AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » Is There Gonna Be A "The Incredibles II" ? (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: Is There Gonna Be A "The Incredibles II" ?
Greg B
IE # 118
Member # 886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg B   Author's Homepage   Email Greg B         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm hoping there is one or is in the works or is maybe done? [Smile]

--------------------
http://www.boonestoons.com
http://www.spacefool.com

IP: Logged
Floyd Bishop
IE # 183
Member # 2322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Floyd Bishop   Author's Homepage   Email Floyd Bishop         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope not. I was a great film, but does it really warrant a sequel? I don't think so. They've said everything they needed to say about the family.

--------------------
Floyd Bishop
 -

Egheaumaen
IE # 171
Member # 1519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egheaumaen   Email Egheaumaen         Edit/Delete Post 
I would've said the same thing about "Toy Story."
Graphiteman
IE # 218
Member # 2092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graphiteman   Author's Homepage   Email Graphiteman         Edit/Delete Post 
The thing that made The Incredibles incredible was that it operated on so many levels thematically. It was so much more than a superhero film. A 2nd film would have to match that depth imo.
Funny...my little nephew thought the same thing becasue of the introduction of the Underminer at the end of the film.

Floyd Bishop
IE # 183
Member # 2322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Floyd Bishop   Author's Homepage   Email Floyd Bishop         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I would've said the same thing about "Toy Story."
They didn't really need to do a sequel of that film, either. The first film wrapped things up nicely. Much of TS2 for me felt like they just swapped Woody for Buzz, right down to the missing arm.

--------------------
Floyd Bishop
 -

D-Zyner
Member # 3359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D-Zyner   Email D-Zyner         Edit/Delete Post 
Toy Story 2 wasn't that bad. The animation was really well done, and the story plot wasn't that bad either. Now, had Disney/Pixar decided to follow through with the proposed Toy Story 3, that would have been a different case. Sequals are rarely good.
Paburrows
Member # 3300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paburrows   Email Paburrows         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually like Toy Story 2 better then 1.

--------------------
http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/

Methuselah
IE # 148
Member # 401

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Methuselah   Email Methuselah         Edit/Delete Post 
No. No way.
rdelgado
Member # 552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rdelgado   Email rdelgado         Edit/Delete Post 
I never heard Bird express any sentiment toward a sequel, but I did not work in-house at Pixar, so those guys up there are the ones that would know for sure. That having been said, my feelings are that it was nearly a perfect film, and I'd prefer to leave it at that. I worked on the original Men in Black, and look how much they screwed up the sequel.

Ricardo

PS- But if the phone rang again, don't think I wouldn't jump at it!!

Dan P.
IE # 248
Member # 893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan P.   Email Dan P.         Edit/Delete Post 
The way I see it is that I have absolutely no problem with a sequel if it's as good or better than the original. Who wouldn't want to see a follow-up to their adventures if the quality is there?
Semaj
Member # 3131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semaj   Email Semaj         Edit/Delete Post 
The Incredibles already won an Oscar for Best Animated Feature, and continued Pixar's amazing success in CGI features.

Don't mess with success.

Mr. Fun
IE # 63
Member # 352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Fun           Edit/Delete Post 
Pixar's got a full plate at the moment. I doubt if anyone's even discussed a sequel.

By the way, we'll be at Disney Feature Animation tomorrow discussing the merits of CGI vs traditional animation. Should be fun.

SquarejawHero
IE # 188
Member # 2601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SquarejawHero   Author's Homepage   Email SquarejawHero         Edit/Delete Post 
"Versus"? I hope it's tongue in cheek!

--------------------
Bowendesign.com

tstevens
IE # 234
Member # 801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tstevens   Author's Homepage   Email tstevens         Edit/Delete Post 
"By the way, we'll be at Disney Feature Animation tomorrow discussing the merits of CGI vs traditional animation. Should be fun."

Is that a converstaion you will be able to talk about?

--------------------
http://www.foogersnarts.blogspot.com

Mr. Fun
IE # 63
Member # 352

Not a problem. I'll be happy to talk about it.

Let's see what happens tomorrow at Disney.

animator-boy
IE # 54
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for animator-boy   Author's Homepage   Email animator-boy         Edit/Delete Post 
During all the Oscar stuffs Brad Bird was asked if he would so a sequel to the Incredibles..he seemed open to the possiblity but of
course "possible" and "actual" are two different things.....could happen...could not....

