AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » I saw it...

Author Topic: I saw it...
Herc
Member # 1246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Herc   Email Herc         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched Wall -e today and it is not good but it is not bad too, it is ok.

I think the first part of the movie is too slow...almost boring...

Some people (two parents and their 2 kids and two teenagers left the theather at first 30 minutes of the movie)...I saw that.

Wall-e is a good movie, but I think Ratatouille is much better than it.

--------------------
http://fredsposito.blogspot.com/

IP: Logged
knowledge
IE # 258
Member # 462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowledge   Email knowledge         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa, thanks for your honesty. I hadn't heard any opinions like this until now. It's hard to see people leave a flick, but you also never know if they came a little early to go see Hancock and just snuck in to see a bit of Wall-E before their movie?
Animation Co-op
IE # 295
Member # 3421

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Animation Co-op           Edit/Delete Post 
That must be it. [Wink]
Jason Thomas Campbell
Member # 524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Thomas Campbell   Email Jason Thomas Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw it as well, I enjoyed it but my four year old daughter told me after when I asked if she liked it "I got sleepy cause it was so long".
She says she liked it though. I agree it isn't the best Pixar has released but I wouldn't look at it as a sign of a chink in the armor.

There was a good story there and the fact that they told 96% of it without "real" dialog hopefully will encourage all that follow not to fall back on catch phrases and dribble to move a plot along.

I'd see it again, and I can't wait for it to hit Blu-Ray.

J.

knowledge
IE # 258
Member # 462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowledge   Email knowledge         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry if it seemed like I was making excuses for it Kevin! [cheers]
Dan P.
IE # 248
Member # 893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan P.   Email Dan P.         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, the first 30 minutes is actually the best part of Wall-E imo. Perfect almost.

Strange.

Animation Co-op
IE # 295
Member # 3421

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Animation Co-op           Edit/Delete Post 
> I wouldn't look at it as a sign of a chink in the armor

Correct... that would be "Cars". [Wink]
KG

tstevens
IE # 234
Member # 801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tstevens   Author's Homepage   Email tstevens         Edit/Delete Post 
Cars may not be the greatest thing in the world. But, I haven't met too many kids who didn't love it.

--------------------
http://www.foogersnarts.blogspot.com

Randy C
IE # 196
Member # 3055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Randy C   Author's Homepage   Email Randy C         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Cars may not be the greatest thing in the world. But, I haven't met too many kids who didn't love it.
That's because kids love CARS. Not the movie "Cars," but CARS. Kids like TOYS too. And MONSTERS. And ROBOTS.

If you want to be in with Pixar, pitch them a movie where the main characters are CANDY.

knowledge
IE # 258
Member # 462

Really Randy?!! Is it that easy?!! Whoohoo! I'll race everyone to Emeryville - last one there is a rotten egg!! [Wink]
Animagus
IE # 49
Member # 279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Animagus   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If you want to be in with Pixar, pitch them a movie where the main characters are CANDY.
Disney/Pixar is proud to present:
"Gummi Bears: The Movie".

--------------------
www.robertgold.blogspot.com

SquarejawHero
IE # 188
Member # 2601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SquarejawHero   Author's Homepage   Email SquarejawHero         Edit/Delete Post 
Crayons?

--------------------
Bowendesign.com

-FP-
IE # 13
Member # 914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -FP-   Author's Homepage   Email -FP-         Edit/Delete Post 
Magic nose goblins.
Animagus
IE # 49
Member # 279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Animagus   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Crayons?
Well THAT would be a film made with traditional media, wouldn't it?

--------------------
www.robertgold.blogspot.com

knowledge
IE # 258
Member # 462

Actually Exodus films is making a film about Crayons.
Timbone
IE # 90
Member # 1305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timbone   Email Timbone         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Well THAT would be a film made with traditional media, wouldn't it?
We can't have that! It will surely fail because it's not 3D! [Wink]
VAN_Paulus
Member # 149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VAN_Paulus   Email VAN_Paulus         Edit/Delete Post 
Another Solid outing for Pixar .IMO
To me the first half was the best part. Loved it.
And some nice messages about our society too.

Mr. Fun
IE # 63
Member # 352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Fun           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm currently at Anthrocon in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. The fans here seem to love the movie.
OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFBEAT   Author's Homepage   Email OFFBEAT         Edit/Delete Post 
Fart: The Movie
(Kids'll love it!)

I dunno.. I hated toy cars as a kid. Whenever I was given them as a gift, I thought it was because I had done something wrong.

If it didn't happen a long time ago, or was from a galaxy far far away.. it was dead to me.

I also loved monsters and ninjas.

--------------------
"Get Rich, or Die Drawing!"

nettajean
IE # 98
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nettajean   Email nettajean         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Mr. Fun. Welcome to the Burgh! Enjoy your stay!

--------------------
Hope for the Best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed
--Mel Brooks

Rupert Piston
IE # 175
Member # 2875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rupert Piston   Author's Homepage   Email Rupert Piston         Edit/Delete Post 
The family went to see it last night. My wife usually likes to wait until it's less busy, but we all wanted to see it.

My three and a half year old was riveted the whole time. Didn't know he had it in him. As usual, we got up and danced through the credits.

I thought the part without words was great, made you work for it. My son was working hard on it, asking questions once in a while. He dug it.

It did, however, put our almost six month old to sleep. [Big Grin]

-FP-
IE # 13
Member # 914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -FP-   Author's Homepage   Email -FP-         Edit/Delete Post 
To avoid sperling WALL-E, I've skipped over the above descriptions, and I've also avoided this interesting curio: the Wall-E Mini Movie. Someone has extracted the cut scenes from the WALL-E game and strung them together into a half-hour version of the story. It's said to resemble high-quality machinima. It can be found in the usual places. It's neither the actual entire computer game nor the actual movie, so if you download it you may not go straight to Hayell.
rdelgado
Member # 552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rdelgado   Email rdelgado         Edit/Delete Post 
Must say that the first half hour of the picture is amazing, then settling down (if it's even fair to say that) into two strong acts.

My only quibble was that it bothered me that there were live-action people in the beginning of the film, and I did not buy that they...evolved into 3-d CG models 700 years later. Would have preferred to see the humans be in two different digial styles perhaps.

Aside from that, it's one of the few pictures I can be proud to have worked on. I saw a lot of my thoughts in Wall-e's home, but the real guy to tip your cap to is Ralph Eggelston, who put all of us artists' work together into one cohesive design direction.

Ricardo Delgado

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012