” perceptions. I do think it has been harmful to our country, here at home and abroad, as well as our election process.

-FP-
IE # 13
Member # 914

It's gonna be quite a nasty little show, I'm afraid:

President Bush's top campaign lawyer said yesterday that the winner of next month's presidential vote may not be known for "days or weeks" after Election Day.

OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFBEAT   Author's Homepage   Email OFFBEAT         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] Broke the silence [Big Grin]

--------------------

OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

Coffee Cat... you know we loves yas!
[cheers]

--------------------

Steve G
IE # 12
Member # 169

Let's show the conservative some compassion [Wink]

--------------------

Steve G
IE # 12
Member # 169

Theere's an interesting "quiet" discussion happening on the 'internets' (even amongst some Republicans) that there seems to be something wrong with W (besides the obvious).
If you look back on his debates with Gore 3 1/2 years ago and compare them with these last 3 he seems to be a different man (I don't think I need to describe the obvious behavior that I'm referencing).
I realize the presidency ages one considerably, but there's discussion of strokes and other serious health problems....anyone else starting to see some of this?

Maybe it's just the symptoms of "drydrunk" manifesting?

--------------------

Dolemite50
IE # 113
Member # 830

Criminy Coffee,
What does it take to get to you to shut up for two seconds?

[cheers]

Yaahhh, we tease him alot, cuz we've got him on the spot,..welcome back welcome back welcome baaaacckk.

SteveG,
I havent noticed a whole lot of what you are talking about, but I will say that I think people judge W's performance in the debates as "Good for W". Theres no contesting the fact that Kerry can debate circles around him, but when W at least holds his own people tend to be overly impressed. Bush also has alot more of a "down to earth" appeal in his demeanor. Kerry seems to have a great gameplan but comes across as a stuffed shirt, which turns some people off.

Personally I dont care what somebody's demeanor is on the podium, I just look at the issues. Kerry seems to have a better plan this time around.

Jessie
Member # 1722

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Jessie   Email Jessie         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, CC's been skating on thin ice on this board for a long time now... one more anti-Kerry remark and that would have been it. cue <>. What I observed here is ; like on this thread alone, how many posters were gunning for Bush? ONE. everybody else is for Kerry.

The whole lot ( not to mention the entire world) bashing Bush for over FOUR years now yet, an honest critique from CC, he's not even personally attacking anyone or insinuating Kerry and just because he disagreed with the majority - he's now nearly banned and completely reprimanded???

Isn't Polarization common during Election time? I do not have anything personal against Kerry, my beef was about his indecisiveness ( among other things) and what I do get? wasn't that something called major 'hostility'? , How many Bush voters here on this site ? - there's Lefty, Coffee and me -- that's 3 guys, and just airing our opinion as well. Despite the personal attacks, the gang up, etc. I'm over that, I don't take it personal . but, did CC really sounded personal? if you care to read them they're just like any other post a Bush sympathizer would do . His tone is rather harsh sometimes , aren't some of them just borderline EXAGGERATIONS, wasn't he just as worked up like anyone else? , now he's suddenly he's singled out, Also,........... there are even more worse mentioned stuffs here by other posters particularly against Bush camp wayyyyy too many to mention, If you care to look back to threads; Stuffs really laughable like comparing him to Hitler, idiot, cheater, retarded, evil dictator, almost anything you can think of.. So , I guess Bush the only guy worthy of bashing and not Kerry? Michael Moore nearly murdered Bush with his endless propaganda, why suddenly an anti-Kerry film isn't allowed? If you wanna bash somebody , be prepared to to get the same response. In the end, who's right or who's wrong remains to be seen.

If you believe Bush was wrong about the war, ot that he's not really a legit president, etc.. then who cares?, that's what you believe but, pls give others a chance for what they believe ... anyways, continuously mocking them or berating , denigrating them is way easier to do, right??? yes, this is another cheese.

But whatever, guys. sorry to interrupt the Democratic Convention. [flirt]

Twedzel
IE # 102
Member # 122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Twedzel   Email Twedzel         Edit/Delete Post 
"...why suddenly an anti-Kerry film isn't allowed? "

Good point. Kerry spoke out as a Vietnam vet against a war that was wrong and utterly horrible. He did so at risk to himself. Let the spin monsters do what they will with an act of public consciosness. Let them do it on prime time television a few weeks befor the election, just shows their hand for the world to see.

Fact none of those vets would be in the position they were in if their leaders hadn't put them there. They should be blaming Kennedy, Johnson, and Nixon for that travisty... not the person who does the morally right thing and speaks against the evil.

OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

"If you believe Bush was wrong about the war, ot that he's not really a legit president, etc.. "

...I think we've done better than post just our 'beliefs.' I think we've laid out enough facts to even make the OJ Simpson jurors realize that he's those things.

Honestly, The one thing I haven't seen on this board are reasons or facts stating HOW Bush is a good president or HOW he was right about INVADING Iraq.

And there's a reason for it.

Those facts do not exist.

Even in a republican owned media.

--------------------

IE # 8
Member # 2280

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Jennifer Hachigian Jerrard   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Hachigian Jerrard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Honestly, The one thing I haven't seen on this board are reasons or facts stating HOW Bush is a good president or HOW he was right about INVADING Iraq.
I didn't post anything about how he was right to invade Iraq, but I did post one item in favor of a Bush decision. Just one.

--------------------
 -

OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

Jennifer... even in comparrison to what Kerry proposes?

--------------------

IE # 8
Member # 2280

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Jennifer Hachigian Jerrard   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Hachigian Jerrard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Jennifer... even in comparison to what Kerry proposes?
I'm not comparing Bush's health policies with Kerry's at all -- I'm just tossing health savings accounts out as one good thing Bush may have done while in office.

If HSAs end up destroying the existing health care system, however, I'll withdraw my current favor of Bush's decision on HSAs. [Smile]

--------------------
 -

Steve G
IE # 12
Member # 169

This says it all...finally a commentary that makes perfect sense!!!

who's the puppet?

--------------------

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012