Sequels can be a good thing if done right...I enjoyed TS2 quite a lot. Years before Incredibles came out there were promo descriptions that suggested stuff like "..superheros dealing with ordinary problems..like when his daughter is found dating his arch enemy's son".... there could be some fun possiblities in a sequel...again if done well...

--------------------
www.raymation.net

D-Zyner
Member # 3359

Yeah. Mr. Fun, post what you hear about the merits of CGI vs traditional animation [Smile] .
Christian
IE # 211
Member # 3132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christian   Email Christian         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been at a couple different things where Brad was clearly at least open to the idea of an Incredibles sequel.
Animagus
IE # 49
Member # 279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Animagus   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
"The Incredibles" could even be spun off into a weekly series. Sort of like an animated "M.A.S.H.".

--------------------
www.robertgold.blogspot.com

CavePainter
IE # 297
Member # 2568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CavePainter   Email CavePainter         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, and we'll call that series something like, hmmmm, well, lets see, how about "The X's!"
Semaj
Member # 3131

Besides, Disney doesn't need to do anymore TV spin-offs from their films.
D-Zyner
Member # 3359

Yeah, in my opinion, that ruins the film. Sorry. [unimpressed]
Mr. Fun
IE # 63
Member # 352

Perhaps Brad can consider a sequel after he finishes his chores on "Ratatouille."

By the way, "Ratatouille" was screened yesterday at Disney. The movie looks darn good. The Pixar streak continues.

intergalactic
IE # 195
Member # 1760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for intergalactic   Email intergalactic         Edit/Delete Post 
My buddy was at one of ASIFA screenings for The Incredibles, originally Brad was to be on hand at the first one but something came up so they actually did an additional re-screening that Brad was able to attend.

I think Brad Bird is a great guy and I've had the opportunity to meet him and talk, he's full of energy and has a great out look for the art of animation.

Well here's what happened to my buddy, he had his hand up for who knows how long to ask Brad a question...a two parter.

One being "Hey are there going to be any out takes from The Incredibles, you know like we've seen in the past?".

And two "Is there a chance that we'll be seeing an Incredibles 2 anytime soon?".

Let me just say this...Brad ripped him a new one.

Mr. Bird is not a big fan of repeating what's already been done before, so he wasn't exactly a big fan of doing a "bloopers reel" or adding "out-takes", I myself thought that was getting a bit old anyways.

It was funny for a little while, the "Jack-Jack Attack" was a much nicer addition to the dvd.

As well...Brad isn't a big fan of potentially doing a sequel for The Incredibles, again this is based on my friends questioning.

Needless to say my buddy felt like a real jerk for even asking…

Although I personally would love to see Brad sit down and hash out another script for The Incredibles it's only going to be kick ass if he's the one in control of the script and the direction.

...i

Methuselah
IE # 148
Member # 401

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Methuselah   Email Methuselah         Edit/Delete Post 
Like I said... [Wink]

No. No way. Fuggedaboudit.

Michael W Howe
IE # 251
Member # 1827

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael W Howe   Email Michael W Howe         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, there already is an Incredibles 2:

"The Incredibles II: The Rise of the Underminer." Of course, it's the video game that was released, but it's the closest you get to taking on a sequel.

Though it's interesting conjecture that when noone hears anything about what PIXAR has coming up, they jump on this 'sequel' bandwagon.

I've read all kinds of fan speculation about Mike and Sulley loose in the human world, or Nemo and Marlin help Dory try to find 'her' family.

Someday I'll have to do my gag storyboard idea where Mr Ray is swimming off with Nemo and the school of fish, and as they drift off, suddenly a motorboat comes by and just grinds them all up-and we just cut to everyone with their mouths open.

The humans have just waged war on the fish! And with more water than land, the fish will have the advantage!

--------------------
"He's got three Piston Cups!"
"He did WHAT in his cup!??"

Mr. Fun
IE # 63
Member # 352

You are correct, sir.

Pixar already has an impressive line up of new projects. They really don't need to do the sequel thing no matter how profitable it might be in the short term.

If we ever see a revisit to "The Incredibles," it won't be anytime soon.

