AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » Gallery   » Rough Image Walking Animation

Author Topic: Rough Image Walking Animation
GWAStudios
Member # 3625

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GWAStudios   Author's Homepage   Email GWAStudios         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright i just made a walking animation. I used about 7 Pictures and then used adobe flash and set the framerate to 7. After that I created it as a animated .gif file so pls check it out on my webpage.

Go here: http://www.gwagames.com/blank.html

Please dont mind the head and the rough sense as it is a Rough Copy.

-Thanx ^_^

--------------------
www.GWAGames.com

IP: Logged
tstevens
IE # 234
Member # 801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tstevens   Author's Homepage   Email tstevens         Edit/Delete Post 
First animations are always a challenge. If you don't have someone showing you the basics it can be a real bear.

I would first look at getting Preston Blair's Cartoon Animation book published by Walter Foster as well as Richard William's The Animators Survival Kit.

How are you making your drawings? It doesn't look like you are using a peg system to align them.

As for Flash, you'll want to set your frame rate to a standard. Projected film runs at 24 frames per second. Traditional animators will sometimes draw on 2s meaning that every drawing would get exposed twice. Since you aren't shooting film that would be the equivalent of 12 frames per second in Flash. You could also use a frame rate of 30 which is kind-of-sort-of the frame rate for video (it is actually 29.97).

--------------------
http://www.foogersnarts.blogspot.com

IP: Logged

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012