AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » Tripod's "War of the Worlds: Goliath" trailer is up

Author Topic: Tripod's "War of the Worlds: Goliath" trailer is up
Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
Got the news this afternoon and sharing it with the community.

Tripod Entertainment has just uploaded their first trailer for the film.

It's a great two minute piece that introduces the characters, their world and the scale of the movie.

I'm told that most of the footage is still a work in progress, with lots of little things to improve upon, but they decided that overall, it's compelling enough and strong enough as it is to post now and start the buzz, so let's get started.

They've also uploaded a 12 minute 'Behind the Scenes' segment where the team talks a bit about the origin and production of the movie.

You can access both of them at -

www.wotw-goliath.com

They're also putting up their third production blog on the movie, where they talk about their presentation at the San Diego Comic Con last month and show a lot of photos, at the "War of the Worlds: Goliath" site at the Heavy Metal Magazine website -

http://www.heavymetal.com/wotw/

Lots to enjoy about the upcoming movie.

It's a thrill, my sincere pleasure and a genuine privilege to help spread the word about every aspect of WOTW: Goliath. Joe Pearson, my great friend and long time brother in the biz, is the producer, motivating force, and all around genuis behind the film.

And if you're looking for yet another model to showcase of an artist who can draw and went on to blaze his own singular trail in animation, I'd be hard pressed to find anyone I can feature who can top his ever continuing legacy.

Good luck and best wishes for the film's stellar success to Joe, his associates at Tripod Entertainment, and all involved in this Epoch.

--------------------
 -

IP: Logged
SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I hung out with Joe and crew pretty much the whole con, I was at the Heavy Metal booth and I can tell you that the quality of people behind the production reflect the quality of the production itself...top notch! I got an interview with them I will put up shortly.

--------------------
contact@animationnation.com
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com
www.myspace.com/redskystudio

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
This is the Revolution! This is what we've been talking about for more than 25 years!

Joe and I became friends in March, 1985 at DIC. It was his first gig in animation, and we immediately bonded. We saw what was going on and shared philosophies about how the artists will one day rule the industry and it's coming to pass right in front of not only our own eyes, but the eyes of the world!

Joe is an artist. He drew for a living. He was the creative force behind Crash Bandicoot when it was orginally being developed.

Joe brokers deals that involve international finance and he's been doing it for years. He's worked with the Malaysian government to set up this production. He's a great guy, very personable, very creative, ambitious in a good way. He produced this, wrote it, directed it, scored the deal... he's a shark in the tank of our biz! Top of the foodchain! Look what he's done, and what he's doing!

A happy day for AN and for the community in general, and it'll be even better when WOTW: Goliath is a wrap in the can.

--------------------
 -

Greg B
IE # 118
Member # 886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg B   Author's Homepage   Email Greg B         Edit/Delete Post 
You can't beat invading martians, giant robots, vintage aircraft, and anime.

H.G. Wells meets anime. Gotta see it.

--------------------
http://www.boonestoons.com
http://www.spacefool.com

dermot
IE # 193
Member # 1575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dermot   Author's Homepage   Email dermot         Edit/Delete Post 
An ambitous project to be sure....and I don't doubt that I see a lot of awesome work in there. But I also cringe at some things I have seen before.....design...writing and art-direction......it still shows there is a lot of ground to make up before you get it just exactly right for mainstream american families . I think you know what I mean.... for example Toy Story when it first came out ( as a comparison )

I have no doubt it will show some decent results with the young male demo.....but somehow I sense it won't be a mainstream money-maker . It feels perhaps too slick or "cold" in many ways and yet thin in others to really have me "care" as much as we did about say....the villagers in Nausica .

Yes....more power to the artist producers ! Anything that helps the industry evolve is a step forward and this will be a good example of how you can do at least as well as or better than some other features ( you know which ones heheheh )

--------------------
http://zoomfrog.blogspot.com/

SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Go to our home page media player and check out our episode of Frontlines where I interview Joe and team.

--------------------
contact@animationnation.com
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com
www.myspace.com/redskystudio

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012