AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » Scottish Ninjas

Author Topic: Scottish Ninjas
Drunken Master
Member # 3678

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drunken Master   Author's Homepage   Email Drunken Master         Edit/Delete Post 
Synopsis:

A thousand years ago

A well liquored Scott wandered the seaside, discovered a mysterious bottle and drank its contents.

Unbeknown to him, it contained the trapped spirit of an ancient Japanese warrior!

Now with two spirits, the way of the Scottish Ninja was born!

He adopted three young orphaned lads to train in the ancient ways.

All grown, they are sent to America to find their place in the world.

Once there, they begin their quest to balance the use of excessive force, honor, and near lethal quantities of whiskey...all while searching for the American Dream.

Opening Titles Video

Scottish Ninjas is a project we are developing for television in hopes that it gets picked up as an animated series. Imagine Kill Bill vol. 1, Braveheart, and Southpark all mixed together into a tasty haggis of hacking, hewing, and hilarity.

CHARACTER VIGNETTES:

A Moment With A Scottish Ninja - Aidan

A Moment With A Scottish Ninja - Finn

A Moment With A Scottish Ninja - Lachlan

A Moment With A Scottish Ninja - Dave

A Moment With A Scottish Ninja - The Executioner

A Moment With A Scottish Ninja - Evil Ninja

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

We are here looking to talk shop with fellow animation lovers, spark some dialog, and if we are lucky...build a lil buzz about the concept. We recently finished a 20 minute pilot that we are shopping around. I can post some clips here if people are interested in seeing more.

--------------------
www.scottishninjas.com

IP: Logged
Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there Drunken Master, thanks for showcasing Scottish Ninjas here. Pretty darn hilarious. I'm impressed with the animation. At first I didn't think it would be as good as it is, and am pleasantly surprised by it. Good luck with this, looking forward to the pilot episode. We'll be happy to promote the project on AN.

--------------------
 -

Drunken Master
Member # 3678

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drunken Master   Author's Homepage   Email Drunken Master         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the kind words, Charles. Yeah, we get quite a few "I wasn't sure what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised" comments. Which is what we were aiming for while making it. We are well aware that "Scottish Ninjas" is a ridiculous concept [Smile] ... but the title is too strange to ignore. So we use that as the hook, but then we surprise you by having some quality behind the concept so that it isn't just some shallow gimmick. I am glad you enjoyed the clips and thanks for helping to promote the cartoon. It's greatly appreciated!

--------------------
www.scottishninjas.com

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
If you haven't been featured at ColdHardFlash.com yet, you should be. The contact is Aaron Simpson who runs the site.

http://ColdHardFlash.com

--------------------
 -

Drunken Master
Member # 3678

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll do that!

By the way, here are some more clips.

Scottish Ninjas™ Clip #1 – A Lovely Bunch Of Coconuts

Scottish Ninjas™ Clip #2 – Sweet Angel

Scottish Ninjas™ Clip #3 – Don't Judge Me!

Scottish Ninjas™ Clip #4 – Action News!

--------------------
www.scottishninjas.com

Drunken Master
Member # 3678

Just got another clip online. In this thrilling moment, Finn wakes up after his prior encounter with The Executioner, only to find that he is out of the frying pan and into the fire!

Scottish Ninjas Clip #5 - Stand Off

--------------------
www.scottishninjas.com

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
I really enjoy what you're doing. Thanks for posting these episodes. When we switch to the new forums we'll be able to embed the video directly to the forum page. Hope that you'll continue to be a part of AN when we make the transition.

--------------------
 -

Drunken Master
Member # 3678

You had me at "embed".

--------------------
www.scottishninjas.com

Drunken Master
Member # 3678

Another thrilling clip from the Scottish Ninjas pilot episode! In this clip, we see The Executioner at his darkest, as he learns what happens when you mess with family!

Scottish Ninjas™ Clip #6 - Get Your Filthy Paws Off Me!

