AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » Contest #11 entries are up!

Author Topic: Contest #11 entries are up!
the Moderator
Administrator
Member # 5

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Moderator   Email the Moderator         Edit/Delete Post 
Check 'em out over here...

--------------------
-the Moderator
-Brian Reynolds

-

IP: Logged
mojodesign
IE # 237
Member # 3158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojodesign   Author's Homepage   Email mojodesign         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Brian, this was a lot of fun. I know we're still voting, but will there be another one for Valentine's day?....and am I disqualified for having entered this last one?

-MOJO

--------------------
 -

hett15
IEcm
Member # 2723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hett15   Email hett15         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe you are only disqualified if you win something in this contest. Otherwise you are free to enter any contest until you win. I forgot how long you are barred from competition (1 year maybe?) once you win, in order to give as many people a chance to win something as possible and to keep the happy and always cheerful upbeat community we have here running on all cylinders. Good luck to all.
Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
If you win, there's a three month moratorium on entering the following contest. That was before when we only had one winner per contest. Now that prizes are going to be awarded to 3 different contestants, we may have to review the policy once this contest is over and the next one is planned. We'll let you know what conclusion we come to.

--------------------
 -

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Don't forget to vote!

http://www.animationnation.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000030#000001

--------------------
 -

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Be a true ANer and vote in Contest #11! It's patriotic, you won't have to do jury duty and you'll help make this a special contest since we're awarding a first, second and third place prize!

http://www.animationnation.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000030#000001

--------------------
 -

mojodesign
IE # 237
Member # 3158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojodesign   Author's Homepage   Email mojodesign         Edit/Delete Post 
Charles, so far 18 members have voted...

...just out of curiosity, how many members are registered in the IE?

--------------------
 -

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

The number has gone up to 23 who have voted in the contest.

In regards to Mojo's question, there's been about that many newly registered accounts on AN since October that are active but have not posted yet. If half of the subscribed and general membership voted we'd be well into the hundreds. There's been over 1000 hits to the thread since Monday morning when Brian posted the entries, so it's being checked out.

C'mon and vote y'all. We the contest crowd would appreciate it. Contest wraps up this coming Sunday night @ midnight LA time.

--------------------
 -

SquarejawHero
IE # 188
Member # 2601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SquarejawHero   Author's Homepage   Email SquarejawHero         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm number 23, I voted and haven't been around that much. If I can do it - SO CAN YOU! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Bowendesign.com

mojodesign
IE # 237
Member # 3158

Wow....that's not a big turnout (of participants) considering the size of the community. Come on guys! Let's make this really interesting!

VOTE OR DIE!

--------------------
 -

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

The votes are up to 29 now. With luck maybe we'll outdo the latest survey in the Poll AN Forum. There are 33 members that voted in the "Are you right handed or left handed?" poll. Seems odd that there would be more votes cast in that poll as oppossed to the contest. Sure wish more people would participate.

But there's still time. This evening, all day tomorrow and Sunday until midnight.

--------------------
 -

mojodesign
IE # 237
Member # 3158

...just 4 more votes to surpass the 'right handed vs. left handed' poll. WOOHOO! Perhaps we should have called this contest 'The Right Handed Artist's vs. Left Handed Artists Contest'?

--------------------
 -

mojodesign
IE # 237
Member # 3158

Guess what guys! There's still time to vote!

--------------------
 -

gergley
IE # 200
Member # 74

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gergley   Email gergley         Edit/Delete Post 
Where to Vote. I think the voting ends tonight at midnite PST.

To follow up on what Charles wrote*, any current member can vote. Voting isn't restricted to just IE members.

Soooo... please check out the four unique pieces of artwork created by fellow board members and then anonymously choose your favorite one.

In my lil ol' opinion, each artist approaches the theme and nails it in their own way. How Cool is that?

I'm happy to state that I just voted. It didn't take too long to check out the art. It took a while longer to figure out which one I like best ...

*hope you don't mind, Charles.

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Thanks for that notice, gerg and for helping promote the contest.

The voting is finished and the results are in.

http://www.animationnation.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000030;p=1#000015

--------------------
 -

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012