» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » Underdog review at o-meon.com

Author Topic: Underdog review at o-meon.com
Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
Disney Unleashes Mutt of a Movie

By C. W. Oberleitner

If May, June, and July are the months the major studios release their "tent pole" films, then August must be the month for "tent peg" films. At least that's the impression we get from our reviewer's thoughts on this month's offering from Walt Disney Pictures Underdog.

Read the full review at: www.o-meon.com

--------------------
 -

IP: Logged
knowledge
IE # 258
Member # 462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowledge   Email knowledge         Edit/Delete Post 
"Director Frederik Du Chau, whose only other directorial screen credit is 2005’s Racing Stripes, is ultimately the one most responsible for the underwhelming experience that is Underdog. Moviemaking is story telling, and Underdog looks and sounds like a story being told by a eighth grade newsreader."

And there you have it!! Underdog has been waffled!

EustaceScrubb
IE # 37
Member # 862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EustaceScrubb           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"Director Frederik Du Chau, whose only other directorial screen credit is 2005’s Racing Stripes"
That's odd that the O-Meon.com reviewer says that Frederik DuChau's only other directorial screen credit is 2005's "Racing Stripes". Of course, he also directed "Quest For Camelot" at Warner's in 1998 . (as most here on this board are well aware).
C W Oberleitner
IE # 222
Member # 3197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for C W Oberleitner   Author's Homepage   Email C W Oberleitner         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That's odd that the O-Meon.com reviewer says that Frederik DuChau's only other directorial screen credit is 2005's "Racing Stripes". Of course, he also directed "Quest For Camelot" at Warner's in 1998 .
It's not really that odd. My editor, who knows far more about English grammar than he does pop culture, felt it was redundant to use the expression "live action" before listing Du Chau's other feature film directing credit since Underdog is a live action film.

I've restored the text to the original You may have to hit the refresh button on your browser to see that it now reads,

quote:
Director Frederik Du Chau, whose only other live action directorial screen credit is 2005’s Racing Stripes,

Doodles
Member # 565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doodles   Email Doodles         Edit/Delete Post 
I stick by my opinion that this movie was released as a tax write-off to cover all the money Disney is making from other releases.

And I am shocked, shocked, to see that no reviews have yet made the obvious gag about "Dog Days of Summer." [tipsy]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012