AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » Aaron Simpson's new site Lineboil.com

Author Topic: Aaron Simpson's new site Lineboil.com
Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
Aaron Simpson of CaldHardFlash fame has launched a new website - Lineboil.com. It's similar to ColdHardFlash, but he's covering all animation. Not just Flash, but stop-motion, CGI, traditional and all other world-class forms of the art.

http://lineboil.com

For today's entry he's posted the Top 10 Christmas animated specials of all time.

http://lineboil.com/2008/12/lineboils-top-10-christmas-animations/

--------------------
 -

IP: Logged
Ganklin
IE # 14
Member # 1864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganklin   Author's Homepage   Email Ganklin         Edit/Delete Post 
i like lineboil.com. i actually prefer it to another certain cartoon related blog which shall remain nameless.

--------------------
http://fsummers.blogspot.com/
www.shamoozal.com

siskavard
Member # 3175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for siskavard   Author's Homepage   Email siskavard         Edit/Delete Post 
This is nice, the more animation related sites, the merrier!
rhinthell
Member # 3357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rhinthell   Email rhinthell         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, very nice. Siskavard has it right. I'm adding it to my subscriptions. Thanks for pointing it out!
Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed, it's good to see an alternative to some of the other animation blogs, especially when it's hosted by Aaron Simpson.

I met Aaron in Portland in June '07. We were both on a panel at the Platform Animation Festival. He was very professional and didn't seem to be carrying an attitude, so bully for him!

You can tell that Aaron's a balanced commentator if you look at his list of the Top 10 Christmas animated specials of all time. One may disagree with his choice of where a particular special lines up on the list, but it's clear that his choices are solid. As oppossed to other animation commentator historian author critics out there who'll tell you what's good or bad because they say that it's good or bad, Aaron is really in a league of his own.

Alas, like a few of the others, no link to AN on that illustrious list on Lineboil.com. Oh well, maybe the next generation will shed just a little light and a little love on a site and a community and a movement that helped make a little bit of animation history and a little positive difference, and of which Aaron is a registered long time member.

Best regards from here, good luck and best wishes for success with your new site.

--------------------
 -

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012