AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » The Woods Of Wisdom - New animated Gatorade commercial

Author Topic: The Woods Of Wisdom - New animated Gatorade commercial
Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
At around 11:40 PM last night on CBS TV, I caught this great 2D animated commercial featuring Tiger Woods as a kid. It aired during a wrap up of the first round of this year's Masters Tournament which got underway yesterday.

Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_pkN633LgQ

"New Gatorade Tiger - It's Hydration For Concentration" on AnimationNation.

--------------------
 -

IP: Logged
EustaceScrubb
IE # 37
Member # 862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EustaceScrubb           Edit/Delete Post 
Designed and animated by R&R Animation ( Rune Bennicke and Rosana Urbes ) !

http://flipbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

http://www.runebennicke.com/

Sergio Pablos
Member # 1841

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sergio Pablos   Email Sergio Pablos         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Rune did Co-Direct the Spot, absolutely. But it was the humble guys at Animagic (Spain)who animated this, along with another Spot, and a Webisode currently in production.

Not to take the spotlight from Rune. God knows we couldn't have done this without him. One of the most talented artists I know.

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
You guys did a kick ass job! Big congrats to everyone involved!

--------------------
 -

knowledge
IE # 258
Member # 462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowledge   Email knowledge         Edit/Delete Post 
Great job Sergio! Rune only compliments your own abilities!
EustaceScrubb
IE # 37
Member # 862

Icon 14 posted      Profile for EustaceScrubb           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry , Sergio. I wasn't aware that they had sent animation to you guys at Animagic. I only remember talking to Rune about it last year and he mentioned that they were working on some Tiger Woods related commercials.
jeffnevins
IE # 247
Member # 1657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeffnevins   Author's Homepage   Email jeffnevins         Edit/Delete Post 
Since I don't do TV, I would've completely missed this. So thanks for posting.

The last ad I saw was the Monkey Beijing Olympics spot.

Great work on this.

--------------------
My game art & animation-
http://www.tangerinepop.com/GraveShift2/

toonstruck
Member # 1846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for toonstruck   Email toonstruck         Edit/Delete Post 
Credit should be going to the right people. Dont ya think?
Sergio Pablos
Member # 1841

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sergio Pablos   Email Sergio Pablos         Edit/Delete Post 
Please don't get me wrong. Rune deserves the credit. He, along with Jean Peramont, the other Director, created the look and the style, and lead the Animation team every step of the way.

On top of this, Rune is currently producing the next Spot of this series entirely at his studio.

Richard
Member # 247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard   Email Richard         Edit/Delete Post 
Both Animagic And Rune did paramount work on these adds. I'd love to see more stuff like this!

Also, a question for Rune. How long did each commercial take to create start to finish?

--------------------
www.richardjgaines.blogspot.com

acme
IE # 51
Member # 1591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for acme   Author's Homepage   Email acme         Edit/Delete Post 
Very cool stuff. I am going to be doing a golf swing for my next school assignment. Kind of cool to see this. Great inspiration!

--------------------
Zane Kohler

-

Sergio Pablos
Member # 1841

I don't know if Rune roams around these parts, but I can try and answer your question, Richard.

I don't know how long they were working on the Story Board before I was brought in, but it was 12 weeks in total for both commercials since we started Lay Out until we delivered the Clean Up scans. Add a couple of weeks for Post-Production (handled by our very talented friends at Pepper Films, who were also the originators and main responsible for this project), and that should give you an idea. Both Spots were produced simultaneously, so it would be hard to know exactly how long each of them took.

By the way, thank you all for your words of encouragement. It's nice to still see such appreciation for Traditional Animation.

toonstruck
Member # 1846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for toonstruck   Email toonstruck         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you said something Sergio. I just found it odd that throughout this thread, there was no mention of Pepper Films.

As far as I know. Which may not be much. [Smile] Rune is doing the character animation for the next spot, but the backgrounds, painting, effects, basically everything else is being handled elsewhere. How much of that is at Pepper. I'm not entirely sure.

Richard
Member # 247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard   Email Richard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot Sergio!

--------------------
www.richardjgaines.blogspot.com

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012