AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » Mytoons.com

Author Topic: Mytoons.com
rocktoonz
Member # 594

Icon 9 posted      Profile for rocktoonz   Author's Homepage   Email rocktoonz         Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently Mytoons.com has closed down. Does any one know anything about this?

--------------------
www.cheekypress.com

IP: Logged
EustaceScrubb
IE # 37
Member # 862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EustaceScrubb           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/01/29/not-funny-mytoons-implodes-amidst-serious-drama/

According to that article they laid off most of the staff without warning in late January. Read the article for other details .

and this one from San Antonio Express-News:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/local/MyToonscom_lays_off_some_staff.html

For a while they tried to keep up the appearance that they were still in business , with CEO Dan Kraus issuing the usual corporate " no worries , we're just downsizing a bit" type of statement:

quote:
"Given the current economic climate, MyToons, like many other companies, has reduced its staffing and is re-structuring its operations. MyToons continues to be in business, remains committed to the platform it has built and intends to pursue all opportunities for growth."
However, this week they abruptly pulled the plug on the MyToons site without a word of warning to any of their users , just like they did to the Bauhaus Software/Mirage user community a couple of years ago after repeatedly promising everyone that everything was fine and the future was rosy. Then one day the whole Bauhaus Software/Mirage forum and the Bauhaus website just disappeared -- POOF! -- with no warning (but with a prominent link to what they proclaimed was "the future of animation 2.0" : My Toons
rocktoonz
Member # 594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rocktoonz   Author's Homepage   Email rocktoonz         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info. That's really too bad. I had a few things up there and their HD server was smooth. We'll see what's next...

--------------------
www.cheekypress.com

acme
IE # 51
Member # 1591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for acme   Author's Homepage   Email acme         Edit/Delete Post 
I literally just signed up like last week [unimpressed]

I am glad I procrastinated before wasting time on creating my page look.

It is sad about the people loosing their jobs however.

--------------------
Zane Kohler

-

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012