AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » William Shatner will be hosting 37th Annie Awards ceremony

Author Topic: William Shatner will be hosting 37th Annie Awards ceremony
Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
Annie's 37th Annual Awards Host Announced

WILLIAM SHATNER TO HOST 37TH ANNUAL ANNIE AWARDS
ASIFA-Hollywood is proud to announce the Emmy and Golden Globe-winning actor, director, producer and one of pop culture's most recognizable figures, William Shatner, will host the 37th Annual Annie Awards on Saturday, February 6, 2010, at UCLA's Royce Hall in Los Angeles, CA. The black-tie evening begins with a pre-reception at 5 p.m. followed by the Annie Awards ceremony at 7 p.m. and post award party at 10 p.m. All events will be held at Royce Hall. The Annie Awards ceremony will also be webcasted on www.annieawards.org beginning Tuesday, February 9, 2010.

http://annieawards.org/

--------------------
 -

IP: Logged
SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0hTtsqiFCc

--------------------
contact@animationnation.com
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com
www.myspace.com/redskystudio

acme
IE # 51
Member # 1591

Icon 14 posted      Profile for acme   Author's Homepage   Email acme         Edit/Delete Post 
Got my tickets already!

Or as Shatner would say it

Got.......my Tickets...already! [unimpressed]

--------------------
Zane Kohler

-

dermot
IE # 193
Member # 1575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dermot   Author's Homepage   Email dermot         Edit/Delete Post 
on another note I saw Shatners roast over the holidays on the comedy channel and I can see why Nimoy avoided it

It was the most vulgar and repulsive collection of off colour jokes about gay sex and sluts ever put on TV and made me sick

you could see shots of Simon ( AGT ) cringing in the audience as I'm sure most were

what a view into what they think is funny.....and how unimaginative they really are when it comes to comedy.

--------------------
http://zoomfrog.blogspot.com/

Animagus
IE # 49
Member # 279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Animagus   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
He's going to be the ...HOST..of the...Annies, where he'll be...responsible for...entertaining over... 1800 members of the animation and show business community....
As soon as I heard this news, I made sure to complete the purchase of my tickets immediatly. I'm sure they've just become a hot commodity. If you've never been to see the Annies live, you should go to Ticketmaster and see if they still have any of those $25 general admission tickets. It's too good a deal to pass up.
I know Shatner provided voices for such films as Osmosis Jones and Over the Hedge, and let's not forget the Filmation animated "Trek" series. Of course, 2009 was also a year in which a hit movie came out in which he famously did NOT appear, but now that we know about black holes, red matter, etc. maybe he'll be in one of the next ones. But who cares!? Honestly! He's going to be beaming onto the stage at Royce Hall!
My question: Speaking of beaming,now that we have bigger celebrities hosting and appearing at the Annies, and since animation is so hot, when, oh when will these awards be televised? Will I see a day when I no longer have to explain to people what these awards are?

--------------------
www.robertgold.blogspot.com

E. Allen
IE # 301
Member # 3297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for E. Allen   Email E. Allen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh . . . my God I . . . just blinked.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012