AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » The Art Of Surf's Up

Author Topic: The Art Of Surf's Up
devourax
IE # 275
Member # 2197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for devourax   Author's Homepage   Email devourax         Edit/Delete Post 
I just bought "The Art of Surf's Up" book off of Amazon, and all I can say is "WOW"!
This is definately one of the better art books I have bought in years. From rough sketches, character design, and early concepts, this book covers it all in great detail.
It even has some fun extras such as stickers, posters, mini book, postcards and a "making of" DVD.

I took it to work and many co-workers bought it right on the spot.

A great buy in my humble opinion.

-dev

--------------------
Devourax
http://devourax.blogspot.com/

IP: Logged
Floyd Bishop
IE # 183
Member # 2322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Floyd Bishop   Author's Homepage   Email Floyd Bishop         Edit/Delete Post 
This is a great book. I went out last night and picked it up on your recommendation, and it is the best making of book I have ever seen. The DVD that comes with it is worth the price alone.

I made a post about it on Channel Frederator as well. Hopefully other films get a similar treatment. Thanks for the heads up.

--------------------
Floyd Bishop
 -

Egheaumaen
IE # 171
Member # 1519

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Egheaumaen   Email Egheaumaen         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, thanks, Floyd! I edited and co-produced that DVD piece, "Making Waves." I'm glad you liked it!

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012