AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » Animation Nation Night May 25th 2010

Author Topic: Animation Nation Night May 25th 2010
Don Bluth Productions
IE # 89
Member # 2512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Bluth Productions   Author's Homepage   Email Don Bluth Productions         Edit/Delete Post 
I was very gratified by the opportunity to speak to the members and guests of Animation Nation on Tuesday night, May 25th. The energy that I felt emanating from the audience was very positive and open to receiving fresh ideas. I'd like to personally offer a special thanks to Charles, SnakeBite and Adrian for making this amazing evening possible. I would also like to congratulate them for providing excellent instruction through the Animation Academy. It was amazing to see how many of those in attendance were willing to share their ideas with each other; this is truly the spirit of creativity. I hope that many of you will decide to develop your acting skills and your understanding of music; it is part of our job as animators to be continually growing. Good luck with this.

DonBluthAnimation.com is currently located in Arizona so we cannot interact with you as often as we would like on a personal level but we will continue to teach traditional animation principles in three different ways from our own website.

1)Don Bluth's Live Seminar:
Every Wednesday at 4:00 PM Arizona time, Don's Club members can interact directly with Don and discuss their animation challenges through our live broadcast over the Internet.

2) The Animation Work Shop:
This program is currently being developed to teach classes online through a live broadcast. Animation Students will be given scene assignments and receive a one-on-one instruction and critique by Don.

3) The Master Class:
For those interested in coming to Arizona to receive a five day crash course in traditional animation techniques, this is the program for you. The Class will be limited in size and students will be instructed personally by Don. Our next Animation Master Class begins on July 5th - 9th.
Don Bluth Master Class

I believe that the revival of the hand-drawn animated feature film hinges on whether or not the animators will improve their skills in acting, music, and all relevant forms of entertainment. I know you can do it. Make it happen!

--------------------
 -
http://www.donbluthanimation.com

IP: Logged
SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
You are the man, Don Bluth! I really hope people heard your wisdom. You were touching upon some serious stuff. Big picture stuff.

I had coffee with a Director friend today who showed up to your event. He was really inspired
by your words. I know I was, big time. So reaffirming to my path.

Your talent, experience, grace and humility is something to live up to. A challenge for this punk ass right here. I can only hope to touch upon a fraction of your sense and sensibility before I pass this life.

Much respect! Lets do it again real soon...on a grander scale!

--------------------
contact@animationnation.com
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com
www.myspace.com/redskystudio

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
You were beyond fantastic last Tuesday evening Don. The entire animation community owes you a debt of gratitude. Not just for your appearance, but for everything you've done and continue to do for the art.

Thanks a thousand times over for an experience that will not soon be forgotten, especially when the video is edited and the world can see you and hear what you had to say.

God bless you Don Bluth.

--------------------
 -

Greg B
IE # 118
Member # 886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg B   Author's Homepage   Email Greg B         Edit/Delete Post 
Don Bluth teaching??? Oh a MUST have course! Got me a cute girlfriend livin' nearby and will give me an excuse to stop by for a visit!

--------------------
http://www.boonestoons.com
http://www.spacefool.com

SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Why is it every time we're talking about cool stuff I gotta hear about your love life some how? Jeebus.
Don Bluth, man. Don Bluth. [Frown]

--------------------
contact@animationnation.com
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com
www.myspace.com/redskystudio

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012