AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » DRAWING ON TWO'S

Author Topic: DRAWING ON TWO'S
GWAStudios
Member # 3625

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GWAStudios   Author's Homepage   Email GWAStudios         Edit/Delete Post 
Now I understand that I should have put this within the same topic as the dope sheet pg; but I need an immediate answer to this it’s very important. Now I have been studying animation independently), so I seen some information on drawing in twos. Now I have watched Richard Williams (almost) entire DVD set on animation and I believe I got the hang of it. There is just one thing that still baffles me… drawing in twos. Can someone give me some example of animated movie that was drawn in twos? I apologize for the frequent post (visual learner), and if you ever get the chance to watch the DVD set congrats because that is pretty good (for 5 $200.00 it better be (thanks eBay lol) ^_^

--------------------
www.GWAGames.com

IP: Logged
EustaceScrubb
IE # 37
Member # 862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EustaceScrubb           Edit/Delete Post 
Almost any traditional animated film has scenes animated with a combination of 2's and 1's.

Most animation can be planned on 2's . Anything that is matching to a pan background or really fast action should be done on 1's .

The majority of scenes can be animated on 2's with selective use of 1's when needed. There's no rule that you can't switch back and forth from 1's to 2's within the same scene.

Look at this Frank Thomas scene from The Jungle Book. It's mostly 2's , but has some 1's :

Frank Thomas "Mowgli" scene from The Jungle Book

--------

IP: Logged

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012