AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » Is Miracle Studios miraculously still around?

Author Topic: Is Miracle Studios miraculously still around?
devourax
IE # 275
Member # 2197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for devourax   Author's Homepage   Email devourax         Edit/Delete Post 
A few years ago, Tom Hignite's Miracle Studios was discussed on this forum. Most agreed that he was a copy cat of Walt Disney. (Tom couldn't manage to see it as clearly...)Last I heard, a couple years ago, most of the animators were layed off.

Anyone know what ever happened to his studio?
Is it morbid curiousity to be curious if he is still pursuing his wanna-be-Walt dream?

-dev

--------------------
Devourax
http://devourax.blogspot.com/

IP: Logged
tstevens
IE # 234
Member # 801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tstevens   Author's Homepage   Email tstevens         Edit/Delete Post 
The website is still active though it doesn't appear to have been updated since 2005.

--------------------
http://www.foogersnarts.blogspot.com

-FP-
IE # 13
Member # 914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -FP-   Author's Homepage   Email -FP-         Edit/Delete Post 
I could have sworn there was a long thread about Miracle Studios' most recent productions here at AN a few months ago, but SEARCH isn't finding it.

Check out these hilarious Home Imaginators infomercials:
http://www.miracle-homes.com/tv_radio.html#
They're from 2008.

They attempt to mimic the classic Walt Disney shows from the 50s and 60s. Instead of Walt Disney, the host is Tom Hignite. Instead of animation, the topic is Miracle Homes. Even though Miracle Studios died years ago, the set on which the Miracle Homes infomercials are taped is decorated with animation tables and people pretending to be animators. There are short cartoon segments. The relatively lush cel animation produced during Miracle Studios' five-minute heyday has, in these commercials, been replaced by low-budget Flash animation.

According to one of Mr Hignite's radio spots, available at the above link as an MP3, the housing crisis is over. Whew!

-

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
Miracle Studios is still active from what I can tell. I think there's a rip off of the name by a studio in India. I hear from Tom every now and then. He purchased my book recently and displays it at his studio. He tells me that it's one of the books most frequently looked at with studio visitors.

The subject of Miracle Studios and Tom personally has been repeatedly attacked on AN by people who've had experiences at the studio that were disappointing and which left them angry, as well as by members on the forums who engage in this kind of behavior. I don't blame those individuals who were working there, I'd be upset too.

What concerns me currently is I don't want to see things disintegrate here with way too personal comments and ridicule. Tom has an active account on AN, subscribed and up to date no less, and is welcome to return anytime he wants in any capacity he wants. My feeling is that he's reluctant to do so because of the hosptitality that some folks here will bash him with. Case in point, the tone of this thread.

I'm locking this subject since it won't serve any useful purpose with the comments that I anticipate will be forthcoming if it's kept open.

My position is that I wish Tom well and wish him good luck in all his endeavors, and I hope that people previously associated with his studio have been able to move on with their lives productively.

AN will be happy to promote anything that Miracle Studios is engaged in, and the same invitation applies to anyone formerly of the studio who would like to get the word out about what they may be doing as well.

--------------------
 -

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
Received this from Tom Hignite today with a request to post the update about his studio regarding this topic. Tom has an active account on AN, I'm posting this for him since this topic was previously locked and will be locked again afterwards. Reason being, I'd like to leave well enough alone. If Tom is inclined to open a new topic about his studio and engage in discussion he's free to do so.

Good luck and best wishes to Tom, Miracle Studios, and to all current and former employees of his studio.

Dear Animation Nationers,

A thread in your general discussion asked whether Miracle Studios is still in business. While we surely are not “in business” the way we once were, Miracle Studios is still in business doing various small animation projects and producing the television “specials” which many of you may have seen on Miracle-homes.com. We function largely as an outsourcing studio and rarely have more than an artist or two in our home studio at any one time, unless we are working on a specific project. For that reason, we do maintain a workroom with several desks and equipment at the ready. The more likely scenario is that when we receive a new job, we sub out the various needed phases of whatever the project requires.

We still do the background l(and general) layouts, most boards, and most character designs and some illustration work/web work under this roof. We also have a sound stage (originally used as our company basketball court) on our premises for which we have the various standing sets for our television productions.

Recently, our Home Imaginators television specials received 3 Emmy nominations by the Chicago Midwest chapter of the National Academy Of Television Arts And Sciences. One nomination was for the original music compostions, one was for the animation, and the third was for the show itself. While we did not win an Emmy this year, we were really gratified to get the nominations form nearly 800 entries.

Some of you may have seen our 2 30 second Miracle Mouse traditional 2D animated commercials we produced a few years ago. We are currently in production on our third commercial in this series which we hope to have completed by late December or very early January. Some of the same artists who worked on the first 2 productions are also working on this as well as being blessed to bring 2 other California based animators on board. One of them (I will not release names to allow their privacy ) is actually in the lead role of doing this largely “paperless” animation technique. When we are finished, we will be sure to let you know where you can view it. As with the others, it will be very traditional in it’s 2D stylings.

As for our central Miracle Mouse featurette, we continue to plod ever so slowly along toward our ultimate goal. A month ago, we had an LA session (link) to further the voices for the animatic. Other projects include a stage show with multimedia including limited animatronics and a 3 screen semi-circle-vision hi-def venture for a Summer 2009 opening at our local Parade of Homes Event. We continue to get calls and meetings each month to do illustration and animations projects yet the bulk of our work definitely is still in-house for our Home building ventures...

As for Charles book, yes, it is in our waiting room area and is getting a few views a day and even has gone home with a few folks on loan. All brown-nosing aside, if you have not bought your copy of this beautifully illustrated book, it would be a great addition to any animators bookshelf. Thank you Charles for putting this book together and thank you for you continued hard work on the Animation Nation website/forums. I am usually reading all of your thoughts and insights with great interest.

Blessings,

Tom Hignite
Miracle Homes/Miracle Studios

--------------------
 -

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012