AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » Happy Animation Day 2009 !!!

Author Topic: Happy Animation Day 2009 !!!
Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
It's April 1st!

--------------------
 -

IP: Logged
LeftyMcKay
IE # 168
Member # 2558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeftyMcKay   Author's Homepage   Email LeftyMcKay         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Animation Day!
I just found out that Denmark is celebrating Animationsdagen (Animation Day) on May 8.

--------------------
 -

bigshot
Member # 1024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigshot   Email bigshot         Edit/Delete Post 
International Animation Day is October 2nd. Lots of days to celebrate animation.
Law
IE # 112
Member # 1348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Law   Author's Homepage   Email Law         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Animation Day!
(I wish I could have been there last night)

-L

--------------------
www.lawrencejackson.com

raymundio
IE # 35
Member # 466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for raymundio           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Animation Nation Day!
I'm sorry I couldn't make it last night as it was my original intention.

Plai
IE # 298
Member # 3529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Plai   Author's Homepage   Email Plai         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Animation Nation day to all!

--------------------
Plai.tv

acme
IE # 51
Member # 1591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for acme   Author's Homepage   Email acme         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Animation day everyone! [cheers]

--------------------
Zane Kohler

-

toonedbob
IE # 45
Member # 422

Icon 1 posted      Profile for toonedbob   Email toonedbob         Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup]

The day just got better...

knowledge
IE # 258
Member # 462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowledge   Email knowledge         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Animation Day! Do something with your animation today that you can be proud of!
SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
BREAK DANCE!!!!!

happy animation Day!!

--------------------
contact@animationnation.com
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com
www.myspace.com/redskystudio

ColorInAble
IE # 68
Member # 1444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ColorInAble   Author's Homepage   Email ColorInAble         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Animation Day...
And it started early with a wonderful celebration last night, thank you so much Charles, AN, and the Animation Academy...
What an auspicious and appropriate day to return...
[Big Grin] I'm so excited... [Big Grin]

--------------------
 -

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
Great seeing you there last night CIA. I had a feeling you'd show up. You were there last year I remember. I was surprised then as I didn't think you were following the site anymore, but now that you're back I hope you'll pick up where you left off and make yourself at home on the forums.

To everyone else, every day is Animation Day. April 1 happens to be when we celebrate it and you're welcome to join in, unless you're a hater and there's no shortage of that in this animation world of ours. Really sucks when influential individuals and organizations can't get over themselves and just wish everyone well. I guess that's what insecurity and ego does. The cynicism and jealosy that runs so very deep in certain circles of the animation community that they can't even have a little fun and acknowledge April 1. I'm not directing this at anyone here guys, so don't take it the wrong way.

Maybe it comes with years in the biz, or just taking yourself so damn seriously that you lose your soul. Fortunately for me, it's worked out that I spend a lot of time with a younger crowd, not necessarily in physical age, but in spirit and that makes a big difference in enjoying something as simple as the idea of Animation Day and the appeal of a day of unity among artists. I know it's asking a lot for some people in the biz to give up their attitudes and be a human being for a few hours, but this too shall pass. Another generation is coming and I don't think they'll be quite the same as some of the people we see today.

Anyway, if I have money to burn next year we'll have an all day party somewhere and celebrate in style. Till then, God bless, keep creating and enjoy the spring.

--------------------
 -

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012