AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » "STOKED" - Sneak Preview

Author Topic: "STOKED" - Sneak Preview
Sketchbook
IE # 135
Member # 1581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketchbook   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Everyone,

Recently we found that someone has posted a low-res trailer for our new Flash-Animated TV series called "Stoked", on Youtube... I checked to see if I could pass it around... and I've posted it on my new Art and Animation Blog at the following link:

STOKED - Sneak Preview and Blog Post

It's a new Teen Comedy based on Surfing and Surf Culture, that is coming to Teletoon (Canada) at the end of June, and Cartoon Network (USA) a week or so later.

I have been a part of the core team developing this show since the beginning... in Animation, Design and especially creating the Flash Ocean and Wave Effects. Now I handle all the surfing shots in the show working closely with traditional Effects animators, and I composite all the elements in the final shots in the original Flash files...adding a 'freehand camera' feel for more realism.

It's too bad the quality is low on this video, as there is such attention to detail put into the art direction, backgrounds, and effects in the show... but you'll be able to see it in full HD detail in a couple months!

Anyways... enjoy!

Also, for those interested... I have other posts on my blog about my past Animation Career projects, my personal Art and Animation projects, and my Tutorials... With many more to come.

Visit the main page at:
www.mikehogue.com

Thanks for checking it out!

--------------------
Mike

-

IP: Logged
knowledge
IE # 258
Member # 462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowledge   Email knowledge         Edit/Delete Post 
That looks really fun! Great job!
SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
WOW, WAY TO GO! that looks great!! can we put it in AN's "trailer" category for our home page movie player?

Congratulation to everyone involved!!!

--------------------
contact@animationnation.com
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com
www.myspace.com/redskystudio

Skynet
Administrator
Member # 3539

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skynet   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool!

Yeah, let us know and we'll put it up in the video player.

--------------------
skynet[at]animationnation.com
http://www.alivenotdead.com/slipperysky
http://www.slipperysky.com

Sketchbook
IE # 135
Member # 1581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketchbook   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I know, it would be Ok... as this was posted on Youtube, not an exclusive site. There were a couple copies of it on youtube before we found it at work. If I am asked to take it down from my site, I will let you know so you can do the same. I did ask ahead of time, and was told it was Ok to pass it around.

I noticed some of the scenes in the current trailer are missing the final effects... like surf-board trails in the water for example. Nothing major, but expect even more 'polish' when it goes to air. [Cool]

The finished episodes are looking great, and the sound and music mix adds so much to the surfing footage. The characters have really fun personalities, and excellent voice acting as well.

Cheers,

--------------------
Mike

-

Striker
IE # 210
Member # 470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Striker   Email Striker         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey nice! I didn't realize that a trailer was available yet, but it looks great!

As one of the character designers on the show I have to say that although it hasn't been as easy as some shows (lots and LOTS of detail goes into the characters) it certainly has been fun. Thanks for posting this Mike!

--------------------
Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open.
- Thomas Dewar

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012