Member # 862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EustaceScrubb           Edit/Delete Post 
First official trailer (not just a "teaser") ---

"The Princess & The Frog " trailer on YouTube

IP: Logged
robster16
IE # 160
Member # 620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robster16   Email robster16         Edit/Delete Post 
I teared up. Nuff said!
Dan P.
IE # 248
Member # 893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan P.   Email Dan P.         Edit/Delete Post 
Forgive the negativity, as I really am glad that Disney is at least giving traditional animation another shot, but this looks very much like an imitation of the great ole Disney flicks rather than the real stuff. It just isn't very well drawn and the animation looks quite sub-par when compared with Disney from the 90s.

I do hope the film attracts a large audience and gives Lassetter an excuse to keep doing these and get better while they're at it. But as of now, you can see the Disney boys are a little rusty.

siskavard
Member # 3175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for siskavard   Author's Homepage   Email siskavard         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it looks great, but adding to what Dan P. is saying, I think it will take a couple for them to hit their stride once again.

They're a little rusty, it's been a while! I can forgive them for that.

Animagus
IE # 49
Member # 279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Animagus   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like the frog is, himself, a traditional animator. At around 1:07/08, he appears to be flipping drawings (the pages of the storybook).

--------------------
www.robertgold.blogspot.com

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012