AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » Poll AN   » "Everyone's Hero" aka "Yankee Irving" - Box Office Poll - till Sept 15 '06

Author Topic: "Everyone's Hero" aka "Yankee Irving" - Box Office Poll - till Sept 15 '06
Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
 -

The animated feature formerly known as "Yankee Irving" but renamed "Everyone's Hero" will be opening nationwide on Friday, September 15, 2006.

Everyone's Hero is IDT Entertainment's first foray into animated feature films. The film will be distributed by Fox.

How do you think it will do in its debut weekend? Less than $15 mil, more than $55 mil, somewhere inbetween? Let us know.

Survey is open til midnight of Sept 15. All active accounts can vote.

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 15 user(s) have voted.
Voting started at board time.
Voting stopped at board time.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

--------------------
 -

IP: Logged
Noogy
IE # 18
Member # 705

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Noogy   Email Noogy         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it should have a relatively good opening. School has started so sports is in fashion, kids like to share stories of the films they are looking forward to, and the premise and characters are fairly unique.

From what I remember, the animation was good and visuals pleasant.

And I believe that Cars has shown audiences that anthropomorphic objects can carry a feature film.

--------------------
-Dean Dodrill

-

MutantPenguin
Member # 3296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MutantPenguin   Email MutantPenguin         Edit/Delete Post 
From the commercials on TV, the animation looks good and clean, and there is a fair amount of advertising (The Northridge mall has banners hanging all the way down it), and the story is different from the recent animation offerings, which are all good signs. Fathers who are baseball fans too may see this as an opportunity to introduce their young children to a sport they enjoy (and may not mind spending 1½ hrs watching an animated film to do it.~My experience is that big sports fans tend to snub cartoons...) However, the preview didn't make me laugh like the 'Over the Hedge' preview, and probally wouldn't interest me at all if I weren't into animation. And the baseball bat w/ girl eyes, and base ball with bug eyes really don't seem that original or interesting. So I don't think it will do badly, but not as well as Cars or Over the Hedge. So I'm giving it a middle of the road rating.
E. Allen
IE # 301
Member # 3297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for E. Allen   Email E. Allen         Edit/Delete Post 
Once moviegoers learn the backstory of this project (it was Christopher Reeve's last project, and it turned out to be Dana's as well, etc.) there's no reason for me not to believe that they'll be cramming themselves into the theaters for this one.
Inkan
IE # 77
Member # 1089

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Inkan   Author's Homepage   Email Inkan         Edit/Delete Post 
A talking baseball? A talking bat?

I apologize, I know that's the third time I've said that on the message boards. But man, I just can't get past them for some reason. [tipsy] I don't expect this movie to do well because the premise looks so bizarre in the commercials. But also because the commercials make the movie look crass ( "My head! My butt!..." ), and how many kids know how Babe Ruth is these days?

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Still some time to get your guestimate in for opening weekend of Everyone's Hero. The box office survey will be wrapping up tomorrow.

--------------------
 -

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Oops! It's already September 15. Lost track of the days.

The poll is closed to voting so let's see what the predictions are.

Less than $15 million: 40% (6)
$20-25 mil: 20% (3)
$15-20 mil: 13% (2)
$35-40 mil: 13% (2)
$25-30 mil: 7% (1)
$30-35 mil: 7% (1)

There you have it. We'll know how close in a few days. Meantime, go see the movie! Good luck and best wishes from AN to the filmmakers.

--------------------
 -

Semaj
Member # 3131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semaj   Email Semaj         Edit/Delete Post 
So THIS was Christopher Reeve's final project?

I got nothing against Reeve or his wife. ( PLEASE let that sink in before you read any further...)

But I really don't have a real reason to see this film. The trailers and commercials are not impressive to say the least.

Maybe if this were live-action, and didn't have spoiler material where the bat "brings out her whoppin' stick" (jeez...), I'd be more enthusiastic.

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Looks like the 40% who voted on the low end called it right.

Everybody's Hero brought in about $6,500,000 for its opening weekend. But it did come in 3rd and the top film grossed $15,000,000 with 2nd place at $10,300,000 so it wasn't a cash rich opening for anybody. I'm sure this will do better in the video aftermarket.

All things considered, another animated film that held its own and that continues to spell success for the overall industry even though its initial numbers weren't stellar.

Thanks to the filmmakers for the effort and best wishes on your next endeavor.

--------------------
 -

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012