my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » Poll AN   » AN T-shirt preferances

Author Topic: AN T-shirt preferances
Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm planning the second printing of AN T-shirts and would like to get input from the community as to which you find preferable.

There are 6 designs. Design 1 through 5 are one color on black. Design six is 2 colors.

Which do you prefer? Choose your 3 favorites. Your participation in this survey will help determine which colors will get printed first.

The poll will be open for a week until Monday March 6.

I plan on having some of these shirts available at AN#8 on March 31 '06.

Thanks for your participation in this.

-

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 41 user(s) have voted.
Voting started at board time.
Voting stopped at board time.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

--------------------
 -

IP: Logged
Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Thanks to the 41 ANers who took part in this survey.

White - 51% (21)
Gold - 41% (17)
Gray - 39% (16)
Blue - 20% (8)
Pink - 12% (5)
Striped 2% (1)

I was surprised by the results. I thought that the striped version would have been more popular. Thanks for your participation. This has been helpful.

--------------------
 -

roger
IE # 141
Member # 2352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roger   Author's Homepage   Email roger         Edit/Delete Post 
Charles if it is gooing to be silkscreen print then an iris print maybe a good one... after all it is classed as one print/plate run, but gives you more than one color.

--------------------
http://www.canvas.nl

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Roger, I haven't had a chance to check into that method of printing yet, but I will. I did get a chance to do a press check on the upcoming line of AN t-shirts. My last visit was yesterday. They look good. I tried something different with the colors to make sure they turned out as close to the examples above as possible. The pink is leaning a little towards lavender perhaps but I like the color more. The gray is more like silver. The results came out nice.

They'll be available for show and sale at AN#8 on 3.31.06. They'll also be available for sale to fellow ANers not in the area.

--------------------
 -

Eric Hedman
IE # 84
Member # 2453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Hedman   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Hedman         Edit/Delete Post 
Noooooo!!!!!!
Pink Damnit!!! Piiiink!!!!!!!!

[Wink]

--------------------
http://www.radiodismuke.com
20's-30's music

Come see my Second Life Stuff
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Chilispoon/128/80/39

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

It's still pink. It's a nice color. The t-shirts are going to look good. I'll also be bringing the last of the vintage first run AN tees. I'll also have three designs of the Academy's t-shirts that've been selling since last fall. I'm out of some of the smaller sizes though. Along with the AN shirts, they'll make a nice display. Nine different tee shirts altogether.

--------------------
 -

roger
IE # 141
Member # 2352

Icon 14 posted      Profile for roger   Author's Homepage   Email roger         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok about that technique (forget the name, thats how it was called back in the days i worked for a silkscreen printers, nowadays it stands for digital art prints)
Basically the screen is prepared like normal for the single color run, but instead of pouring one ink in you pour two or three inks in (see diagram) and when you spread the ink with the spatula you mix them in one direction ending up with a nice gradient. It works best with opaque inks on dark colors. (I have printed many reggae T-shirt/poster in those days)

And yes pink is a nice color!
 -

--------------------
http://www.canvas.nl

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Roger, thanks for putting that up. I'll mention it to the printer. Maybe try it out next time.

The t-shirts are in and overall, they came out pretty good. The blue is a little darker, the gray a little lighter than the colors above. The gold is pretty close and so is the pink.

There was a mix up on their part. I ordered 100% cotton but was delivered a cotton polyester blend. Still a good shirt and they'll hold up better in the wash but it's not what I ordered. I'm in discussions with them about this and they're going to accomodate me in some way so they're being fair. Meantime, it's the cotton polys for tomorrow night at AN#8.

--------------------
 -

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012