my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » Gallery   » Dust: An Elysian Tail

Author Topic: Dust: An Elysian Tail
Noogy
IE # 18
Member # 705

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Noogy   Email Noogy         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello fellow artists! I've just finished my Dream Build Play submission of Dust: An Elysian Tail.

Dust is a video game I'm creating using XNA, a programming language for the Xbox 360. Dream Build Play is Microsoft's annual Indie competition. The game is loosely tied with my film.

Here's a teaser for the game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR7vE6l1MN0&feature=channel

Wish me luck!

--------------------
-Dean Dodrill

-

IP: Logged
Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful! First rate! I see you've got a lot of views in a short period of time, 3302 in just a couple of days. Looks like you've got a good following for this already. No surprise about that. Good luck!

--------------------
 -

Noogy
IE # 18
Member # 705

Thanks Charles [Smile] Yeah, I'm getting bombarded with interview requests and comments. Really, I just want to take a break and take the kids fishing all week.

--------------------
-Dean Dodrill

-

Metsys
Member # 3503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Metsys   Email Metsys         Edit/Delete Post 
So, I was initially really excited about this game, but then I checked Dean's website and he said that Alexander Brandon was being brought on to compose music for it. Now I'm really really REALLY excited for this game! Please have a PC version so I can buy it!

--------------------
http://glenmoyes.blogspot.com

Metsys
Member # 3503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Metsys   Email Metsys         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I should mention that Alexander Brandon is my musical hero (him and Andrew Sega). Their work for Unreal, Deus Ex, and Jazz Jackrabbit 2 was a great inspiration for me back when I composed music. Even though I'm primarily an artist now and hardly ever compose music, I still owe a lot to them and the original Jazz Jackrabbit game for getting me into music, art and story telling.

I'll be waiting here patiently until the time comes for me to whip out my credit card in exchange for some combined Noogy and Siren awesomeness. [thumbsup]

--------------------
http://glenmoyes.blogspot.com

Richard
Member # 247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard   Email Richard         Edit/Delete Post 
Amazing stuff, Noogy! You've got that midas touch on anything you do. I really was wowed by the fighting sequences.

--------------------
www.richardjgaines.blogspot.com

SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
wonderful! I love it. so stoked for you Noogy! this is gonna be huge for you.

--------------------
contact@animationnation.com
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com
www.myspace.com/redskystudio

AJL
Member # 3306

Icon 14 posted      Profile for AJL   Email AJL         Edit/Delete Post 
About 20 years ago this is how I imagined most video games of the future would look; still 2D and side scrolling, but with the graphic quality of animated TV shows and movies of the time.

...Actually this is way, way better than what I imagined.

Incredible work, Dean!

Noogy
IE # 18
Member # 705

Thanks all [Smile] Yeah, this is what I was hoping side scrollers would eventually look like as well. I love 3D games as much as the next person, but have a soft spot for that handdrawn/painted look. From the response so far, I'm not the only one who feels that way.

--------------------
-Dean Dodrill

-

Gagne Michel
IE # 40
Member # 365

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Gagne Michel   Author's Homepage   Email Gagne Michel         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks great, Dean. Very nice animation. [thumbsup]

--------------------
 -

Noogy
IE # 18
Member # 705

Thanks Michel [Smile] I'll know on the 5th how I'll did in the competition. Microsoft will announce winners at PAX. I couldn't afford to go, but I'd love to be there.

--------------------
-Dean Dodrill

-

Greg B
IE # 118
Member # 886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg B   Author's Homepage   Email Greg B         Edit/Delete Post 
Noogy soooo rocks!

--------------------
http://www.boonestoons.com
http://www.spacefool.com

Christina H
Member # 3616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christina H   Email Christina H         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! I just joined, and I am so impressed with your work. I hope to catch up with you one day.
Noogy
IE # 18
Member # 705

Thanks for the comments [Smile] There's no better honor than to receive praise from fellow artists.

--------------------
-Dean Dodrill

-

D.Houry
Member # 3603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D.Houry   Author's Homepage   Email D.Houry         Edit/Delete Post 
The artwork is gorgeous with a great color palette, and the animation is so smooth and appealing! Did you do it all by hand? Also, when and where can I play it? Congrats!

--------------------
www.MartinKoala.com - Home of Koalition comics!

Noogy
IE # 18
Member # 705

Hi there, yeah, all done by hand. For the lead character it's normal frame-by-frame animation at 24fps, for other things I've created a semi-skeletal animation system. A little bit of everything.

All in glorious 2D [Smile]

I'm currently in publishing talks, but don't expect it this year.

--------------------
-Dean Dodrill

-

GWAStudios
Member # 3625

Icon 4 posted      Profile for GWAStudios   Author's Homepage   Email GWAStudios         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Dean :-)!!! It's me Aurelious from creators.xna.com. I just wanted to thank you agin for getting me on this site. I walked with Charles and he told me about a character desgining class he is making (and of course I am willing to take it), so again thanx for setting me up on here and I cannot wait to see your elysian tail movie ;-)

--------------------
www.GWAGames.com

Noogy
IE # 18
Member # 705

Hi, glad to see you here. Charles will set you right. What you need are some good fundamentals, and it will go far in helping you as a character illustrator. Good luck!

--------------------
-Dean Dodrill

-

E. Allen
IE # 301
Member # 3297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for E. Allen   Email E. Allen         Edit/Delete Post 
Again, phenomenal work.

I believed I had commented on here, but scrolling through here, I didn't see it! I certainly did not ignore this great work, and I look forward to the final release of Dust!

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012