--------------------
www.scottishninjas.com

Drunken Master
Member # 3678

We recently submitted Scottish Ninjas in Animation Magazine’s 2010 “Pitch Party Contest”. What is the “Pitch Party Contest” you ask? You can read all about it, HERE. But to make a long story short, the top 3 winners get an advertisement of their cartoon printed in the August edition of Animation Magazine, and the top winner gets to pitch their cartoon directly to an executive of their choice. Voting has now started and we ask that if you are a fan of Scottish Ninjas, to please vote for our cartoon. Click HERE to visit the voting page. All entries are in alphabetical order, so scroll down until you see our kilted heroes. Check the box directly under our ad. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Submit” button. Winners are decided on July 2nd.

Spread the word! VOTE SCOTTISH NINJAS!

Thank you for your time & support, Animation Nation.

-

--------------------
www.scottishninjas.com

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Embeded the video on the new forums as well...

http://www.animationnation.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=62

Thanks also for posting the link to Animation Magazine's Pitch Party Contest. You guys got my vote.

Here's the voting page once again...

http://www.animationmagazine.net/pitch_party_2010_vote.html

--------------------
 -

Drunken Master
Member # 3678

Thanks for embedding on the new forums, Charles. Do I need to re-register for that forum, or is my username and password on this forum work for that one as well?

--------------------
www.scottishninjas.com

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

You'll have to re-register for the new forums DM. Feel free to use both forums for showcasing Scottish Ninjas. I'm using both simultaneously and it seems to be working out pretty well.

--------------------
 -

Drunken Master
Member # 3678

Any Animation Nation members in the Seattle area? If so, the Seattle branch of ASIFA will be having a screening of the Scottish Ninjas pilot followed by a Q'nA session with the creators. It's taking place on Wednesday July 14th at the St. Andrews Pub. The fun starts around 7pm and is free. So any animation nation members in the Seattle area, feel free to come down and join us for some fun!

And lastly, here is another bit of animation. Enjoy!

Scottish Ninjas Clip #7 - A Fallen Brother

--------------------
www.scottishninjas.com

Drunken Master
Member # 3678

We are pleased to announce that the Scottish Ninjas pilot episode, “A Very Scottish Pilot”, is among the official selections for the 2010 Independent Television Festival in LA!

ITVFest, is the premier festival in the world for independently produced television pilots and webseries. It is the festival where up and coming talent in television and new media can show their wares directly to a live audience and meet with industry professionals.

The festival takes place from July 30th – August 5th at LA’s Laemmle Sunset 5 theatre. Our cartoon will be screened on Aug 3rd along with a block of 3 other animated pilots starting at 6:30pm. If you happen to live in the LA area and would like to join us at our LA screening, you can get passes HERE. These passes let you see all 4 animated pilots, not just ours...which adds up to approx 2 hours of entertaining toons.

We hope to see some animation nation members at the screening! Please stop by and say hi. We'll be the ones in the kilts and Scottish Ninjas t-shirts. [Smile]
 -

--------------------
www.scottishninjas.com

Drunken Master
Member # 3678

Reminder to all. Our LA premiere screening via ITVFest is happening tomorrow, Aug 3rd at 6:30pm. It'll be screening at the Laemmle theatre at 8000 Sunset Blvd. Please come out and support the cartoon if you are in the area. There is some interest from various studios and networks and the more people who come to support the show, the better we look to the big cheeses. And with a little luck, it'll sell out. You can get tickets at the box office of the theater. We will be screening with 3 other cartoons. Stop by and say hi...we'll be the guys in the kilts.

--------------------
www.scottishninjas.com

Drunken Master
Member # 3678

We have a new Scottish Ninjas short webisode titled "Life After Death?" It's a tasty haggis stuffed full of death, resurrection and unexplained miracles. Please enjoy this dose of gratuitous violence and existential conversation…in kilts. [Smile]

Scottish Ninjas - "Life After Death?" Webisode

--------------------
www.scottishninjas.com

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Follow this link to the New AN Forums and see the latest episode of Scottish Ninjas...

http://animationnation.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1474

--------------------
 -

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012