AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » Here they are - the New AnimationNation Forums

Author Topic: Here they are - the New AnimationNation Forums
Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
Please follow this link ladies and gentlemen to see the new forums for AnimationNation.com

http://www.animationnation.com/community/

Best viewed with Firefox or Safari, Firefox highly recommended.

--------------------
 -

IP: Logged
Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
You'll be able to register for the new forums right away. We ask that you remain patient as it will take some time to clear your accounts. We'll be doing this on a first come first serve basis and it's likely that we won't begin clearing accounts until sometime tomorrow. So once again, please be patient with us, we'll be on it and doing what we can to get everyone ready and cleared for the new forums.

Meantime, you can still use these forums for communicating. We'll be keeping them going for a while longer as a backup and to help migrate everyone to the new system.

--------------------
 -

Law
IE # 112
Member # 1348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Law   Author's Homepage   Email Law         Edit/Delete Post 
Wooooooooooo! [cheers]

--------------------
www.lawrencejackson.com

Plai
IE # 298
Member # 3529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Plai   Author's Homepage   Email Plai         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! I can see the future in this :]

--------------------
Plai.tv

SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going crazy posting animation. Maybe a bit too much. A.N. isn't so much about nostalgia as it is about artist empowerment...but with what we do its hard not to take a trip down inspiration lane where I grew up. I've been time traveling tonight checking out all the stuff I watch as a kid. Man, I watched some cheesy stuff. i got to say, it was the hook that fished me in. Usually that came in the form of the Title Sequence. usually the best animated part of most series back in the 80s. Especially if you were action, fantasy or adventure....and a toy line.lol

This new platform really gives us more dimension to express ourselves. Which is nothing new in the grand scheme, but with the aesthetic behind A.N. and now with this new message board we can really show the industry what our membership is about.

--------------------
contact@animationnation.com
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com
www.myspace.com/redskystudio

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

To me, it's much more about a new medium than anything else. We can do pretty much anything we want creatively. The forums won't be just words on a webpage.

We'll be expanding the forum categories as well. For the time being, we have General Discussion, the Gallery, the Business Forum and Festivals and Events. Soon there'll be other areas to develop both in animation and non-animation subjects.

For those of you who've submitted your registrations, we'll be clearing your accounts very soon. Once you've got the greenlight, feel free to utilize the new forums.

--------------------
 -

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Here's an example of what AN's new Gallery can do. Follow this link, then click on an individual picture.

http://www.animationnation.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22

Also, to keep our readers informed and updated with info from other threads concerning the topic of the new forums. You'll be able to subscribe to a specific topic. You'll also be able to edit your posts. You'll have 20 minutes to review what you posted and make the changes you desire before your post becomes permanent. Something we've wanted to do here but have been hampered by all this time due to a technical glitch in the message board software. You won't have that problem with the new forums.

--------------------
 -

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Another example of what the new forums are capable of.

Greg B mentioned in another thread that he celebrated the use of a new laptop by watching "Gulliver's Travels", the animated feature produced by the Fleischer Studios in 1939.

Here it is in its entirety in 9 parts embeded by virtue of YouTube video.

http://www.animationnation.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21

Something else I'd like to mention, regarding the uploading of images. You don't have to host them on a remote server. You can upload images directly to the AN Forums in a way that is similar to attaching a file to email. A very simple process.

--------------------
 -

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

We started clearing the first batch of accounts for the new forums. There's still some adjustments that need to be made on our end, so if you don't receive an email right away confirming your clearance, please be patient with us. We'll get to it.

If you've received notice that your account's been cleared, go ahead and login to the new forums.

It's important that you remember your password and the email address associated with your account. In the event that you forget your password, you can reset it using the email address associated with your account. Passwords will not be mailed to you if they're forgotten. They must be reset through your email address.

If you're having any kind of problem logging in to the new forums, let us know by contacting us through AN's general email address which is info[at]animationnation.com.

--------------------
 -

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Good first day. Got quite a few registrations cleared. Fetting the feel of how this operates. So far so good but there's still a few little items here and there that need adjusting.

For me personally, the new forum system is very statisfying. I like the feel of it, how smoothly it operates especially in featuring video and graphics. After a day of working both forums, I'd say that I'd like to keep both going simulteanously and see how it eveolves. I see a place for the new and what we have established.

We'll take it a step at a time. Meanwhile, feel free to utilize both. I plan on using the new one for posting video that's related to discussions here, organizing and focusing content and making it available here as opposed to providing links to it.

So we'll see how this new part of AN merges and emerges.

Here's something I put together for fun, it's a few animated videos dealing with water...

http://www.animationnation.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=64

--------------------
 -

Greg B
IE # 118
Member # 886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg B   Author's Homepage   Email Greg B         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay I just registered.

--------------------
http://www.boonestoons.com
http://www.spacefool.com

jeffnevins
IE # 247
Member # 1657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeffnevins   Author's Homepage   Email jeffnevins         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the new website.
I tried registering, but couldn't get the confirmation code to work each time. Maybe I'm in the system already... It said I need to wait; maybe I'll get the code next time. Looks good, though.

