AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » What can The Simpsons do to stay relevant/fresh/entertaining?

Author Topic: What can The Simpsons do to stay relevant/fresh/entertaining?
Christian
IE # 211
Member # 3132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christian   Email Christian         Edit/Delete Post 
I have some ideas. Or maybe one idea that could be capitalized on multiple times.
IP: Logged
-FP-
IE # 13
Member # 914

Icon 2 posted      Profile for -FP-   Author's Homepage   Email -FP-         Edit/Delete Post 
A few bold new directions...

Cosmic powers, Dark Marge, the death of galactic civilations 'cause solar systems just ain't big enough to matter, whole series to date was a dream from Bob Newhart's 1970 show, Simpsons go to Marine World, Homer invents a super-scientific toilet for Flanders but it accidentally kills him and Homer and family try to reattach Flanders' head to another body, SIMPSONS/FAMILY GUY/FUTURAMA/JIMMY NEUTRON crossover, Groening fired, entire season done as FANTASIA-style classical music vignettes, Mr Burns marries Anna Nicole Smith (voice by Charlie Adler) who is killed by Smithers in a jealous rage, The Simpsons attack Osama Bin Laden with a forklift, the entire series turns out to be the daydream of an autistic boy, WHO SHOT MAGGIE two-part season cliffhanger, Homer becomes a door-to-door salve salesman with his new rabid chihuahua pal, Bart moves to a pineapple under the sea and is spun off into a new series, Lisa's edition of JAZZ SAXOPHONER MONTHLY comes in the mail and it takes the mailman an hour to clean out his bag, and Santa's Little Helper gets a turd lodged crossways. In his throat.

Christian
IE # 211
Member # 3132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christian   Email Christian         Edit/Delete Post 
How 'bout Marge Simpson meets Large Marge from Pee Wee's Big Adventure?
Semaj
Member # 3131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semaj   Email Semaj         Edit/Delete Post 
Guest Stars for Season 18: Hilary Duff, Jennifer Nicole Freeman, Ed O'Neill, Queen Latifah, Brandy Norwood, Katey Sagal, Eddie Murphy, Christina Applegate, David Faustino, Robin Williams, and Bill Cosby.

Changes: More morphine for the Cat Lady, please.
Anti-depressent pills for Moe.
Maggie can talk?
Edna and Seymour at a shotgun wedding.

Vacation: "The Simpsons are going to...Arlen? WHY, GOD, WHY?!"

New Feature: A football-playing king in outer space...with a moustache! [Smile]

OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFBEAT   Author's Homepage   Email OFFBEAT         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What can The Simpsons do to stay relevant/fresh/entertaining?
Hire Me. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Get Rich, or Die Drawing!"

papercut
Member # 161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for papercut   Email papercut         Edit/Delete Post 
Give Homer a mullet and a mustache, then send him on a karmic journey .... no wait... a 3D Anime style...no, no, I've got it .... take it off the air for twenty years, then sell it in the bargain bins at Walmart.
ApeLad
IE # 231
Member # 3186

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ApeLad   Email ApeLad         Edit/Delete Post 
Who says they're not relevent, fresh, or entertaining?
I must be one of the few who think they're pretty much on the right track. There have been moments in the past couple seasons that have felt like season 3, which some contend is the best. Last Sunday nights mountain goat flashback was one of the funniest things I have seen on tv in a long time.

Christian
IE # 211
Member # 3132

quote:
Who says they're not relevant, fresh, or entertaining?
Not I. I asked how they could stay that way.
mbaker
Member # 2012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mbaker   Email mbaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Make them superheroes from the distant future who fight crime. [grouse] [Razz]
Rupert Piston
IE # 175
Member # 2875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rupert Piston   Author's Homepage   Email Rupert Piston         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, I know I'm in the wrong thread on the wrong cartoon, but...

Have 'em join the Church of Scientology. And read books about (stole this from Repo Man) Diarhetics: The Science of Matter Over Mind.

Matt Wilson
IE # 139
Member # 1520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Wilson   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Wilson         Edit/Delete Post 
I would rather FOX put money into new animated series, ideas, creators. I assume PITCH-O-RAMA was an abortion but they need to keep trying.
mbaker
Member # 2012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mbaker   Email mbaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Hilary Duff: Unless it's an unflattering satire on teenyboppers, than maybe. Otherwise, NO WAY!!

Ed O'Neill, Katey Sagal,Christina Applegate, David Faustino: I think it would be cool if The Bundys met The Simpsons, or even The Griffins. They were the original dysfunctional family.

Robin Williams: That guest star alone has some potential. As long as it's creative, and not a publicity stunt.

Graphiteman
IE # 218
Member # 2092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graphiteman   Author's Homepage   Email Graphiteman         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Robin Williams: That guest star alone has some potential. As long as it's creative, and not a publicity stunt.
Yah! a showdown of the Genie voices! [Wink]
OFFBEAT
IE # 39
Member # 873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFBEAT   Author's Homepage   Email OFFBEAT         Edit/Delete Post 
Have the Simpsons travel the world for a season.

The Simpsons are chosen for a reality show. Have celebrities live with them. Flava Flav comes to mind.

Homer Simpsons: The teen years.

Actually.. I dunno if they need gimmics.. there's still so much in life they can pick from.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012