Avar
Member # 3350

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Avar   Email Avar         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Don't mess with success.
I second this. I hate it -- HATE IT -- when I finally see a good film, and the first thing people want to do is bleed it dry via recycling its success. [puke]

Here's an idea: how about we make a film with a new story and new characters that people can enjoy just as much, if not more.

animator-boy
IE # 54
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for animator-boy   Author's Homepage   Email animator-boy         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/050228c.php

Perhaps he changed his mind on the issue, which is his right.....kinda like George Lucas with Star Wars.."im never doing anymore...wait I'm doing prequels...I intended to make 9....no I never said that...oh wait yes I did"

--------------------
www.raymation.net

javier
Member # 347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for javier   Email javier         Edit/Delete Post 
funny that most people here are opposed to a sequel to "the incredibles" since this is a property that lends itself to many new adventures (just as the open ending told us). i'd love to see more if made by the original studio and team.
Christian
IE # 211
Member # 3132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christian   Email Christian         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Here's an idea: how about we make a film with a new story and new characters that people can enjoy just as much, if not more.
That's an unoriginal sentiment.

quote:
this is a property that lends itself to many new adventures
If they never make another Incredibles movie I won't miss it, but if they do make one I definitely won't miss it (two different meanings of "miss it" operating here). These are comic book superheroes, people. Thank goodness there wasn't just one issue of Superman or Batman or Spiderman comic books. When subsequent issues of each came out did people say, "That is sooooo unoriginal. One issue was enough. Can't they come up with something new?"

I'll emphasize again that I've seen Brad Bird on two occasions at least appear open to the idea of more Incredibles adventures.

Avar
Member # 3350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avar   Email Avar         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That's an unoriginal sentiment.
It bears repeating.
Semaj
Member # 3131

quote:
Thank goodness there wasn't just one issue of Superman or Batman or Spiderman comic books. When subsequent issues of each came out did people say, "That is sooooo unoriginal. One issue was enough. Can't they come up with something new?"
comic books ≠ animation
javier
Member # 347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for javier   Email javier         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
comic books ≠ animation
i'm not one to embrace feature sequels unless they're made by a feature studio but superheroes are episodic by nature (the monthly comic book). "the incredibles" ARE superheroes (a variation on the "fantastic 4"). it's a good candidate for sequels or a tv series.
Christian
IE # 211
Member # 3132

Like I said, if they never make a "sequel" to The Incredibles (and "sequel" might be the wrong word) then I won't complain. If they do I will watch it. It is entirely faithless to say, "Well, sure, Toy Story 2 came out good but there's no way a second Incredibles could."
Matt Wilson
IE # 139
Member # 1520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Wilson   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Wilson         Edit/Delete Post 
If you make more Incredibles movies it turns a great character piece into a sitcom.

I'm sure a few years ago people thought "More Lilo & Stitch? What could possibly go wrong there? I'll never get sick of those characters!"

Christian
IE # 211
Member # 3132

quote:
If you make more Incredibles movies it turns a great character piece into a sitcom.
Not if handled correctly.
animator-boy
IE # 54
Member # 442

Well more Lilo and Stitch is just a given since Disney MUST make dozens of sequels to every film in their library whether it works or not....on the Little Mermaid DVD there are previews for Cinderella 3...the evil step mother gets the magic wand and reverses time....I wish I was lieing...and Little Mermaid 3......joy!!!!

--------------------
www.raymation.net

Doodles
Member # 565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doodles   Email Doodles         Edit/Delete Post 
It really, really is an "it depends" situation. Would I like to come back and learn more about the lives of the characters? Yes. Would I like it to be a rehash of the past? Certainly not.

I would want to see serious change in their lives if we were to come back and visit the Parr family again. Make it 10-15 years after the events of the first film, and deal with how growing older has effected everyone. Maybe that might be a good movie.

But run through a villian-of-the-week like a cheesy TV show? No thanks. I'll be over by the pool reading pork futures.

It's all up to Brad Bird. If he thinks of a good story, let him tell it. If he doesn't want to, that's fine by me.

-FP-
IE # 13
Member # 914

Icon 2 posted      Profile for -FP-   Author's Homepage   Email -FP-         Edit/Delete Post 
INCREDIBLES II: Script by Alan Moore, with no PIXAR input except for the animation. Rated R.

That would be cool.

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012