AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » Mr. Fun On The Dais: FLOYD NORMAN Will Become A DISNEY LEGEND Tomorrow!

Author Topic: Mr. Fun On The Dais: FLOYD NORMAN Will Become A DISNEY LEGEND Tomorrow!
Scott Shaw!
IE # 132
Member # 172

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Scott Shaw!   Email Scott Shaw!         Edit/Delete Post 
I just wanted to remind everyone here that our friend "Mr. Fun", cartoonist Floyd Norman, will tomorrow, October 10, be honored as an official "Disney Legend".

Unfortunately, mere mortals such as ourselves (and the rest of the general public) will not be allowed at the big Disney Legends ceremony on the Disney lot..

So keep an eye open during the local news...and maybe even during the national news, ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT, INSIDE STORY, the E! Channel and other entertainment-based news outlets. I have a feeling that Disney is gonna get a lot of positive airtime with this Disney Legends ceremony.

Check out Wednesday and Thursday's trade magazines, too.

Personally, I just like seeing Floyd on-screen...and anywhere else, for that matter! By the way, has anyone seen him in "The Making Of Jungle Book" extra on the new JUNGLE BOOK DVD? (Now he's the only black man in the JUNGLE!)

And what th' hey, it's worth saying all over again -- CONGRATULATIONS, FLOYD!

Aloha,

Scott!

IP: Logged
Mr. Fun
IE # 63
Member # 352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Fun           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, the Disney magic is in the air.

Hey, Scott! Thanks for the kind words. The past few days have been somewhat overwhelming what with the party last Friday, and the big doings tomorrow.

Had a visit from the "boss man" himself, John Lasseter and a host of his wizards from Pixar. I think around two hundred artists, tech dudes and managers paid us a visit today. Saw a lot of old pals from my early days at Pixar.

Now, all I have to do is try and make it through tomorrow. Ah, the price of fame.

Thanks for the well wishes, everybody!

KevinO
IE # 36
Member # 56

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KevinO   Email KevinO         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Floyd! You are by far, one of the nicest men in the biz, and I've only met you a handful of times.
bronnie
IE # 93
Member # 25

Icon 14 posted      Profile for bronnie   Email bronnie         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay FLOYD!
Kudos, congrats and all good wishes to a long-time pal whom I first met at Hanna Barbera in the late '70s!
This honor is long overdue!
Enjoy it, you deserve it!
[cheers]

--------------------
I am not young enough to know everything- Oscar Wilde

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Floyd.

--------------------
 -

raymundio
IE # 35
Member # 466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for raymundio           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations from Spain, Floyd.
Always an honor to meet you.
Cheers.
Raul

Ganklin
IE # 14
Member # 1864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganklin   Author's Homepage   Email Ganklin         Edit/Delete Post 
nice man! congrats!

--------------------
http://fsummers.blogspot.com/
www.shamoozal.com

Jennifer Hachigian Jerrard
IE # 8
Member # 2280

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Jennifer Hachigian Jerrard   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Hachigian Jerrard         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Mr. Fun!

[cheers]

--------------------
 -

rdelgado
Member # 552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rdelgado   Email rdelgado         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Floyd. It couldn't happen to a better person. I love it when the talent matches the person.

Ricardo Delgado

devourax
IE # 275
Member # 2197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for devourax   Author's Homepage   Email devourax         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Mr. Fun!

Great people like you make Animation Nation a pretty neat place!

-dev

--------------------
Devourax
http://devourax.blogspot.com/

australopith
IEcm
Member # 2746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for australopith   Email australopith         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Floyd, from all of us Disney comics people.
mojodesign
IE # 237
Member # 3158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojodesign   Author's Homepage   Email mojodesign         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Floyd. I agree...one of the nicest people ever. I only had one encounter with you back in SDCC '05, and you were wonderful...so willing to enrich me with stories and great conversation. I can still pick up your book and laugh every time.

-Jose

--------------------
 -

Semaj
Member # 3131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semaj   Email Semaj         Edit/Delete Post 
Kudos, Mr. Fun! [Smile]
OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFBEAT   Author's Homepage   Email OFFBEAT         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Mr. Fun!!! [cheers]

--------------------
"Get Rich, or Die Drawing!"

Sharvonique
IE # 252
Member # 3276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharvonique   Author's Homepage   Email Sharvonique         Edit/Delete Post 
Simply amazing! Congrats Floyd for such a remarkable achievement and honor. It's clearly well deserved.

--------------------
Sharvonique Studios
www.sharvonique.com

Animated By Sharvonique Blog

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012