AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » Check out the new feel of AN's homepage

Author Topic: Check out the new feel of AN's homepage
Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
Just in time for this year's April 1 and Animation Day, the masterminds behind AN's new homepage have freshened it up, as they plan on doing on a regular basis.

http://animationnation.com

Our new format is being further developed and the technology refined as we move forward step by step in expanding AN into areas that supplement the discussion forums which are in my opinion, especially after recently browsing some of the blogs and such relative to us, without a doubt the finest discussion forums in the industry.

--------------------
 -

IP: Logged
SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
We're constantly evolving, like AN's home page.

--------------------
contact@animationnation.com
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com
www.myspace.com/redskystudio

nettajean
IE # 98
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nettajean   Email nettajean         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh, pretty. I like this color scheme.

--------------------
Hope for the Best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed
--Mel Brooks

Plai
IE # 298
Member # 3529

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Plai   Author's Homepage   Email Plai         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice!

--------------------
Plai.tv

EustaceScrubb
IE # 37
Member # 862

Icon 14 posted      Profile for EustaceScrubb           Edit/Delete Post 
The new homepage (the blue one , March 31) looks good .
acme
IE # 51
Member # 1591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for acme   Author's Homepage   Email acme         Edit/Delete Post 
I like how the theme colors are based off of my little banner [Wink]

Looks really cool!

--------------------
Zane Kohler

-

Plai
IE # 298
Member # 3529

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Plai   Author's Homepage   Email Plai         Edit/Delete Post 
I just noticed it but the new wipe dissolve for the banners looks clean! Goob job guys [Smile]

--------------------
Plai.tv

mojodesign
IE # 237
Member # 3158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojodesign   Author's Homepage   Email mojodesign         Edit/Delete Post 
I really liked the initial design, but this one definitely works better...much easier on the eyes...not overbearing... and a lot easier to find information, it seems like.

-Jose S.

--------------------
 -

mojodesign
IE # 237
Member # 3158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojodesign   Author's Homepage   Email mojodesign         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh WOW! I just noticed I'm listed under the "Gallery All Stars"! [Smile] Thanks, guys! I appreciate that...very flattered and greatful to have been mentioned.

--------------------
 -

roger
IE # 141
Member # 2352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roger   Author's Homepage   Email roger         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, this skin/theme is a winner. It really complements the stencil type typography. What a treat!

--------------------
http://www.canvas.nl

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
It is indeed, Roger. A thing of beauty. Snake and Adrian did a terrific job and it's only getting better. Adrian's regularly updating and refining the technology. We're geared so we can do a lot of very cool things, there's much to look forward to as this grows.

And speaking of growing, the response to the new AN has been very positive. Our new analytics system that we've been using for about 3 weeks now is showing that we've hit three record highs since last Friday alone in unique visitors, total visits and page views. We can see how positively AN is growing. And the best part about it, we're doing it without exploiting controversy. It's happening because of pro-activity.

We'll be having fun with a new the look for the homepage on about a monthly basis. This skin is definitely a keeper though and it'll be tough switching to something else in my opinion, but the talent of the team is solid and I know we'll be seeing more great AN art.

--------------------
 -

jeffnevins
IE # 247
Member # 1657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeffnevins   Author's Homepage   Email jeffnevins         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks great. [Cool]

This thread is a good place to thank AN for the listing in Artist Spotlight.

I worked very hard for quite a while on that art, with my co-worker Dave's guidance.
Now that we're in a new month, I'll post three more. [Smile]

--------------------
My game art & animation-
http://www.tangerinepop.com/GraveShift2/

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

A lot of time's being spent developing the system and getting out the little kinks here and there. It's not perfect yet, we're still dealing with display issues presented by older browers for example, but we're getting there.

The more time Adrian gets freed up from refining the tech side, the more time we'll be putting into adding new links and updating content. Still on mostly a daily and weekly basis we're introducing new links and videos, and we've got quite a few backed up that're on the way. A year from now I think you'll all be very pleasantly impressed with where AN will be at content wise. I'm very enthusiastic about it.

--------------------
 -

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

I also want to mention that we're planning to upgrade the forums to the most recent bulletin board technology. It's on the agenda. The new homepage has been just terrific for AN. Check out the banners we have in the slide show so far:

http://animationnation.com

Our traffic is increasing, hit activity on the site has doubled, all very positive stuff.

--------------------
 -

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012