AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » Aardman's "Flushed Away" previews

Author Topic: Aardman's "Flushed Away" previews
Scotty Arsenault
IE # 178
Member # 116

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Scotty Arsenault   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty Arsenault         Edit/Delete Post 
This page has lots of links to a preview of Aardman's upcoming Flushed Away .
Looks like a lotta fun!

http://news.toonzone.net/article.php?ID=8768

--------------------
 -

Cartoons for the Common Man!

IP: Logged
Splatman
IE # 94
Member # 2096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Splatman   Author's Homepage   Email Splatman         Edit/Delete Post 
A lot of fun, indeed!

Can't wait! [bow]

Splatman

--------------------
Chief Doodler
SPLAT digital
www.SPLATdigital.com

Egheaumaen
IE # 171
Member # 1519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egheaumaen   Email Egheaumaen         Edit/Delete Post 
This same featurette can be found on the "Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit" DVD that was released yesterday.

To be honest, I was a little nervous when I heard that Aardman was going CG, but thankfully, they've kept their look, style and charm intact. The big eyes and buck teeth are still there. It still feels like Aardman.

Eric Hedman
IE # 84
Member # 2453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Hedman   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Hedman         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah Neeerly Peeed Meeself.

--------------------
http://www.radiodismuke.com
20's-30's music

Come see my Second Life Stuff
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Chilispoon/128/80/39

Scotty Arsenault
IE # 178
Member # 116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scotty Arsenault   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty Arsenault         Edit/Delete Post 
Still, I wonder if they could chop out every other frame or so to maybe give it that stop-action feel. You don't think it's too smooth, do you?

--------------------
 -

Cartoons for the Common Man!

Doodles
Member # 565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doodles   Email Doodles         Edit/Delete Post 
An interesting concept, but it would still have limits. Using a technique like that, you'd see every character in a frame have a hesitation, as opposed to individual ones, which would make it look like the projector had a hiccup.

What you would have to do is introduce a random element of pause into individual characters as they are rendered, so that you would see variation going on throughout the whole film. And then you'd have to make sure that the characters never synchronize, or else you'd get other unnatural results (like having a row of characters do "the wave.")

It doesn't sound impossible technically, but it does sound like a new order of magnitude in complexity.

scaredofbees
IE # 194
Member # 2726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scaredofbees   Author's Homepage   Email scaredofbees         Edit/Delete Post 
For my demo reel in college, I had a cg piece wherein I used scanned in, finger-printed up playdoh as the textures for the models. I also animated the character frame by frame instead of using any sort of tweening. A lot of people thought he was stop motion, and for all intents and purposes, I guess he could have been considered as such.

...now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

--------------------
 -

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012