AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » Gallery   » Peter DeSeve Step By Step

Author Topic: Peter DeSeve Step By Step
OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFBEAT   Author's Homepage   Email OFFBEAT         Edit/Delete Post 
Peter DeSeve Step By Step article written back in 1994.. Thought I'd share the wealth.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
"Get Rich, or Die Drawing!"

IP: Logged
OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFBEAT   Author's Homepage   Email OFFBEAT         Edit/Delete Post 
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

The Mod
Administrator
Member # 854

Icon 14 posted      Profile for The Mod   Email The Mod         Edit/Delete Post 
This is awsome! Thanks for posting it.
Igor
Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Igor   Email Igor         Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful!
Graphiteman
IE # 218
Member # 2092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graphiteman   Author's Homepage   Email Graphiteman         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for sharing. I too have this issue.
About time I try it, don'tcha think? [Wink]

SO that's why I can't draw like Peter de Seve! I can't find the top secret brown pencil!

OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

If anyone knows which pencil it is.. please chime in!!

--------------------

KevinO
IE # 36
Member # 56

Icon 14 posted      Profile for KevinO   Email KevinO         Edit/Delete Post 
To me it looks like the Derwent Drawing pencils. Either the Chocolate or Venetian Red. They are great pencils anyway. The Ivory Black is wonderful for life drawing on smooth newsprint. The leads in these are super smooth and they glide on paper. Swain's carries them. In photo #7 of the article, that's definitely a Derwent.
Graphiteman
IE # 218
Member # 2092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graphiteman   Author's Homepage   Email Graphiteman         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course I was being somewhat tongue-in-cheek.
Reminds me of stories of animators who thought changing their pencil could make them draw like Fred Moore. [Smile]

KevinO
IE # 36
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KevinO   Email KevinO         Edit/Delete Post 
You mean it doesn't work? Next you'll say that changing papers doesn't make you draw any better either!!

Anyway the secret pencil isn't really a secret. I've been using them for years now, and I still can't draw like de Séve.

Great issue, thanks for posting it Offbeat.

Eric Hedman
IE # 84
Member # 2453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Hedman   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Hedman         Edit/Delete Post 
Was it this pencil?

http://www.nadinejarvis.com/projects/carbon_copies

--------------------
http://www.radiodismuke.com
20's-30's music

Come see my Second Life Stuff
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Chilispoon/128/80/39

OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

I always tell people that i'm leaving my body to science, so that medical students can stick pencils in my butthole and make pencil sharpening noises.
[Big Grin]

--------------------

OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

I know there's not such a thing as a pencil that can make you into Fred Moore!

I used to work in an art store, and got to experiment drawing with and on different materials. and there are very noticible differences in pencils and papers, and they do make a difference!!

Since Prismacolor is messing with the blue col-erase formula, i've been looking for a new pencil.

And through hunting, I found a great one!!.. California Republic Stationary Golden Bear 2b pencil is one of the best i've ever wielded.

Ironically, still one of my favorite thing to draw with is a .08 cent ball point pen, and rough newsprint. [Smile]

--------------------

Caracal
IE # 161
Member # 3024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caracal   Author's Homepage   Email Caracal         Edit/Delete Post 
What a treat to see an accomplished craftsman at work. Thank you for this post!

cheers

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012