AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » Gallery   » Xiyon Storyboard Secene one released

Author Topic: Xiyon Storyboard Secene one released
GWAStudios
Member # 3625

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GWAStudios   Author's Homepage   Email GWAStudios         Edit/Delete Post 
I released my storyboard for xiyon. This is scene one and it will be the only one release. This is the rather boring pick-up part of the story (the begining scene), so it seems rather dull.

[Link] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPu7fL3thxk

--------------------
www.GWAGames.com

IP: Logged
Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, it's not very exciting as it stands, and really needs much more work, but I like what you've got going as far as the character waking from a dream to the realization of his hero possibilities. If you can get into the character and show some facial emotion, work on your staging and composition, and add some drama and intensity to the scenario, you'll be heading in the right direction with it.

--------------------
 -

GWAStudios
Member # 3625

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GWAStudios   Author's Homepage   Email GWAStudios         Edit/Delete Post 
yea it does seem rather boring because this one was a build up. the storyboard looks scribbled and rather weak because they were drawn in less than minute on a intuos 4 pen tablet for a brief character 3D dimension look. the real design and Illustation for one character takes the whole day (hence for one outfit and to capture certain poses) and we have just barley started on animation. currently stuck on the walking for one character (i am working on the torso then legs, ect)and to wrap it all up i have to take these quick storyboard sketches put them on a DVD and send them to a assistant in North Carolina (for saftey pupose)only 35 more to go...Great :'( lol

--------------------
www.GWAGames.com

tstevens
IE # 234
Member # 801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tstevens   Author's Homepage   Email tstevens         Edit/Delete Post 
You may want to take a look at Brad Birds notes on Storyboarding for the Simpsons. It use to be available through several sources on line.

That guide is a great resource for anyone who is just starting to board.

One of the things that you should try is getting back to paper and pencil. Sometimes it may seem easier in the computer but I tend to find that the process can get lost. Also, boards can be rough and nasty as long as they express the staging, action, and acting correctly.

--------------------
http://www.foogersnarts.blogspot.com

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012