AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » SideTopics   » Disneyland Paris must see

Author Topic: Disneyland Paris must see
Inkan
IE # 77
Member # 1089

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Inkan   Author's Homepage   Email Inkan         Edit/Delete Post 
I got clued into this TV ad by Cartoon Brew and then by Laughing Place. It's a tv commercial for a "Lion King" show that opened in Paris in Late May. ( Save it to disk in order to watch it. )

The idea behind this ad goes like this ( at least I THINK so :-} ) The LIONS are coming to Disneyland Paris! And what do you do when you see lions coming at you? You run away and try to flee to high ground. And that's what the walkarounds do at the start of this ad. High ground on ledges, porches, thefront wall of the castle....

Huoy... [Eek!]

You can also see pics of the filming here, here, here, and here .

IP: Logged
ScribbleChimp
IE # 165
Member # 1873

Icon 5 posted      Profile for ScribbleChimp   Email ScribbleChimp         Edit/Delete Post 
What the $#@% is that pink thing next to Baloo in that first image?

Snapshots from that ad would make for great “Disney characters committing suicide” caption pictures. As a matter of fact. I think I’ll go make some!

--------------------
-Mike
Nobody loves you because your tiny and made of meat!

droosan
IE # 4
Member # 2225

Icon 1 posted      Profile for droosan           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool! Euro Disney has a 'Robin Hood' walkaround character! [Smile] I don't recall ever having seen him in the U.S. parks.

I wonder if there's also walkaround versions of Little John, Maid Marion, Sheriff of Nottingham, etc ..

Anim8edcox
IE # 2
Member # 1165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anim8edcox   Author's Homepage   Email Anim8edcox         Edit/Delete Post 
Truly an awful ad angle! And I second the Disney Character's suicides from what the images look like! What a bad concept this whole shebang is! [Gary]

And DLR has all the characters from Robin Hood as mentioned above. In fact, the walkarounds there are a lot different from other Disney Theme Parks. The costumes are lighter and less bulky as well, so they look like people in ill fitting costumes. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Anim8edcox
 -

Inkan
IE # 77
Member # 1089

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Inkan   Author's Homepage   Email Inkan         Edit/Delete Post 
ScribbleChimp: I think that's Hyacinth Hippo. But then again Hyancinth isn't pink right? Now I'm perplexed.

Yeah, the first think that came to mind when I saw the pics was "Jump!". [Big Grin] I also wondered if this was supposed to be the Disney characters getting fed with Eisner's policies once and for all. [Roll Eyes] Anim8tedcox I hope those costumes aren't so bulky. Clinging to a wall 10's of feet in the air while WEARING those costumes must've been dangerous. [Eek!]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012