AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » "Frog Princess" is not my idea of a 2-D welcoming (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: "Frog Princess" is not my idea of a 2-D welcoming
Semaj
Member # 3131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semaj   Email Semaj         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think anybody had a problem with princess stories when The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Aladdin were being produced, especially since they were the first fairy tales in more than 30 years.
IP: Logged
Richard
Member # 247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard   Email Richard         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe a space-oriented movie, but not like TP (toilet paper for short!!!) or Lilo and Stitch (which should have taken place in outer space the whole time).

See, they only reserve the classical animation for the lame story ideas and boy band soundtracks. Couldn't any of these animal-based movies (ie. Over the Hedge, Open Season) have been done traditionally?

--------------------
www.richardjgaines.blogspot.com

Matt Wilson
IE # 139
Member # 1520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Wilson   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Wilson         Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing fundamentally wrong with a "Princess" movie. I just hope the twist is that she doesn't suddenly embrace submissive domestication after 90 minutes of sassy independence. That would be a first.
Christian
IE # 211
Member # 3132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christian   Email Christian         Edit/Delete Post 
Ever seen Breakfast at Tiffany's?
OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFBEAT   Author's Homepage   Email OFFBEAT         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it basically this..
 -
but with a frog instead of a swan?

--------------------
"Get Rich, or Die Drawing!"

Steve G
IE # 12
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve G   Author's Homepage   Email Steve G         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought that name sounded kind of familiar. [Wink]

--------------------
http://stevenegordon.blogspot.com
http://stevenegordon.com

rdelgado
Member # 552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rdelgado   Email rdelgado         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you need to trust the filmmakers. They've had a pretty good track record. Nobody's perfect, but they've proven that they know what they are doing.

Ricardo Delgado

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012