AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » Taste Visualization for Ratatouille

Author Topic: Taste Visualization for Ratatouille
Gagne Michel
IE # 40
Member # 365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gagne Michel   Author's Homepage   Email Gagne Michel         Edit/Delete Post 
Since the movie is out, I guess it's OK to post this:

http://www.gagneint.com/Final%20site/Animation/Pixar/Ratatouille.htm

I thought you guys might be interested.

--------------------
 -

IP: Logged
rdelgado
Member # 552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rdelgado   Email rdelgado         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this was a very interesting concept, but the final result felt a little conservative in art terms.I like your work, Mister Gagne,yet I wish I'd seen a little more color, flair and exoticism in some of those shots.
Cool, but not pushed enough.

Ricardo Delgado

EustaceScrubb
IE # 37
Member # 862

Icon 14 posted      Profile for EustaceScrubb           Edit/Delete Post 
That is very interesting , Michel. Thank you for sharing your process. I thought your work looked great . The whole movie looked great . Very impressive film .
Brian Reynolds
IE # 50
Member # 4

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Brian Reynolds           Edit/Delete Post 
Two of my favorite scenes! Made me think back fondly to the "meet the soundtrack" moment in Fantasia and darned if it didn't occur to me that you must have had a hand in doing those bits. Very, very fun piece; in a movie filled with the atmosphere of food this got me to experience taste. Thank you!

--------------------
-Brian Reynolds

Squash Banana
Member # 2700

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squash Banana   Email Squash Banana         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Michel! A big group of us from the studio (many SCAD grads who were at your lecture) went to Ratatouille on Friday, and we saw your name in the credits for tasting design....took us a minute to figure out what that was, but then we realized which scenes it referenced and everyone said "Oh, that's SO Gagne!" And we were all hungry when we left the theater. So well done, well done indeed. Hope you had fun being part of the team on that most excellent film!
Sketchbook
IE # 135
Member # 1581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketchbook   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome work as always, Michel!

I bet you're glad you can finally show the footage on your website! I'm sure you'll be working with Brad Bird again...

Cheers! [cheers]

--------------------
Mike

-

knowledge
IE # 258
Member # 462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowledge   Email knowledge         Edit/Delete Post 
Fantasia-stic!
oogieboogie
IE # 265
Member # 2706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oogieboogie           Edit/Delete Post 
The last two composites don't seem to be found on the server.
roger
IE # 141
Member # 2352

Icon 14 posted      Profile for roger   Author's Homepage   Email roger         Edit/Delete Post 
sizzling!!! [cheers]

--------------------
http://www.canvas.nl

Ganklin
IE # 14
Member # 1864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganklin   Author's Homepage   Email Ganklin         Edit/Delete Post 
i remember you posted some test animation a while back for "a film to be released in the summer", and a recognized it in ratatouille. as always, good work!

--------------------
http://fsummers.blogspot.com/
www.shamoozal.com

devourax
IE # 275
Member # 2197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for devourax   Author's Homepage   Email devourax         Edit/Delete Post 
Great stuff!
I loved your work.

simple, colorful and not over the top flashy....good job!

-dev

--------------------
Devourax
http://devourax.blogspot.com/

Gagne Michel
IE # 40
Member # 365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gagne Michel   Author's Homepage   Email Gagne Michel         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone. [Smile]

oogieboogie - I'll post the final composites once the dvd is out.

Ganklin - You're probably talking about Sensology which will be released summer 2008. That one is a 6-minute short film I'm currently doing.

--------------------
 -

Doodles
Member # 565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doodles   Email Doodles         Edit/Delete Post 
Who knows, maybe Pixar will include this material along with the composites on the DVD.

Lovely work. Very rare to be able to depict how the senses react to a new experience.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012