--------------------
My game art & animation-
http://www.tangerinepop.com/GraveShift2/

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Greg, you're cleared. Jeff, I'm not sure what you're referring to. Try submitting your registration again. It's a simple process.

--------------------
 -

Izzyguard
Member # 3660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Izzyguard   Email Izzyguard         Edit/Delete Post 
This new site is so awesome! I'll be uploading some stuff in the gallery very soon. I cannot wait to use the new forums!

--------------------
DeviantART | Facebook

Izzyguard
Member # 3660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Izzyguard   Email Izzyguard         Edit/Delete Post 
I was trying to log in and it wouldn't let me and I was like, OH NO WHAT DID I DO D:

I'm gonna register now hahah I feel silly.

--------------------
DeviantART | Facebook

sykohyko
IE # 264
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sykohyko   Author's Homepage   Email sykohyko         Edit/Delete Post 
awesome!!

--------------------
www.moolt.com

http://www.youtube.com/harutoon

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

That seems to be the concensus with everyone so far, glad folks are feeling that way.

The input I've been getting from folks so far has been very helpful and I'm getting a better idea about how to approach both forums.

The new forums are easy to use and registration is a quick and efficient. We've had a good group register so far and the traffic that's coming to the new forums, although it's not matching this current one yet, it's holding up with consistency over the past 3 days.

Have fun with them. If you're not sure how to do things as far as posting images or video just ask and we'll be happy to explain it. This is a great new territory for our community, and you're welcome to enjoy. We hope to continue to positively serve animation through this new aspect of AN.

--------------------
 -

Skynet
Administrator
Member # 3539

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skynet   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I will put up a tutorial as soon as I can to help everyone see how the new features work. The "BB Code" in the new forum is similar in how it works with the "UBB Code" in this forum except it can do a lot more, such as embed media. You can upload images as long as they are below a certain file size and they will be automatically setup in a special interactive gallery plugin. You can see how it works by checking out the posts in the gallery that have more than one image.

The only time some people may encounter a problem is if they are using older browsers or a system setup that is not common, but this should be rare. Everything is working on my end on both PC and Mac. If anyone notices anything strange, please let me know.

I've been told about a situation where the vimeo BB Code is not working on PC but I haven't been able to duplicate it so I'm wondering if anyone else experiences this.

--------------------
skynet[at]animationnation.com
http://www.alivenotdead.com/slipperysky
http://www.slipperysky.com

Skynet
Administrator
Member # 3539

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skynet   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
If the captcha (place where you have to enter the letters and numbers) is giving you a problem, you can refresh it to try to get something that is easier to read. I don't think you have to use capitals. You can type lower case letters and the numbers. Also, if you don't have a website you can leave the "www.website.com" in the input field and just mention this in the box right above it. If anyone has a registration problem you can email me directly at the email in my signature here.

--------------------
skynet[at]animationnation.com
http://www.alivenotdead.com/slipperysky
http://www.slipperysky.com

jeffnevins
IE # 247
Member # 1657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeffnevins   Author's Homepage   Email jeffnevins         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in. Thanks. I kept entering the wrong code after 12+ hours of work- yeah it was a simple proccess.

--------------------
My game art & animation-
http://www.tangerinepop.com/GraveShift2/

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Glad to hear it Jeff.

I love the new forums. They've changed my attitude toward the site. I don't see it as a battleground and an ordeal like before, I see it as something bright and shiney and motivating like a new Chevy Camaro.

It's easy to register guys. Follow this link and move your account over if you have one, or start a new one with us. It's very easy on both sides of the process.

http://www.animationnation.com/community/ucp.php?mode=register&sid=b2c25eccfb7c7c77b241dcd 3f7be25ad

--------------------
 -

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

We're keeping the current forum open for a little while longer to help with the transition to the new one, so I encourage you if you're already on AN and want to continue with your membership to register your account at the new place by following the link in the post above.

We're going to expand the number and nature of the new forums. We plan on having a section for News and Current Events to replace that aspect of the current Side Topics Forum.

We're rethinking Festivals and Events and the Business Forum.

We're open to your suggestions so feel free to offer them.

--------------------
 -

E. Allen
IE # 301
Member # 3297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for E. Allen   Email E. Allen         Edit/Delete Post 
Already signed up, for my part.

I'm extremely excited about these forums, and the new direction AN is taking. I will be a more active participant soon enough.

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

We had the best day so far traffic wise on the new forums since we made them public last week. Other interesting stats forming up. The new forums are getting 2 to 3 times more pageviews per visitor on average than the old ones, and also the average length of time on the new forums per visitor is very high.

A reminder that if you're registering on the new forums, your account won't be cleared if you don't provide basic info about yourself to the staff. We'll need to know who you are and you should also verify your identity through a link to your site or blog. Please keep this in mind when registering.

--------------------
 -

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

The links on the AN homepage to the forums now lead to the new forums.

Activity here will shift to the new forums where we can embed video and upload graphics easily as well as engage in discussions.

To register with the new forums follow this link:

http://www.animationnation.com/community/ucp.php?mode=register

--------------------
 -

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012