AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » GIJoe animation looking real good

Author Topic: GIJoe animation looking real good
SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Just thought I'd give a little update. can't talk about much. But the new GIJoe animation is looking sweeeeet. the backgrounds I've been working on has left me with something moving in my pants...wait, thats my cell set to vibrate, never mind...but it is amazing.

Director, Joaquim Dos Santos and his team are really putting their hearts into this. you can tell they all love the property.

I for one am really looking forward to this.

I have no release date info or spoilers. sorry.

be on the look out

YO JOE!!!

--------------------
contact@animationnation.com
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com
www.myspace.com/redskystudio

IP: Logged
Ganklin
IE # 14
Member # 1864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganklin   Author's Homepage   Email Ganklin         Edit/Delete Post 
is this a new series for broadcast? i didn't hear of it until this post.

--------------------
http://fsummers.blogspot.com/
www.shamoozal.com

Dennis Woodyard
IE # 81
Member # 2314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Woodyard   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Woodyard         Edit/Delete Post 
I mentioned this in a post of mine, last week, but I guess you passed it.

Here a link to test footage of G.I. Joe. It does look really cool.
G.I. Joe Test Footage

I met the director, Joaquim Dos Santos, at Warner Bros. years ago, he had presented an updated version of the Thundercats that Warners was considering, making new series. Of the many versions the came after his, Joaquim's was the best. (I worked on the original series at Rankin/Bass) In fact, I think he single-handedly got the ball rolling at WB to revive the Thundercats.

Joaquim will certainly do justice to G.I. Joe. I look forward to seein his take.

--------------------
 -
The Gods that smiled when you were born are Laughing now - My Favorite Fortune Cookie Saying

SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
AND NOW YOU KNOW!

--------------------
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com

Law
IE # 112
Member # 1348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Law   Author's Homepage   Email Law         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool!

Man, those toys were SO cool! I hope this brings on a G.I. Joe revival!! [Smile]

--------------------
www.lawrencejackson.com

Ganklin
IE # 14
Member # 1864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganklin   Author's Homepage   Email Ganklin         Edit/Delete Post 
ahh i DO remember you posting this from before but i didn't see the footage until this link just now. looked very cool!

--------------------
http://fsummers.blogspot.com/
www.shamoozal.com

SoleilSmile
IE # 120
Member # 1483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoleilSmile   Author's Homepage   Email SoleilSmile         Edit/Delete Post 
..and knowing is half the battle!

Oy! Where are Lady Jaye, Scarlett and Baroness?!

Just jokes. I know it's a clip and not all the characters are presnent.

YO JOE!

--------------------
HipChick Comics and Animatress Blog

www.hipchickcomics.com
http://www.animatress.blogspot.com/

Dan P.
IE # 248
Member # 893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan P.   Email Dan P.         Edit/Delete Post 
I loooooove that test footage! Why isn't this being made for the internet only? I want to see this on my big HDTV!

Keep up the great work!

SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

well, the word on the street is that they are 5-10 minute shorts that will eventually be collected onto a DVD...but how they initially release the shorts is a mystery. maybe they will make it for the internet.

--------------------
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com

Marcus Moore
IE # 108
Member # 197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcus Moore   Author's Homepage   Email Marcus Moore         Edit/Delete Post 
Yowza! That's some great stuff. I'd imagine that the show would be timed to coincide with the release of Stephen Sommers GIJOE movie, either leading up to it [ala GOTHAM KNIGHTS] or afterward.

--------------------
 -

mbaker
Member # 2012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mbaker   Email mbaker         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I loooooove that test footage! Why isn't this being made for the internet only? I want to see this on my big HDTV!
Probably because the syndication market is so regulated by media watchdogs that new action cartoons can't find a reasonable time slot anymore. If infomercials, sleazy talk shows, tabloid trash, and old sitcoms are all that local stations have to offer, it's no wonder animation has migrated to other venues.
SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

yeah cartoons die in the new GIJoe, so I can imagine how hard it is to place...tv is ran by retards.

--------------------
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com

Dennis Woodyard
IE # 81
Member # 2314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Woodyard   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Woodyard         Edit/Delete Post 
A more mature themed G.I. Joe series would fit Spike TV programing. They aired the Afro Samurai, which was very hardcore, anime, action, sex, foul language, blood swordplay. It worth picking up the Director's Cut DVD set.

Here's my blog post about it.
Dragonfly Views - Afro Samurai

Here's the link to the site:
Afro Samurai Series

We need more good action/adventure show for late night viewing, beside Marvel and DC stuff.

--------------------
 -
The Gods that smiled when you were born are Laughing now - My Favorite Fortune Cookie Saying

SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

I agree.

In addition, Titmouse Inc, the same producers of Afro Samarui are doing GIJoe as well. so far they are the only animation house that I know in the U.S.
producing mature animation content like this.

--------------------
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com

Caracal
IE # 161
Member # 3024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caracal   Author's Homepage   Email Caracal         Edit/Delete Post 
That's great animation!

Of course it seems so far removed from the original look and feel of the show it's pretty much a total re-invention. That's not bad just different. I love the new Battlestar Galactica.

I'm curious does anyone know how these guys compare budget wise to a Korean or Japanese studios?

This would fit into Adult Swim programming perfectly.

Cheers

mbaker
Member # 2012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mbaker   Email mbaker         Edit/Delete Post 
The original 'G.I. Joe' series was last seen on cartoon network, and bringing this new series to [adult swim] would be a great move since they don't have much in the way of good action cartoons.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012