AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » Calling All RPG Players, Animators, Designers, And ppl who love art!!!

Author Topic: Calling All RPG Players, Animators, Designers, And ppl who love art!!!
GWAStudios
Member # 3625

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GWAStudios   Author's Homepage   Email GWAStudios         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone at XNA. The is going to be my last question for about a month so I wanted to get this out of the way right now before I go into my studies and create. This question is for anyone who loved RPG games. I have been working on a story for 1 and a half years; all throughout the final year of high school I have been rewriting and editing this storyline to fit within my expectations for a good game. The story has been rewritten probably about 4-5 times and I have finally been able to pick one that sounds right to me. I have been creating a script for it (started in December 2009) and I paused at a certain point because I keep thinking of new dialog for each character of the game, I’m allowing my imaginations to run wild. I feel that my artwork will not be fit for this game but I will be taking a few art classes in order to get the characters within my dream expectations. I am quite proud of my current idea; but I will need your help. Currently I am reading RPG Programming using XNA Game Studio 3.0: by Jim Perry and I am asking for certain gameplay ideas. The game that I have been working on is an action 2D platforming RPG (or you can just call it an action RPG for short).

1. What type of monsters would you enjoy to see within this game? (pls note that you will not have to be specific if it’s some sort of zombie or vampire it will be altered so that it can become stable to this environments).

2. How would you like your gameplay to be (are you a Rambo run and gun? would you rather stay back and stealth fully kill your opponent? or how about a defensive player that only fights to protects his friend or himself?

3. What type of missions do you enjoy (rather self explanatory)

4. And my final question is the sites (places or interest, such as the Japanese gardens, or Australian outback , ECT)

Please help me out because you guy will be the judge of this game and all of the main characters reaction will be involved on what actions you choose. Me, I prefer a rather past tense scenery. That is why Inuyasha was my most favorite anime of all time.
So to make all matter short, sweet and to the point I want you answer of a good game ^_^

Thank you
- Aurelious Alston

--------------------
www.GWAGames.com

IP: Logged
SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I was never into Roll Playing Games. I did it once and the Dungeon Master didn't like me so he killed me off early.

But I can tell you that in fantasy worlds, I like element monsters/beasts. the type that blend into their environment and when they come alive they take a piece of that environment with them.

--------------------
contact@animationnation.com
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com
www.myspace.com/redskystudio

Paburrows
Member # 3300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paburrows   Email Paburrows         Edit/Delete Post 
I once watched some friends play a game and have to say that it was probably one of the most surreal experiences of my life. Not really a fan, but to each his own.

--------------------
http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/

E. Allen
IE # 301
Member # 3297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for E. Allen   Email E. Allen         Edit/Delete Post 
The feeling of total freedom can't, I think, be replicated, but games like Red Faction, Halo and the Grand Theft Auto series come the closest. Those are the type of games that I like the most; games where you're in the first person when handling your weapon of choice, whether it's a sword or a gun or a bazooka--any kid of weapon--and the camera's not stuck on fixed perspective mode or some wack jack crap like that.

Fully realized, immersible, destructible vast environments--but that may be a tall order for an independent game studio!

ColorInAble
IE # 68
Member # 1444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ColorInAble   Author's Homepage   Email ColorInAble         Edit/Delete Post 
truthfully, I'd rather see games with soft goals that promote social interaction as opposed to just another shoot em up.
I know, what I'm asking for is the arena of a few Wii games, and not much else. And I suspect that few here have any interest in a game like I am suggesting.
It is the open future of gaming though. There are many Orch killing games already, but still just a scant few that let you come up with a good outfit, or let you create a fun character on your own.
I wish you good luck on bringing more of the same to the RPG game space, but those like myself left that behind years ago, you can only kill so many Orchs before it gets redundant.
Who is this Jim Perry you are talking about?
Here's a link to my non-score based game, The ColorInAble Ensemble Emporium... If you get some characters to dress up, you can RPG to your hearts content...
And the loser is the one YOU decide is dressed the worst...

--------------------
 -

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012