AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » Southpark making fun of Family Guy..

Author Topic: Southpark making fun of Family Guy..
OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFBEAT   Author's Homepage   Email OFFBEAT         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.smithappens.com/video_spfg.php
[funny] Flawless Parody!

--------------------
"Get Rich, or Die Drawing!"

IP: Logged
-FP-
IE # 13
Member # 914

Icon 2 posted      Profile for -FP-   Author's Homepage   Email -FP-         Edit/Delete Post 
But wait! There's more:

Seth MacFarlane: A Truth Media Celebrity Report

Excerpt:
“Me and Perry were worried that our little boy was never going to talk. It was like he was waiting for something,” Ron said. Seth spent these years of his life propped up in the corner of a small one-bedroom Rhode Island apartment, with the only apparent sign of life being his seemingly non-stop defecation. But even with this natural bodily function, some of that classic MacFarlane wit still shone through.

“That’s all he’d do, all day, every day. Each time he sh█t, he would laugh and laugh like it was the first time he did it. It was the craziest damn thing we ever saw.”

Paka
IE # 131
Member # 1411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paka   Email Paka         Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I second Cartman's reaction to the show. "Family Guy" certainly deserves a good send-up at the least - it's one of the dumbest, most mean-spirited animated shows I've ever seen; it often goes over the line and just gets downright creepy at times, too. O_o

Not to say I'm a big "South Park" fan, either... but I'd definitely take Parker and Stone's stuff over MacFarlane's any day.

It doesn't help that I've been subjected to FG several times as a captive audience at friends' places where all they do is sit at the TV and watch disc upon disc of the DVDs... [Gary]

Fooksie
IE # 239
Member # 331

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Fooksie   Author's Homepage   Email Fooksie         Edit/Delete Post 
I like both shows. Last night's South Park was pretty good mocking those Islamic nutjobs with their own video footage.
To paraphrase a character from last night's South Park :
" I know that the show is just joke, joke, joke, not derived from the plot. But I like it. I like a show that's not up it's own ass being preachy all the time".

--------------------
" Every move a picture! "
Buddy Love

-FP-
IE # 13
Member # 914

Icon 2 posted      Profile for -FP-   Author's Homepage   Email -FP-         Edit/Delete Post 
The censored footage! Maybe.
quote:
...most mean-spirited animated shows I've ever seen; it often goes over the line and just gets downright creepy...
That sounds like a ringing endorsement of FAMILY GUY to me.
Paka
IE # 131
Member # 1411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paka   Email Paka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That sounds like a ringing endorsement of FAMILY GUY to me.
I suppose to certain parties, it would be! ;-p
Kion
IE # 130
Member # 700

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kion   Author's Homepage   Email Kion         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't know you if guys saw part 2 to the south park episode but it was great. I liked how they tackled comdey centrals censoring.

--------------------
www.naughtydog.com

My Fault
IE # 78
Member # 1427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for My Fault   Author's Homepage   Email My Fault         Edit/Delete Post 
So I guess that means no re-airing of the 2001 episode that showed Muhammed?

--------------------
My Fault
Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!

-FP-
IE # 13
Member # 914

Some time ago I stopped taping SOUTH PARK for keeps, because the video captures on P2P networks are so much cleaner than my VHS tapes, and they transcode well to DVD.

The copy of CARTOON WARS 2 that just arrived has a seamless, perfect edit. The Comedy Central-mandated censoring of the prahfitt is replaced with what was claimed to be the genuine original footage, formerly found at http://www.spscriptorium.com. It's funnier with that part censored. From the site:
April 15, 2006 - I've removed the "uncensored" Muhammad clip because it's a fake. Matt and Trey do have the same scene censored and uncensored, but the censored one is the one more likely to make it to DVD.

-FP-
IE # 13
Member # 914

Gee, did anybody see last night's Towelee spectacular? It actually had several 90-second-long held stills of Oprah's groin. It must have been the cheapest episode ever. Also the kids weren't in it at all. So far this season, there have been three great episodes out of five...
Matt Wilson
IE # 139
Member # 1520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Wilson   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Wilson         Edit/Delete Post 
It reminded me of Neon Genesis Evangelion how Gainax (the animation studio) had run out of money to animate the rest of the series, so they started to do close up shots of props and characters from odd angles (or off-screen) so that they wouldn't have to animate anything.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012