AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » Animators that Write Films

Author Topic: Animators that Write Films
devourax
IE # 275
Member # 2197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for devourax   Author's Homepage   Email devourax         Edit/Delete Post 
This is my second attempt at wearing a writing hat for film.
http://www.candlemanfilms.com/spooky.htm

I have worked in 3d as an artist/ animator for the past 12 years.
I have always enjoyed writing short stories and eventually followed my dreams to writing films, screenplays, children's books, and even a musical.

I have even dabbled in directing and producing.

Although I still love animating and character design/ modeling/texturing.....i find a great deal of satisfaction in contributing to story development. I seem to have a knack for it.

I understand that many animators also love to write/ pitch/ story dev. Are there any on this list?
I for one would like to hear about your path into film. (thoughts on writing, experiences, etc)

-dev

--------------------
Devourax
http://devourax.blogspot.com/

IP: Logged
Steve Schnier
Member # 3378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Schnier   Email Steve Schnier         Edit/Delete Post 
I began writing many years ago when I became frustrated at the poor quality of writing in animation. I knew that I could do better.
devourax
IE # 275
Member # 2197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for devourax   Author's Homepage   Email devourax         Edit/Delete Post 
I grew up watching the good stuff like Saturday Morning cartoons and the Walt Disney era cartoons and films. I was very inspired.

Television and film that come out now are very disappointing.

Thats why I write.

-dev

--------------------
Devourax
http://devourax.blogspot.com/

toonstruck
Member # 1846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for toonstruck   Email toonstruck         Edit/Delete Post 
Like you, I'm a 3D guy that has been around for a while. I have a dozen or so feature length stories I'd love to find time to write scripts for.

Unfortunately, I've only had time to finish two of them. One (a live action feature treatment) was optioned, another (animation feature script) has been finished recently and is being sent to a few producers. I hope to finish another animated feature script soon. We'll see if I can find the time.

I was recently hired to write/develop someone else's idea for a pilot of a 1/2 hour animated show. This is officially my first "writing gig" on someone else's dime.

Story development is something I really enjoy that also provides a nice change of pace from day after day of animating.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012