AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » Poll AN   » Warner's "Ant Bully" - opening weekend box office - July 28

Author Topic: Warner's "Ant Bully" - opening weekend box office - July 28
Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
Ant Bully from DNA Productions and Warner Bros Distribution is opening today. This is a late poll as I lost track of the film's opening date, but there's enough time to get a quicky survey and see how close we can get to guessing how the film will do over the weekend.

Poll is open to all members of AN with active accounts.

We'll keep this open until tomorrow, July 29 at noon Pacific time.

You must vote in order to follow the results.

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 12 user(s) have voted.
Voting started at board time.
Voting stopped at board time.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

--------------------
 -

IP: Logged
Floyd Bishop
IE # 183
Member # 2322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Floyd Bishop   Author's Homepage   Email Floyd Bishop         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm guessing around $25 million. Pirates is still sailing strong, and Monster House is getting a lot of press.

--------------------
Floyd Bishop
 -

JATG
IE # 29
Member # 65

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JATG   Author's Homepage   Email JATG         Edit/Delete Post 
Along with the opening weekends polls...do you think we could do a second week poll as well? I think Ant Bully will have an okay start...but then drop like a lead balloon.
Inkan
IE # 77
Member # 1089

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Inkan   Author's Homepage   Email Inkan         Edit/Delete Post 
The commercials make it look like a kids-only movie. No crossover appeal at all, unlike the Pixar and PDI movies or even "Monster House". So I think it'll only have a $30-40 Million overall boxoffice, like what "The Rugrats Go Wild" will have.

The Rottentomatoes reviews have actually turned good ( 64% the last time I checked ). But the reviews all say that this movie has an awful lot of potty jokes. [puke] Some reviews also think the movie espouses Communist propaganda Hmm.

Smeeb!
Member # 67

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smeeb!           Edit/Delete Post 
19.5 million
Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
Ant Bully pulled in a total of $8,432,465 according to BoxOfficeMojo.com. Disappointing returns for a movie that certainly should have fared better.

Here's the results of the survey. With 12 members voting in this last minute poll...

$15-$20 million: 33% (4)
$25-$30 million: 33% (4)
Less than $15 million: 25% (3)
$30-$35 Million: 8% (1)

Most voters looked to have the film do better, with 3 correctly predicting what it would do.

Thanks for your participation.

--------------------
 -

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012